Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Hello everyone!

Like Swen said on this forum:

"We're taking early access as an opportunity to try out new things, but at the same time we obviously don't want to frustrate our community when it comes to general balancing, which is why we are releasing this hotfix. We want to fix the most pressing issues - specifically the economy, the longevity of certain surfaces and the removal of some control spells from the early enemies."

Don't worry, your savegames are totally compatible!

Balancing and design changes
  • Prices for items have been lowered
  • Some early-level containers now have a higher chance to contain armor
  • Electrified surfaces and ice surfaces disappear after 3 turns
  • Enemies now have a small chance of dropping a gem or other precious item
  • AI does not use Sucker Punch at the early levels of the game anymore
  • Some traders in Fort Joy will now offer more cloth armor

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue with general story progression
  • Fixed a crash introduced in patch 3.0.31.292. Was caught by players using feedback tool. Related to committing a crime.

Enjoy the hotfix. If you thought nothing was wrong anyway, you're probably going to enjoy Tactician mode in the full game smile

D.

Tweeting @forktong
addict
addict
Thx, you all @ Larian rock! wink

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Ooh, hotfixes, crunchy!

Er anyway, yeah, looks like some pretty good stuff in there, especially the better availability of armour.

J'aime le fromage.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
AI 2.0 patch wasn't that bad but its good to see a few bugs cleaned up.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
whilst i realise the savegames are compatible i will be taking the opportunity to roll a new character set..

hmmm... choices.

addict
addict
Finally no more pesky frozen field that randomly trip people.

Edit: Holymoly everything is so dirtcheap now that we went back to Thievery being broken again :v

Last edited by Ellezard; 09/02/17 09:35 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I like the look of things, but do the electrified and ice surfaces VANISH, or just turn into regular water?

Support
Support

They should turn to regular water.

G
addict
addict
G
"AI does not use Sucker Punch at the early levels of the game anymore"
Keep questionable skill but dumb down AI, that is not very good style.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I was hoping you say save games are not compatible because I just finished my second run yesterday laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
Economy feels alot more fair to lawful good parties. I struggled a fair bit to get everything I wanted, but it didn't feel overly punishing. Stealing feels more like a nice boon to parties with thieves rather than a necessity for everyone. I also feel pickpocketing is at the right strength considering you can only do it once per person. I think Bartering could be a tiny bit stronger, but thats just me.

Last edited by Damashi; 10/02/17 01:08 AM.
addict
addict
Hmm dialogue seems to have been reset for quite a few characters? Oh well.

addict
addict
Btw I'm super glad surface effects now evaporate after battle 'cos previously, I'd to clear them up using HammerTime, Rain, etc.

old hand
old hand
Hi ForkTong,

I'm not seeing the patch on the GOG version of the game. When will it be uploaded?

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Support
Support

The hotfix is available through Galaxy (since yesterday). GOG posted the changelog earlier today, so hopefully the patch will be available soon.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
Hi ForkTong,

I'm not seeing the patch on the GOG version of the game. When will it be uploaded?

Hmmm I already downloaded the patch version a few days ago. And yes, this is NOT the 2nd Feb version. I've no idea how to fix this problem though. Maybe reinstall or contact tech support for help?

Proof:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8N0tx4-NJMMcTllRENEOUpsOGs/view?usp=sharing

journeyman
journeyman
I hope Tactician mode is going to have a cutthroat economy like before this hotfix (Or even more cutthroat, I enjoyed not being able to get everything I wanted and having to choose wisely)
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. smile

Last edited by snap; 11/02/17 07:16 AM.
old hand
old hand
Raze,

Still nothing on Gog... are they normally this slow to push the updates out? Or is it just because of the weekend now? I really didn't like having steam for DOS:1 and that is why I chose GOG.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Support
Support

DrunkenTofu;

The latest version (3.0.33.118) is available through Galaxy, but there isn't a separate patch for it yet, to download through the website.

LightningLockey;

GOG doesn't usually release updates on weekends. Normally the patches (and updated full installers) follow within about a day of being available through Galaxy. I don't know what the delay is this time.

addict
addict
Raze: Hopefully the latest version will appear soon on the site. Or else, Lightning will just have to get Galaxy(good but not great app 'cos you can't limit dl speed).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon, Seter 

Link Copied to Clipboard