Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
I'd like to get the dragon armor - best I can get for a non-warrior (ie, weak of strength) character but, for whatever reason, the line from Sir Patrick (after Dwarf king told me about a rich merchant in Verdistas having it) doesn't come up. Is this a known glitch or is there something I'm missing? Last time, I had all the pieces in my possession when I visited - this time they're scattered about. Makes a difference?

Support
Support

The bow vendor in the elven village in the Dark Forest sometimes has mithril armour, which has a high armour class and no (or a low) strength requirement.

For Sir Patrick, sometimes he is just stubborn, and going back to talk to the dwarven king and Grisha then back to Sir Patrick (multiple times) will get him to talk about it.
If not, there is a fix in a reply in the topic FIX for broken Imp Council Member quest.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Originally Posted by Raze

The bow vendor in the elven village in the Dark Forest sometimes has mithril armour, which has a high armour class and no (or a low) strength requirement.

--- except that it's heavy devil

Originally Posted by Raze

For Sir Patrick, sometimes he is just stubborn, and going back to talk to the dwarven king and Grisha then back to Sir Patrick (multiple times) will get him to talk about it.
If not, there is a fix in a reply in the topic FIX for broken Imp Council Member quest.

Ahhh, so it is known. He's probably just holding out so I'll take out a high interest loan to buy it. grin OK, thanks; I'll bug the king and Grisha some more.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
He was more agreeable time x2! I think the problem was that even though the king told me about the rich merchant having it, I must have missed a dialogue option because this time, he gave me the dwarf scroll for the teleporters (I didn't have it in me to tell him I stole one from his brother a long time ago) smile

I have yet to solve the lovers' quest of finding grandma's necklace (and I don't want the spoiler) but I thought I may have had it. So, is there anything special about the "dark elven" necklace? The one with something like, to CB? Could it belong to Cornelius?

Support
Support

The Dark Elf amulet is a reference to a couple characters in a book based in the D&D RPG Forgotten Realms setting (Drizzt Do'urden and his best friend Cattie Brie).

Have you explored the Dwarven Halls and talked to all the dwarves?

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
I happened upon it; clever!

Support
Support

I'd have preferred the option to be honest when completing the quest, though (perhaps merely embellishing the scope of the search and purity of motive).

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Yeah; I cringed a bit. I'd never have done that in real life; you know, ends justifies the means sort of thing. However, name a single RPG where you don't get rewarded for theft. I'd like to see that change but, well, I doubt the games would sell.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Boy, I seem to have a problem with this dragon armor. Similar to what I posted above but this time, after completing the gathering of the magnificent seven (sorry, couldn't help myself), the king doesn't say anything about it. Nor does Grishwald (sp). I'm thinking it may be one of two things that I'm about to try. One, I didn't have the "Heart of the Dragon" on my person and two, I had all the other armor ID'd in Rivertown. I can't fix the ID thing but just picked up the gem to go see the king again. This is likely my last playthrough and ---

I wanted to try the Larian armor thing but, alas, it appears that I need lockpick 4 to get past the dwarf gate (I'd have it if I had found just one piece of lock pick enhancing armor but, none this time (sigh)). Telekinesis 5 didn't work either (I bought or found FIVE books!). Actually, come to think of it, I may have sold the shiny plate armor (or whatever it is called) or never found it anyway.

Support
Support

Identifying the armour doesn't matter. To get the king to give you the helm, you need to bring him the breastplate after it has been forged with the Dragonheart gem by Grisha (after which you can buy back the original and the gem). You may need to throw the upgraded armour into the throne room, or bypass the guards who take your stuff.

The Silver Armour can be found in the Stalker cave, weat and a little south of the Alchemist's house in the Dark Forest.
I think you need level 5 Lockpick for the cell in the Drarven Halls.

There are ways to get into the easter egg area without having the 4 maps, or you could hex teleport to get into the cell, etc.

a way out, if you're Stuck in the Easter Egg Area - the screenshot link is currently broke; I'll have to find the original and upload it somewhere else.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Ah, but the problem is prior to that - I can't get the dragon breastplate at all - the king doesn't tell me about the merchant that has it. I seem to recall the dwarven smith referring me to the king in prior games.

I had to have found the silver armor way back - just sold it I'm sure. Still, there's really only two merchants that could afford to buy it so it might still be around. I'm about to bang the gong so there's little to no chance of picking that lock anyway. Might just do a cheat to get in there from an old save after the games are done but I already started a BD game to go along with my current two DD ones so it may fall through the cracks. Sounded like a fun Easter egg hunt smile

Support
Support

Talk to the king about the letter from his brother and the axe, when you retrieve them from the mine. If you bring him the axe first, for example, you may need to throw the letter into the room before entering (so the guards don't take it) and pick it up again once inside.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
That's likely it. I forgot to snag the letter initially and the king suggested I find evidence. Guards likely took it. Just curious - has anyone tried throwing a pyramid past the guards and getting in fully dressed? No reason to but I'd think it would work (or cause all the guards to attack).

Last edited by caninelegion; 10/07/17 12:53 AM.
Support
Support

Yes, you can throw a teleporter pyramid past the guards at the entrance to bypass them, or use the mage's swap places special skill on a guard in the throne room.
The guards on the inside do not care if you have equipment or inventory (they are government employees, and that isn't their department).

You can also kill the 2 guards at the throne room entrance to bypass them taking your stuff. Use an area effect spell that doesn't need a target (Poison Cloud), cast near but not directly on them, to kill them without turning them hostile or causing a drop in reputation.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard