Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hi, this small guide is here to help you to download and install the editor.

I don't have GoG version around for now, so it will only work for Steam.

Intallation

-- Open Steam client

-- Click on Library

-- In drop down find Tools section and click on it

-- You will see the tools list. Search for The Divinity Engine Enhanced Edition and double click on it.

[Linked Image]

-- The install path can be the one that Steam proposes for you (something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam) or any you want, it does not really matter.

-- Click Next, Agree and wait for tool to be downloaded and installed

-- When engine is installed you can click on
Library/Installed and the see tool inside Tools section of your library

[Linked Image]

-- Make sure that you have Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Editon game installed, editor bases on it and requires it to work

-- You can hit Play to launch the engine.

Setup

-- When you first time started the editor, you will get this message
[Linked Image]

-- This means you need to do a small configuration setup. Hit OK and the Setting window will appear
[Linked Image]

-- There is bunch of params in this window, but we mostly are interested in EditorDataPath and GameDataPath.

-- You need to click browse inside the EditorDataPath property and locate the Data/Editor folder inside your DOSEE game folder.

-- In my case it will be:

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\Editor

-- In your case it maybe a bit different.

-- If you getting trouble to find where your game is installed, then:

--- Find game in your Steam library

--- Right click on it and select Properties

[Linked Image]

--- In Properties select Local Files pane and click on Browse Local Files… button. This will bring you to the game folder inside the Windows Explorer

--- You game folder will look like this

[Linked Image]

--- Go to Data/Editor and copy the path from Explorer window header

[Linked Image]

-- You need insert it in EditorDataPath property under the Global Setting section

-- Now do the same for GameDataPath, except now you need to tager Data folder inside your game folder (you can simply copy editor path and remove \Editor at the end of it)

-- Eventually your settings will look similar to:
[Linked Image]

-- Now hit OK. Editor will load now and you will see the welcome message with the list of mods
[Linked Image]

-- If you see it, it means that your editor is installed and setup correctly.

Happy modding!

M
M
If you somehow (like me) put in a wrong path the editor will crash everytime you open it, deleting and re-installing it from steam won't help as the editor apparently remembers your wrong settings.

I found a fix though, go to the editor folder.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Divinty Engine Enhanced Edition

Find the file named "config" open it and delete the 2 wrong path you've put in.

Next time you open the editor you will get a new chance to put in the correct paths.

addict
addict
Easier way to correct wrong paths: start the editor, go to Options, Preferences, insert correct paths.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
M
M
Originally Posted by EinTroll
Easier way to correct wrong paths: start the editor, go to Options, Preferences, insert correct paths.

The problem is that the editor (at least mine did) will crash once you start it, before you get a chance to do anything.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
You are very right. Indeed if the editor keep crashing on startup, it's good idea to take a look at that file.

Link Copied to Clipboard