Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I will admit that the game has it's fair share of issues right now within it's dearly early stage. But, for many of which that are complaining they explicitly said the game will be in pretty rough shape and that playing it right now will be filled with bugs. Be patient, if you don't want to deal with the issues then put the game down and slide it off to the side and wait for it's Beta at least. Otherwise, join in on reporting bugs every now and then, look forward to the next improvement.

Don't poke the fire. It might poke back!
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by SniperHF

I'd rather they not patch too quickly, people need time to get through the game and if the next planned patch is going to break saves they need to space them out.

I Agree. Besides, seeing as there's only about 10hrs of game play so far, it shouldn't be too hard to finish it before the next patch comes through.

I personally would like to see the patches come through on a weekly/fortnightly basis so that the creators have time to work on the next chapters to release them... say once a month (I know that's asking a lot but it would be nice!)
That way you get a sense of excitement and interest with every month and they can work through their bugs at the same time without loosing the gamers that have already finished the game a few times.

veteran
veteran
There will be no more chapters till release, just a tuned-up Fort Joy.
Also 2 months in EA is unreasonable.

But I'm fine with a bit longer time now that I have less time to actually play D:OS2EA frown. Not that I wouldn't restart right away, still...

B
stranger
stranger
B
I lol'd @ A week is a long alpha. Anyone that complains about status of alpha has no idea what ALPHA or Early Access means :|

journeyman
journeyman
I think they meant it as in weekly updates, not a week then release..

journeyman
journeyman
Hey, any new updates?
Wanna wait until some patch to play it again smile
thx in advance

Support
Support

Not yet, but there should be an update 'soon' (no ETA).

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Hey Raze, any word yet on the next update? Super keen laugh

Support
Support

I think the next update is primarily focused on bug fixes. It will require a new game be started; a beta branch in Steam will allow people to continue existing playthroughs with the current version of the game.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

I think the next update is primarily focused on bug fixes. It will require a new game be started; a beta branch in Steam will allow people to continue existing playthroughs with the current version of the game.

Obviously bug fixes are important, but I would certainly hope that a month of feedback would contain some changes to balance to try out as well. Otherwise might as well shift the estimated release date to Q1 2018.

veteran
veteran
The core issue is kind of an overhaul of everything, I guess that is not that easily accomplished. I don't know how prepared they were for such a case.

But a timeline would certainly help testers and acertain those who are having unsecurity because of the missing stuff.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
This Patchnote is really late uh.

journeyman
journeyman
still waiting on any update on an update think
a timeline would be great, even if it changes slightly. This would really be helpful since I am looking forward to the release and if I know it will take another year, I know not to sit on *nails * biggrin

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by Lynoa
still waiting on any update on an update think
a timeline would be great, even if it changes slightly. This would really be helpful since I am looking forward to the release and if I know it will take another year, I know not to sit on *nails * biggrin

Welp it won't be coming today that is for sure, look at there twitter frown

journeyman
journeyman
Thx just checked... frown
And this weekend I would have time to play *cry*

enthusiast
enthusiast
Why no roadmap or at least some overview of how updates will be planned?

journeyman
journeyman
Any words on previous saved games compatibility?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GrumpyMcGrump
Any words on previous saved games compatibility?

I believe that the next patch will first drop onto a beta branch, to give everyone else a chance to finish up their current playthrough. The new beta branch will almost certainly not have saved game compatibility because the point of an alpha is to try out various major changes.

Originally Posted by Linio
Why no roadmap or at least some overview of how updates will be planned?

Not saying they couldn't do that, but it's a scary move for devs. Anything a dev says these days is taken by the community as a promise so releasing an extensive plan to the public is a scary prospect. On the flip side you certainly don;t want to get expectations too high... (No Mans Sky anyone?)

Chaotic neutral, not chaotic stupid.
Support
Support
Originally Posted by Stabbey
I believe that the next patch will first drop onto a beta branch, to give everyone else a chance to finish up their current playthrough.

AFAIK it will be the other way around; the main branch will be updated, and a beta branch used for the current version.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon, Seter 

Link Copied to Clipboard