Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
old hand
old hand
Still no update for GOG users. They do have the patch notes in my library but no download link. Can someone at Larian call them up and "light a fire under them" to get them to do their job?

I'm not at all upset with Larian, but I'm very upset with GOG right now.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 13/02/17 11:07 PM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Support
Support

Did you contact GOG support, as well?

old hand
old hand
Gog still hasn't gotten back to me. I guess they are just another company that doesn't take customer support seriously. The update still isn't posted either.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
addict
addict
Looks like they are trying to push people into using Galaxy, which is annoying.

old hand
old hand
Day 2 and no response, their website said on weekdays I should expect a response in 24 hours and on weekends up to 48 hours. At least now I know not to spend any more of my money on GOG games.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Kinda funny because mine updted the day after they realesed it and I am using gog galaxy

addict
addict
@LightningJockey:

Maybe you could post in the forums for help or email from another address, in case it bounced or had some problems reaching them.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Though I did notice a bug with this hotfix, i am playing multiplayer with my Girlfriend, and sometimes her character wont be able to move or attack or do ANYTHING al all. it just happened o me with the Red Prince. During battle he couldnt do anything, he had no status effects on him, no cursed gear, just normal stuff and all i could do was end turn. then after the battle i moved and he stayed standing tere like bloody statue

tee Offline
journeyman
journeyman
are there any planned update for this month ?

C
stranger
stranger
C
Check the pax east, maybe new update! :D

They always do updates after a major event, so we can surely expect an update a bit after PAX East.

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
hope so, ive stopped playing through it for a while.

kinda need more content to get interested again.

Well the alpha is mostly for testers anyways so that they can see what works, what doesn't and test new mechanics and features, hell most of people in the alpha don't submit stuff anyways as seen by a poll they took awhile ago, but any bit helps.

A play-through or two and most stop playing and its understandable as there really isn't that much to do, especially once you've beaten Act 1 once.

If they go as they usually do their should be a new update maybe around week or so after PAX.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kokoro-Sensei
see what works, what doesn't and test new mechanics and features

All the updates made since the release of the alpha made the game less fun to me than it originally was.

I'm especially sour about the equipment set skills, since instead of doing the only one that was needed(shield recovery), they did one for almost all sets even though they weren't needed, while also revamping the attack AP costs which completely invalidated any cool builds based around using a single weapon/empty off-hand(sucker punch or whatever that's called does not cover for the loss of 1AP attacks).

Well I can agree with you 100% that many of the changes have left a sour taste in some players mouths, but it is also to see what doesn't work not just what does work.

Larian has been very active in listening to us and changing things and trying new things and it's still going to be awhile before release, plenty of time to try new things and change old things. Plus like all things you can't please everyone, just gotta keep submitting our opinions and suggestions.

veteran
veteran
What I miss in this forums is some kind of leading in the discussions. They might be reading everything, but we hardly know what they are thinking. Many of those changes we don't know why they even thought they could be in our thinking if the forum tendency was more in the opposite.

It would also help to know, if they think, something just won't be doable, or at least not doable in a reasonable time frame. We could focus more on productive suggestions.

addict
addict
Well, yeah, they've been really quiet. I would at least like to know what direction the game's going in.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by DrunkenTofu
Well, yeah, they've been really quiet. I would at least like to know what direction the game's going in.
I imagine they have noticed the reduction of posts on the forum.

I don't know if you noticed all the recent screenshots have been from the boat taking us from the island. Apart from the summon/ladybird thing this is obviously not part of alpha (as it ends before then).

Personally I'd like another version to play with as I've already tried every combination I can think of.

We've probably got a new Windows 10 version to install this week so one thing at a time but I agree - time for some feedback - even if only 0.1% of buyers use these forums wink

old hand
old hand
Larian has been like this ever since the start (2002). When they go really quiet it means they are truly focusing their attention on the game. While it sucks for us in the short term (lack of forum discussion), it has always meant big things are being worked on and Larian is going to have some sort of big news post in the future.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 19/03/17 08:22 PM.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon, Seter 

Link Copied to Clipboard