Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
Does anybody know of a way to extend the number of quickslots, specifically to add more than the 5 'pages' of quickslots the game currently has ?

The game's extracted Game.pak has a Public\GUI folder with a lot of .swf files, among them 'bottomBar.swf' and 'bottomBar_c.swf'. Could that have something to do with the number of slot pages ?
Unfortunately, I have no idea what .swf files are. (My best guess is that it stands for 'Shockwave Flash'.)

A
addict
addict
A
Unfortunately, I have no idea what .swf files are. (My best guess is that it stands for 'Shockwave Flash'.)

That's right. I dabbled a bit with these files to remove the questmarkers and was successful. Motivated by that achievment I tried to edit the bottomBar files (the _c files are for controllers) to extend the bottom bars (additional slots for each bar). To put it in a nutshell (if to hand): I changed the bars visually and was even able to make the new slots get recognized when the mouse pointer drags items/skills over the slot. But the result was: the items disappeared in the black hole of the new slots and reappeared somewhere else (to be precise: an item that fell into slot 13 on bar 1 appeared in slot 3 of bar 2, magic hat). And beyond 50 the game crashed. laugh
So, if you have programming knowledge it shouldn't be too difficult to do that. Otherwise you will end up like me.

EDIT: Maybe it would be easier to just add new bars but I haven't found out where the number of bars is defined. Not quite helpful, sorry!

Last edited by Abraxas*; 23/07/16 08:54 PM.

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
Well, I do have programming knowledge, but that is more in the field of 'traditional' languages like C, C++, PHP, SQL and some more, and I can deal with Osiris and Scripts in DOS.

But I have no clue what SWF is and how it works and probably do not understand its concepts, I do not even know, how I could open such a file and look what code it has and even less what that code would do. A game crash would be guaranteed if I even opened and saved such a file without any further changes, I'm sure.
Learning this language only for game modding seems a bit much for my - 'more urbane' (c) Maxine - tastes ;-)

How about more than 5 switchable bars instead of extending the bars of 10 ?
(That's what I personally would prefer anyway, switching bars with 'R' and 'F' is pretty easy.)

That of course would also be impossible if the game had some built-in limit of 50.

Link Copied to Clipboard