Print Thread
#599484 08/02/17 04:00 PM
V
Vigorr Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Why is it allowed? It's pretty easy to exploit the game using that.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Why not? I can't really think of a reason it's a problem.

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
If you want to save scum it is your own fault. wink

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'm not especially keen on the term save-scumming since it could be applied to any degree of keeping savegames beyond the slightly puritanical approach of games like Fable or "die once and delete". Then again, I'm also not keen on the idea of reloading 'til you get what you want, though I couldn't give a jot what other players do, it's more a case of random outcomes that often suck and repeated reloads are the only recourse. Speaking as someone with a weirdly innate ability to roll ones constantly.

But whatever I feel about the method and its terminology, I feel a lot more irksome about busybodying someone else's single-player game strategy...

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
stranger
Hi Vigorr! this ve already been discussed, although i sug it only for tactican and honour mode.
Heres the TH: http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=71220&Number=596036#Post596036

V
Vigorr Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
Well if you can do it, it's pretty hard not to do it! I did it alot in DOS and I hated myself for doing that but I just couldn't help myself ^^

V
Vigorr Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Le Gord
Hi Vigorr! this ve already been discussed, although i sug it only for tactican and honour mode.
Heres the TH: http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=71220&Number=596036#Post596036
Thanks!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Vigorr
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
Well if you can do it, it's pretty hard not to do it! I did it alot in DOS and I hated myself for doing that but I just couldn't help myself ^^

Never found it hard: My friend and I save before a fight, and if the fight goes downhill we start from the beginning to try a different approach.

Sometimes we save in the fight, but only if we want to try something really crazy and have no idea how it will work out.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Vigorr

I dunno, if I don't want to do something, I just don't do it... I generally save before fights, and if I can't get through it after several attempts at banging my head against a wall I flounce off in a sulk and come back much later. Or if that's not feasible, I figure out how to cheat properly. biggrin

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
To the OP;

Saving during combat isn't really useful for much more than re-planning your moves, which of course is a huge thing in and of itself. But it won't, for example, reset your hit chances or anything.

I do think there should be an optional Hardcore mode that prevents saving during combat.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Kelsier
Saving during combat isn't really useful for much more than re-planning your moves, which of course is a huge thing in and of itself. But it won't, for example, reset your hit chances or anything.
As of 3.0.43.292 it does apparently

From the release notes:
Originally Posted by ForkTong
[/list]Bug Fixes[list]
Fixed random seed not being reset when loading a savegame. Happy save scumming!

I don't mind either way. I don't do it much unless the combat is really long. If someone wants to do it though it is no skin off my nose. There are more efficient (cheesier) ways to cheat if you feel like it anyway.

At the moment with bugs that make the game freeze and your characters lose all their skills it is pretty much essential.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard