Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hi everyone,

The Divinity Engine: Enhanced Edition is an updated version of the editor that was used to create Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition. Please keep in mind that the original game and the Enhanced Edition are two vastly different games. Not only did we add many features, but the internal data structure and story changed quite a bit as well.

For this reason, we are not officially supporting the conversion of mods from the old editor to the new one. If you try to load an old mod into the new editor, you will get an error message.

If you want to try to recover and fix your old mod, there is a workaround to get it to load in the new editor:

* Warning: keep a backup of the old mod files

* Copy your old mod files from:
..\Divinity Original Sin\Data\Mods\YourMod to ..\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\Mods\YourMod
and ..\Divinity Original Sin\Data\Public\YourMod to ..\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\Public\YourMod
and ..\Divinity Original Sin\Data\Editor\Mods\YourMod to ..\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\Editor\Mods\YourMod

When you have the files in place, open the meta.lsx file in ..\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\Editor\Mods\YourMod.

* In the moduleinfo node, add:
<attribute id="Type" value="EE" type="22" />

* In dependentmodules, add:
<node id="ModuleShortDesc">
<attribute id="Folder" value="Shared" type="30" />
<attribute id="MD5" value="" type="23" />
<attribute id="Name" value="Shared" type="22" />
<attribute id="UUID" value="2bd9bdbe-22ae-4aa2-9c93-205880fc6564" type="22" />
<attribute id="Version" value="268435456" type="4" />
</node>

In Datapack, add:
<node id="DataPack">
</node>

* Load the mod in the new editor, resave your terrain and regenerate your AI grid.

* Try building story. If there are any errors, they will have to be fixed manually. There have been some changes to calls and databases, which will be the biggest cause of issues with older mods and complicated scripting

Please report any issues you have with converting old mods to the new format. We will do our best to fix blocking issues related to the new editor, but keep in mind that we will not be able to fix every problem related to conversion, as it is not officially supported.

You can find video tutorials on how to use the editor here:
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=508328&gonew=1#UNREAD

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
I still don't have the EE Divinity Engine in my tools list in Steam. Last I heard Steam just needed to press a button, but that was nearly two weeks ago. Can you guys follow up with Steam?

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Can you check again and make sure ?

If it is still not there, please tell us where your key came from so we can track down why you do not have it in your library.

A
addict
addict
A
Now it's there! Thank you for the infos and the tools!

SniperHF has already started a thread about conversion of pre-EE mods. He was able to make most of the things working.

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=580624#Post580624

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by Larian_QA
Can you check again and make sure ?

If it is still not there, please tell us where your key came from so we can track down why you do not have it in your library.

It just showed up. I checked as I posted and it wasn't there at the time (I had 131 tools total.) It's there now however, and I'm sitting at 132 tools total.

Thanks.

T
addict
addict
T
The kickstarter update says the editor is now also available for Mac. Is that really true? (I only have DOS:EE on GOG, so I can't see what you put online on Steam)

old hand
old hand
Is there any difference between the EE Editor for GOG and Steam right now?

I see you added teleport back for one. thankyou

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Curious, any plans for Steam Workshop integration? Divinity Original Sin has Steam workshop support. Not a big deal, but Workshop makes it so easy for users to find, download, and install mods.

old hand
old hand
Workshop is there far as I can tell.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Originally Posted by SniperHF
Workshop is there far as I can tell.

Oh you're right.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Tinkerer
The kickstarter update says the editor is now also available for Mac.

For Mac news, it was the App Store version of the EE that was just released. The editor is only available for Windows.

Originally Posted by SniperHF
Is there any difference between the EE Editor for GOG and Steam right now?

There were a couple of tweaks, and some extra templates added (dialogues and keywords).

enthusiast
enthusiast
@Raze apologies, but just to make sure, are the extra templates you mentioned only in the Steam version?

Pride, honour and purity
Support
Support

Until GOG updates, yes.

T
addict
addict
T
Originally Posted by Raze
Originally Posted by Tinkerer
The kickstarter update says the editor is now also available for Mac.

