Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Yeah it looks a little silly with the improvised weapons from a ship wreck version but it's a 100% doable and has an awesome feel, it's like you managed to import an Xcom character with a pistol and shield into D:OS2 and are wrecking havoc with the new spells you learn at every possible moment.

I've yet to test how wand and shield interact with Oportunist talent but for when the game launches I will try and build a tank with wand and shield.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by lx07
Originally Posted by Draco359
wand and shield equiped
No, no, no, you can't have wand and shield - it would look silly - it would be like dagger and shield. Shields go with swords or axes.

Inquisitors should use a staff and touch spells only. Well in my vision of them anyway - perhaps I have no imagination.

I mean, consider the following ; if it works, it's not silly. And trust me, boy does it work.

Also, dagger and shield does make sense, you're more focused on defense than offense and when you do attack you're likely trying to penetrate heavy armor (In real life, daggers and piercing weapons were the bane of heavily armored folk) or trying to focus on attacking vitals.

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
I won't touch the toppic of real life combat as this is a video game and I don't care how much the devs of any video game depart from real combat physics to make a game fun.

But related to in game mechanics dagger+shield looks very good on papper but requires a little more resources than it would for a regular tank but for a pvp setting, the amount of tricks you can put on a dagger+shield user are very hard to gauge and could be seen as a game changer,if used right.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard