Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#589255 25/09/16 07:13 PM
Kresky Offline OP
OP Offline
https://goo.gl/images/VukuNg

Just a couple more days and a few more plastic knives and I'm outta this joint!

veteran
veteran
"Wait, this place has been here for YEARS and there's still no barracks, kitchen, or mess hall for the Magisters? The roof is full of holes!"

"The dock at the prison is blocked by sunken boats. There's no solid road to the dock on the other side of the island. There's chunks of debris in the jail, including one entire cell unusable because of debris. But it's apparently been years since the Magisters started using this as a prison for Sourcerers"

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
Originally Posted by Stabbey
"Wait, this place has been here for YEARS and there's still no barracks, kitchen, or mess hall for the Magisters? The roof is full of holes!"

"The dock at the prison is blocked by sunken boats. There's no solid road to the dock on the other side of the island. There's chunks of debris in the jail, including one entire cell unusable because of debris. But it's apparently been years since the Magisters started using this as a prison for Sourcerers"

There's a war on, they have to be selective with the budget. Bishop Alexander needs the best immediately around him.
They had been going to arrange a full meal, but Flenser's been feeding the other Magisters a steady selection of tender morsels for years, and they've never chosen to question him, except maybe some of the ones having a long lie down outside.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well, they only need Fort Joy temporarily and it costs a lot of money to keep those things in check. And the prisoners are killed daily, from the dangerous to the less dangerous I presume, so I can swallow that they only live in tents.

Last edited by Zelon; 25/09/16 10:44 PM.
Kresky Offline OP
OP Offline
I also realized there seems to be nobody corning the market in halibut, sheep's cheese, or tomatoes.

veteran
veteran
Bahara, the Amadia disciple you meet elsewhere says that she escaped Fort Joy years ago. It might be temporary for the prisoners, but it's not for the guards, which is why the lack of those things after years is so striking.

Clearly the weather around this island is not very nice at all given the 44 dozen ships wrecked along the coastlines, including some wedged about 30 meters above the water line in rocks 200 meters from the water. I wouldn't want to be a guard living in a tent for years with the kind of storms this place gets.

Fort Joy needs another floor.

Originally Posted by Kresky
I also realized there seems to be nobody corning the market in halibut, sheep's cheese, or tomatoes.

There was once, but they "mysteriously vanished" after half a day.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert

You mean cured, surely?

I'm also thinking that Fort Joy probably isn't at the top of anyone's list of places they'd like to be posted and is probably the military's equivalent of being sent to the Eastern Front: there's no inclination to treat them well, no reason to do so as they're pretty much as trapped there as the prisoners, and it's fairly clear that the higher echelons are about as corrupt as it comes, so any resources they are given for repairs and accommodation and spent on vulgar paintings and trinkets.

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by vometia

You mean cured, surely?

I'm also thinking that Fort Joy probably isn't at the top of anyone's list of places they'd like to be posted and is probably the military's equivalent of being sent to the Eastern Front: there's no inclination to treat them well, no reason to do so as they're pretty much as trapped there as the prisoners, and it's fairly clear that the higher echelons are about as corrupt as it comes, so any resources they are given for repairs and accommodation and spent on vulgar paintings and trinkets.

That's a good idea. And Alexandar only comes a few times a year around, takes his source powered wands (or whatever he uses those stuff for) and goes away with them and a few new shriekers. The chief judge has a few screws loose, so it could be like you have written.

Besides, Alexandar seems to be a pompous douchebag, that doesn't concern himself with such worthly problems like administration. His Magisters have to honor to fight for him, surely they can suffer a little bit for the greater good?

Last edited by Zelon; 25/09/16 10:46 PM.
Kresky Offline OP
OP Offline
Let's be real, Alex is just there for the booty call.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kresky
Let's be real, Alex is just there for the booty call.

Why, thank you. Now you made me squick. Brrr.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard