Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
I found this: Posted June 13, 2014: Beyond Divinity : locked dungeons on the 1st battlefield (GOG.com) but the answer Raze gave didn't seem to correspond to what I thought the question was although the poster was satisfied.

OK, I found three dungeons (level 1 BF, action) on the first BF. I understand that they are randomly generated but there has to be some similarities. I cleared the first surface area and the first dungeon - in my case, two bosses in separate rooms. Cleared the second surface area but the dungeon was locked. Ditto third surface area. I assume there are keys or something similar that will unlock these dungeons. I really hope I don't have to move every rock to see if it is there. Is there some constant involved that will allow a hint? Am I even on the correct track?

Last edited by caninelegion; 11/07/17 09:23 AM.
Support
Support

There are different level BF keys in the main section of the game, which will open up to that level dungeon in the BF.

There are 2 level 1 BF keys in the first act, one semi-hidden on the first level and the other impossible to miss later on. The level 2 BF key can be found shortly after reaching the citadel (the building, rather than dungeons and caves), and the level 3 BF key very near the end of the act.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
OK; I'm guessing (now) that the level 2 BF corresponds to this original BF but the second dungeon? I was thinking the level 2 BF was a completely different map. Now the 2014 answer makes sense to me!

Support
Support

Correct. The level of a BF key is the number of dungeons it will open (any up to that number that are not already open), and any BF key will give access to that act's BF.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
I see; which means I have a place to store things that may be useful in the future until I change "acts" (I guess I'll figure out what that is when it happens so I can decide what to do with the stashed loot - I'm guessing it's similar to the "chapters" in the first two Gothic games). An interesting concept but, as is, is breaks immersion. Would have worked better if there was a conversation about this key "sends us to a random, alternate dimension where we can hide from Samuel while we regain our strength and hone our skills". Well, way too late now for constructive criticism.

Support
Support

At the end of each act there is a cutscene and then transition to a new area. Usually it is pretty clear what the main plot quests are, so exploring and doing side quests first, you should have a pretty good idea when you are getting close to one.
If not, periodic named save would let you revert if you need to get anything from the BF or finish anything off.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
This is kind of a follow-on so, no new thread. After the BG, up the stairs is a puzzle. The problem was the invisible gargoyle. I did notice that the steps cleared but the treasure room rock was still there. So, I'm wondering, is failure here just not being able to get below (as per the hint)? Is there a way past the invisible gargoyle (it blocked my path to the now apparently usable stairs - I suppose I could have ran further into the switch room then past it) or a way to fight it?

I believe I've figured out the puzzle as the switches are at different heights and I'm about to try it. I suppose the invisible gargoyle will still be there as per the "holy book" so there really has to be a way to either defeat it or get past it. I think too tight for sneak.

EDIT: OK, no gargoyles at all, but the stairs up are still blocked. Probably a lever below, but the original question still is valid as it appears if one can get by the invisible gargoyle, the steps up can be used while forfeiting whatever is in the room below.

Last edited by caninelegion; 13/07/17 07:44 AM.
Support
Support

If you solve the lever puzzle, the rock blocking access to the room below moves, giving access to loot and a switch to get rid of the earth elemental statue blocking the stairs. If you use levers in the wrong order, the room below remains sealed, and you will have to fight a stone gargoyle for each lever out of order, as well as the earth elemental. They shouldn't be invisible, and once you've used all the levers and defeated the opponents, the stairs shouldn't be blocked.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Interesting. I have solved it and moved on but in the first attempt, I fought a stone gargoyle at each lever until the very last one and that one (and possibly the earth elemental) were invisible so I couldn't target it. I thought that was normal since the holy tome said one would be unseen (or something like that).

Support
Support

IIRC one of the gargoyles was invisible when right at one of the doorways when I tested how much experience could be gotten doing the puzzle wrong, but not permanently (I'd have to double check that in an old save).

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard