Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
error3 Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
The Memory bonus granted by Blood Rose Elixir isn't allowing me to memorize additional abilities.

I've got 7/9 Memory slots used and cannot slot any additional abilities.

I have 3 Blood Rose Elixir buffs bringing Memory from 15 to 18. Before applying the last two buffs I could only slot 7/8 abilities, so I'm fairly certain the Blood Rose Elixir is the cause of the bug.

I unequipped all of my gear (bringing Memory down to base 10 and +3 from Blood Rose Elixirs) and can still only slot 5/6 abilities.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I get this also. I had one 13 + 1 blood elixir and could only add 6 skills (the last empty place was there on the K enquiry but couldn't be used). Added 1 more real point so I had 15 total (14 + 1 boost) and could then add 7 skills. It seems the memory points from blood elixir are ignored.

enthusiast
enthusiast
How long does the buff last, or is it permanent?

error3 Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kelsier
How long does the buff last, or is it permanent?

It's permanent.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I experienced this issue pre-patch but wasn't quite sure what was going on so I never reported it.

journeyman
journeyman
The buff from the elixir is not permanent. I have had it disappear after resurrecting characters that had the buff. As long as your character has at least one point of vitality it is there but die and resurrect and it is gone. I have noticed that the memory bug remains sometimes even after the buff disappears.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by rnarchlord
The buff from the elixir is not permanent. I have had it disappear after resurrecting characters that had the buff. As long as your character has at least one point of vitality it is there but die and resurrect and it is gone.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be permanent (it says "permanent" in the description), but I, too, have seen it disappear from a character. I wasn't really paying attention to when, but there was probably a death involved.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
just adding to the OP to confirm this bug is still there. you cannot use the extra slot the bonus from the stat potion provides.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
...actually, it looks like constitution boost is broken as well.

example:

when you first take the potion, it bumps up your constitution... which increases your max hps.. except if you look, your current hps will be under the max hps listed, and healing does not change that. When you save and reload... you max hps will drop back down to where they were before you took the potion, until you open your character sheet page, whereupon it will again show a new max hp that your current hps do not match.

boosts to initiative from wit, accuracy and damage from boosts to strength/finesse seem to stick, but it makes me wonder if that's just superficial. could be that none of the bonuses are actually doing anything in game?

Last edited by Ichthyic; 07/11/16 09:49 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard