Next Thread
Print Thread
#594990 01/11/16 04:15 AM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Sooooo i seem to have fallen theough a floor in the "lost cavern" and have no way of getting out. Without any previous saves, this has rendered the file unplayable... anyone know of any possible way to get out or must i restart again??

Support
Support

You don't have a previous auto or manual save?

Are you playing the original release of Ego Draconis? The Developer's Cut release has cheats enabled that can teleport the character (load the save in the Developer Mode version and hit F11).

Can you move around at all? I once clipped through the ground Rush Attacking uphill, and popped back above ground by running in the downhill direction.
The game can also teleport the character somewhere if it detects that he/she may be stuck. I got teleported a few times when exploring, just trying to jump up onto rocks that were a little too high or get around obstructions that were not meant to be an alternate path. If the character is stuck, try running and jumping repeatedly.

If you are playing Dragon Knight Saga you can email your save to support@larian.com, but there is no developer mode version of Ego Draconis, so those saves can not be edited. I have never tried any trainers for the game, so don't know if any can teleport the character.

Raze #595000 01/11/16 11:58 AM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
I'm playing the xbox version of the dragon knight saga, with both games in it. I'll try just running around or a couple other controls. The reason i dont have any other saves is because i got in the habit of saving over previous saves while i played skyrim...

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
I just chose ro restart again as i saw no way out of it, thanks for trying though

Support
Support

Since there are a limited number of save slots in the Xbox version, I would selectively delete older saves (leaving ones at key points, like levelling up or before entering certain areas, and delete ones just made periodically while exploring or clearing opponents), or newer ones if there were a couple saves relatively close together, so I could make new saves each time. I backed up the saves to a USB flash drive a couple times, as well, when there were no good candidates for deletion.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'll just throw in my tuppence worth and agree that cycling between saves is a really good idea: I'm guessing pretty much every serious gamer ends up in this predicament and yeah, guilty as charged, I also found out the hard way. Several times. biggrin

At least it isn't like the Fable series which actively seeks to prevent a save history. Which I've worked around on the PC version by backing up, but it is quite annoying.

Sorry to hear you never found your way out of that predicament though. There's a certain irony in Skyrim being basically the same engine but having the noclip option (at least on the PC) to get out of that occasionally inevitable situation (or, y'know, just fast travelling), though even the PC version of ED didn't have that option.

Incidentally, I discovered that backflips have a significantly increased jump height for those who want to find interesting approaches to breaking their game. Not that I ever tried it myself. biggrin

J'aime le fromage.
Support
Support

Fable 2 came with my Xbox 360; I still haven't gotten around to playing it, after my initial hour long(?) session. I got a choice between 2 skills, or something like that; I picked the one I didn't want, just to check it out, figuring as long as I didn't trigger the next save point I could reload and take the one I wanted. The next save was triggered by walking 4 feet away to try the skill.

On PC I don't think I ever ended a playthrough for lack of saves, just lost hours having to revert or dying without a recent save. I ran into a problem with the game Gorasul where I literally could not proceed due to lack of gold (and didn't have the gold to repair any weapons to be able to get gold). Starting over and saving before moving on the main map (random encounters could be a cakewalk or force you to burn through expensive potions to survive, depending on the random starting positions) and in a particular quest choosing gold as the reward allowed me to complete the game. It is a relatively short game, though; even loosing an entire day of playing, I still finished it on a long weekend.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I liked Fable 2 a lot, the series had a lot of charm and it's one of the few instances of having a dog as a companion that actually worked well (I'm not normally a fan, and even found Hack's dog to be a bit of a nuisance). I did often feel I was being trolled by its approach to savegames though!

I've occasionally ragequit (well, nothing quite that dynamic, but "slightly annoyedquit" doesn't have the same impact) in those situations and not picked it up again for some time, after which I may use an entirely different approach or just cheat to make up lost time. I don't think there's a game which I've totally abandoned as a result (unless I really didn't care for it anyway) though the Bethesda ones in particular do invite some tinkering with their command console if something goes awry.

J'aime le fromage.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard