Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#604533 31/05/17 10:58 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Jokes aside, for most of my game (it started very shortly after recruiting them, cannot pinpoint the exact moment because it took me a while to notice it) Ifan, Sebille and Red Prince had a permanent wet status (playing for Lohse as main character, she was the only one who didn't get this problem. Couldn't get rid of it. If they started burning or something, the status got removed - and as soon as the other status stopped, they became wet again.

I've got many cheeses. Wanna be friends?
M
stranger
stranger
M
Same problem here.
I noticed they wet perma wet on the beach near Stingtail.

Support
Support

A few people have reported this problem with companions.

A
stranger
stranger
A
having the same problem

is there a way to get rid of it?

or do i have to choose between starting a new game or playing the rest with permanent wet status on my companions?

Support
Support

There aren't any fixes, that I know of.

One person who ran into this issue loaded a save in the tutorial, and found that after going back below deck to help the others, if the character followed them to the lifeboat there wouldn't be a problem, but if trying to help Magister Siwan, the wet status wasn't removed completely, and would be permanent in Fort Joy (the first time the companions get the wet status from environmental water).

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
That makes sense, I chose to help Siwan... Punished for my good deed, then! laugh
I finished the game with the wet status, it's not a gamebreaker, but it can be annoying at times.

I've got many cheeses. Wanna be friends?
A
stranger
stranger
A
same for me the only run where i have the perma wet problem on my companions was thje run i chose to help siwan

btw when u help her out and the ship collapses when ur still with her u loose the xp for bringing the others to the lifeboat right?

so if i dont want to be permanent wet i should kill her from now on xD

edit: im wondering if u choose to save her will u meet her again somewhere or does she die even if u decide to help her?

Last edited by Arruzaki; 04/06/17 04:36 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
It's possible to fix this but I'm not comfortable giving this fix without larians permission as it involves editing save files using tools that wouldn't ordinarily be available at this stage of development.

For some reason, probably something silly like a quick save milliseconds before the wet buf expires, it writes another instance of the debuf into the save file. After this point it remains a persistent effect and needs to have lines deleted from the save.

I've manually salvaged a couple of save files for friends.

Last edited by RKane; 18/06/17 11:08 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Raze

There aren't any fixes, that I know of.

There are. Give me permission and I'll write a tutorial. (The tutorial would contain an explanation of how to extract pak / save / all ls* files and modify them which is usually something devs don't want us to do at this stage of development)

I'd also need a save file that has this bug as I don't have one to hand

Last edited by RKane; 18/06/17 11:13 AM.
Support
Support

Go ahead (though you didn't actually need permission). It should be noted that there wouldn't be official support for any issues caused by editing the save, but guides and save editors have been posted in the forum for the majority of the earlier Divinity games.

I can PM you a link with a couple saves.

A
addict
addict
A
Isn't it just a similar status influence issue as in D:OS 1 which could be removed with a script (which is much easier and safer than save file editing)? I haven't installed the game yet, so I don't have the scripts available at the moment to provide a 'Status Influence Removal' for D:OS 2.

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
journeyman
journeyman
Okay so this tutorial is going to be complex. If a developer wants to turn this into a script he can.

As with any procedure that modifies files make sure you have a backup.

First you'll need the pak extractor by Norbyte:
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=572322&page=7

Download it, extract it, run it.

Your saves are always stored here:
Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2/PlayerProfiles/[YOUR ALIAS]/Savegames/[BUGGED SAVE FOLDER]/[BUGGED SAVE].lsv

It's this .lsv file we need to modify

From here, follow the instructions by the letter.

1:
Using Norbytes converter app, select the PAK /LSV Tools tab. You will see 2 fields. Package path and Destination. Use the ... button to the right of each to navigate to the relevant locations.

It will look something like this:
[Linked Image]

Click Extract Package

2:
Navigate to your [BUGGED SAVE] folder and delete the BUGGED SAVE.lsv and the .png - we no longer need them.

3:
Navigate to the converter app again and select LSX/LSB/LSF/LSJ Tools tab. Again we see an input and an output field.
You want to convert the globals.lsf into globals.lsx

It will look like this:
[Linked Image]

Click convert. There will now be a global.lsx sitting in your BUGGED SAVE folder. Navigate to it. Open it with a text editor. You will see that it is now an xml file.

It should look something like this:
[Linked Image]

4:
Now do a replace search for the following (CTRL+H = Replace Search)

Code
						<node id="Permanent">

Make sure you copy paste that entire codeblock. The spacing is important.

You should see a line that looks like this:
[Linked Image]

Replace all instances of:
Code
						<node id="Permanent">
							<attribute id="ID" value="WET" type="22" />

With:

Code
						<node id="Temporary">
							<attribute id="ID" value="WET" type="22" />

and save the globals.lsx file.

5:
Navigate back to the converter app. We now need to convert the globals.lsx back into globals.lsf. Simply swap the input and output around. It should look like this:

[Linked Image]

Click convert.

6:
Navigate back to your BUGGED SAVE folder and delete globals.lsx - we don't need it now.

7: Navigate back to the converter app and select the PAK/LSV Tools tab again. If you have done everything as instructed you only need to click create package and the process is complete.

8:
Load your save. Any bugged permanent stats will be removed. Save your game once more and reload.

Hope this helps. Thanks for the save file Raze

Last edited by RKane; 18/06/17 02:37 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Raze

Go ahead (though you didn't actually need permission).

I'm new here and I don't want to be giving tutorials that allow people to tear up the game just yet. Spoilers before a games release is never good for anyone

M
stranger
stranger
M
One of my companions is constantly Wet, but I thought maybe it was on purpose. Based on what I'm reading here, it is a bug.

journeyman
journeyman
I bet it's Lohse... Once her inner demon comes out she gets really horney har, har har har.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Sebbille for me. always wet. thanx a ton for this

so there will be a Save Tampered With warning every time we load after messing with this?

Last edited by AssFat; 22/06/17 09:37 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard