I’m playing Beyond Divinity now, and am totally confused regarding a game lore. Could you please clarify a few things for me?
1. Does a baby that Lucien saves at the end of Divine Divinity has its own soul? Is the soul of Lord of Chaos just “sleeps” in this body and awakens only when Damian sees Ygerna’s execution?..
2. Is Damian a physical manifestation of Lord of Chaos itself? In “Child of Chaos” novella he is called just Damned One. Is this title corresponds to Lord of Chaos as a god, or to Damian as his avatar?.. So, who is Damian: a living embodiment of Lord of Chaos, or a human with his own will and motives, but with Lord of Chaos’ powers?
3. What is a correct name of the world – Nemisis or Nemesis? There is Nemisis in Child of Chaos, and Nemesis in later sources.
4. At the end of “Child of Chaos” novella Damian allows demons to sweep through Nemesis, but what are his relationship with archdemons? Does he ally with them or tricks and uses them?.. I ask because I don’t wholly understand: in Act 1 different NPC tell about “Child of Chaos’ Army of Chaos” and then “Samuel’s Army of Chaos”. So, who is gathering an army – Damian or Samuel?..
5. And there are portraits of the Damned One in Samuel’s Citadel. What that fact means? Again a question of relationship Damian builds with demons, I think)