For Mac news, it was the App Store version of the EE that was just released. The editor is only available for Windows.

I noticed the page on kickstarter.com got updated in the mean time, but fortunately I still have the backer mail that was sent out to prove I wasn't just making things up:

We are also happy to announce that the editor we used to make Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition is now available on PC and Mac.

(well, to the extent that a copy/paste could prove anything smile )

Support
Support

Sorry about that. I just checked out the Kickstarter update online, and didn't notice the typo in the original version/email, so though you were mixing up the App Store and editor releases.

When you have the files in place, open the meta.lsx file in ..\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\Editor\Mods\YourMod.

There is no meta.lsx file in that folder. It's in ..\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\Mods\YourMod.

* In the moduleinfo node, add:
<attribute id="Type" value="EE" type="22" />

* In dependentmodules, add:
<node id="ModuleShortDesc">
</node>

In Datapack, add:
<node id="DataPack">
</node>

Adding this removes my old mod from the "existing module" list.

Please report any issues you have with converting old mods to the new format. We will do our best to fix blocking issues related to the new editor, but keep in mind that we will not be able to fix every problem related to conversion, as it is not officially supported.
You are quite happy and frequent with forcing people to start all over again. The fact that even the new editor doesn't have a workable starting template means it's the same shitty editor. Just bigger databases have been added for all the new items.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hello. I translate the game by editing the file english.xls. Still in the file they are scattered chaotically difficult to understand the context.
I'm wondering, is it possible to translate the game into the Game Editor?
If i could visualize the dialogs and translate them in parallel, this would greatly simplify the process.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Short answer: it's not possible to do translations with the game editor.

Do you really mean 'english.xls' or 'English.xml' ?
An 'english.xls' is completely unknown to me.

If it is 'English.xml' though ...:

Most of the pointers you see in the English.xml are the 'handles' used in root templates, in the 'translated string keys', directly in the .exe, in the dialog files and maybe somewhere else I currently don't think of.

I haven't looked at everything but I know that one never gets to see those handles anywhere in the game editor, you can only see them when you unpack the .lsb or .lsf files to .lsf, the XML text format. You need an external tool for that, Norbyte's EE Pak Extractor.

An example from the unpacked 'Stat.lsb' --> 'Stat.lsf', which is one of the translated string key files that contains the string keys for most items:

Code
<node id="TranslatedStringKey">
    <attribute id="Content" value="Iron Belt" type="28" handle="h3db97d7cgcf2ag4418g8ca3ga6048ad69c42" />
    <attribute id="ExtraData" value="" type="23" />
    <attribute id="Speaker" value="" type="22" />
    <attribute id="Stub" value="True" type="19" />
    <attribute id="UUID" value="ARM_Chain_Belt_A" type="22" />
</node>

The relevant part is the 'handle="..."' attribute that determines which handle to look for in English.xml to get the final text to display. Only if this handle is not found in English.xml, the text 'Iron Belt' will be displayed for the item, otherwise, the text from English.xml - which might be exactly the same - will be used.
For most things, both texts will be the same, but the one from English.xml will always take precedence.
So you can change the Stat.lsb in the game editor as many times as you want, the text will still not change unless English.xml is changed.

The discouraging part now is:
You cannot look up the handle anywhere in the game editor, neither for root templates nor for translated string keys, nor ...

All you can do if you want to know which text belongs to what is to search all unpacked .lsb files and all the dialog XMLs for that handle. There are additional .lsb files in the regions for all the pre-placed objects and NPCs and all of them might also have the 'handle=' attribute which is only visible in the unpacked version of the .lsb file.

This is work you will not want to do I'm sure.

It is easier to blindly translate English.xml for the most part and only look up very few border cases, for which you might already have an idea where to find it.

Larian for sure has some tools to do handle and string assignment automatically and they must have some database which connect handles to objects to translations but I have never see any of this published.
This alone would not help you either unless those tools also provided some direct links to examine the 'context' you are looking for.

D
stranger
stranger
D

Thank you for the detailed answer.

Link Copied to Clipboard