Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#589622 27/09/16 12:40 AM
Fastel Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
ran into a black cat on the beach shortly after starting play after a while of following me in a fugue state the cat became bugged and vanished from following me first it wandered around in a circle next to a source hound and then it vanished entirely. Though the dog on the beach still thinks its at my feet is this an unimplemented quest?

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
No quest. You can talk to animals if you get the pet related skill. I'm still exploring Fort Joy and the surrounding area. The cat seems to stay out of trouble except if you get close to one particular area. I haven't found anything important with the cat yet, but it might be worthwhile talking to the dog.

I think the cat is an unintentional spy. Someone has enchanted the cat to follow you and is seeing through the cats eyes. Thats my head canon on it so far.

stranger
stranger
I know, right? The cat just ups and disappears but the dog thinks its still there. I dunno if this was a bug or not.

Fastel Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Izzachar
No quest. You can talk to animals if you get the pet related skill. I'm still exploring Fort Joy and the surrounding area. The cat seems to stay out of trouble except if you get close to one particular area. I haven't found anything important with the cat yet, but it might be worthwhile talking to the dog.

The dog leads to its own minor quest that gives you no experience. The cat is still bugged I started a new game again and spoke to the dog avoiding the cat. I had pet pal perk and that is why I said a fugue state the cat is confused when you speak to it. The reason I thought it might be an unimplemented quest since it follows you as that maybe you can find a way to cure it.

A
stranger
stranger
A
It may sound stupid, but I think it's possible that the cat is actually a companion with the Polymorph/Shapeshifter skill tree. That would explain why its quest can't be done, since the reward (besides exp) isn't available yet.
The quest could include the fact that the dog find the cat weird, or something leading you to the idea that it isn't an actual cat. Plus, it's also a pretty neat way to make people want to try this skill tree.

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
I wish you could mute it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Gelatinous Rube

You can kill it. There is currently no discernible drawback to doing so. It's just going to eventually die anyway.

G
journeyman
journeyman
G
Originally Posted by Darxim

You can kill it. There is currently no discernible drawback to doing so. It's just going to eventually die anyway.

It just seemed to me like something that would be significant to some bit of content either now or in the future. It would be an awfully random thing otherwise.

Besides, I know it's weird, but I can't kill pet-level animals in video games. People? Sure. But not doggies and kitties.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
You can mute it. There are a whole bunch of skills that has this effect. Hail strike, fireball, rain+contaminate, crippling blow... and so on. :3

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Darxim

Also some of the guards may shoot it if you get too close to them (they hate cats lol)

enthusiast
enthusiast
It just seemed to me like something that would be significant to some bit of content either now or in the future. It would be an awfully random thing otherwise.

I think that either its content is bugged, or it hasn't been implemented yet. So, for now, just an awfully random thing. Either that, or the content is there, but nobody has managed to keep the cat alive long enough to find out what it is.

journeyman
journeyman
The cat is dead ! He stay too long in poison, stupid animal !!!

My signed collector bike ; )
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Personally I believed the cat was just a random homage to Arhu.
Since I didn't kill him in the first game, and being a powerful wizard who likes to turn into a cat (and probabyl has the ability to extend his life) I just assumed it might be him and used in some later quest.

Where's my badge, Jimmy?
Where's my badge...?
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Scorpyon
Personally I believed the cat was just a random homage to Arhu.
Since I didn't kill him in the first game, and being a powerful wizard who likes to turn into a cat (and probabyl has the ability to extend his life) I just assumed it might be him and used in some later quest.

The cat is dead ! He stay too long in poison, stupid animal !!!

enthusiast
enthusiast
All I can deduce from playing this game is that the cat is probably someone who will regain its memories later on, if it survives. Like, in Act 2 of the game or something, when we get off this island.

I'm really baffled though, I barely even notice it and at some point I just realize "oh, the cat's gone". If the cat is important in some way then add a teleport mechanism to the cat, whatever to make it stick to my Godwoken xD

Last edited by Kelsier; 27/10/16 01:23 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I carefully watched the cat as it followed me. When I was going past Mona's tent (the diseased woman) the cat went behind the tent to the pile of stuff with the bugs buzzing above it and just faded out. Clicking on the are did not bring up anything and high wits did not spot anything there. Maybe it's like the guy in Hiberheim who didn't know how he ended up in prison. it may be a developer's joke on us.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Talking to it with petpal just gives some dialogue where it tells me to stop following it.

Stupid gate guard killed the black cat with crossbow.
I'll revenge the cat, when I get stronger.

S
stranger
stranger
S
well, custom character dialogue when the cat first shows up says it's 'unlucky for you', referencing the cat. Bit of foreshadowing for the poor cat's fate.

I named him Nigel btw.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard