Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
Now that the Divinity Engine for Enhanced Edition is out on Steam, I have started work on making a version of my single player module "Journey of the Lone Wolf" work for EE.

This is the development thread for the module conversion.

Here's what I have gotten to work so far:
Code
1. Changed Character_Player2 so that they are not marked as as IsPlayer(), and removed the Character_Player2.IsPlayer() function from the DOS_Start Story file. 
Removed Player2 from being added to character creation as well. 
Only one player shows on character creation and the dialogue/story works properly with one character upon entering the game (up through the tutorial dungeon anyways).

2. Mostly copy-pasted the Ability/Skill/Talent point code from Journey of the Lone Wolf such that the player gets the points upon reaching Cyseal beach.

3. For the pressure plates in the tutorial dungeon, copied them to my module and changed their Off event so that the doors remain open.

As far as I can tell, the pressure plates leading to the Endgame were removed. If there is anything in Enhanced Edition that now requires both players, please let me know.

With that being said, the first major issue that I have encountered is in the Character Creation screen. I cannot customize Player1 at all (although I can enter the game with the default character that is created). Clicking "Customize" leads to a freeze and trying to change the class does absolutely nothing.

To Do List:
Code
1. Fix the Character Creation Screen so that Player 1 can be customized.

2. See how Zixzax reacts to there only being one player. 
The distance check that I had modified in the Classic mod has been changed/removed in Enhanced Edition, so I'm not sure how he'll work until I get to him.

old hand
old hand
Obviously not ideal, but you could just give the character spendable stats and attributes when character creation is completed and have a vendor for skillbooks there (figure the starting character could use more than 3 starting skills anyway). Wonder if you can enter the character creation screen through the mirror in the End of Time. Maybe something to look at there.

R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
My solution isn't ideal, but I found a work-around for the Character Creation screen issue.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As far as I can tell, Character Creation for the main campaign *requires* both player characters to be labeled as IsPlayer.

All of the variations I tried that removed IsPlayer from Player2 failed horribly, so my solution was to leave the Player2 Character file alone and set the character to invisible during Character creation.

I also removed Player2 from the party immediately after Character creation, so that it effectively leaves the party with Player1 on the beach.

Now I need to do more testing to see what happens when Player2 is labeled with IsPlayer even if they're not in the party.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Rhidian
My solution isn't ideal, but I found a work-around for the Character Creation screen issue.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As far as I can tell, Character Creation for the main campaign *requires* both player characters to be labeled as IsPlayer.

All of the variations I tried that removed IsPlayer from Player2 failed horribly, so my solution was to leave the Player2 Character file alone and set the character to invisible during Character creation.

I also removed Player2 from the party immediately after Character creation, so that it effectively leaves the party with Player1 on the beach.

Now I need to do more testing to see what happens when Player2 is labeled with IsPlayer even if they're not in the party.

I think the bigger concern would be the presence (and queries for) player2 being in the IsPlayer Database. They are legion.

Do you think that IsPlayer checkbox check during creation is hardcoded somewhere? Because my D:OS pre-ee mod Dunamis is a one player mod so having that limitation would be annoying.

R
Rhidian Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
R
I suspect it would have to do with the presets for the Main Campaign character creation, or whatever is used to randomize the player characters prior to adding them to the screen. All of the times I removed Player2 from the process, Player1 would be inserted into the 2nd character position (right side of the screen) and wouldn't be customizable.

In any case, my brief testing up through meeting Zixzax and obtaining the Teleporter Pyramids showed nothing out of place, so I'll leave my solution be for now. If it really becomes necessary I could just remove all of the Player2 references, but I don't think it needs to come to that.

Here's a link to the first version of this mod, if anyone wants to take a look.
Journey of the Lone Wolf (EE) early test version

U
stranger
stranger
U
Thanks Rhidian i'm going to test it right now, i was waiting for that for a very long time.

apprentice
apprentice
In the section of the Luculla Mines with the teleporting mirrors, you get stuck on the last one, which requires that you "Gather your party; call and call." before you may proceed. In other words; it demands that the "second" character be present. Since this area also blocks usage of the teleporter pyramids the adventure comes to a full stop.

Help? smile

F
stranger
stranger
F
so what happened to this? been waiting for it for long, any news?

apprentice
apprentice
Sorry, I've heard nothing and now only check here rarely to see if I've gotten lucky.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I've just completed the main quest in Cyseal (killing Braccus Rex), and after going to the homestead, Zigzax is wanting both players to be there (I assume for the story cutscene from the retrieved threads of time).

Also, is there any work being done on this, or is it being scrapped now? I absolutely loved the mod for classic, and I'd love to be able to use all the new features and balancing with it for EE.

old hand
old hand
Rhidian hasn't posted since April so I'd wager it's a dead project.

Link Copied to Clipboard