Print Thread
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Seems I could do better then fighting in my underware smile

Act 4.

Last edited by caninelegion; 30/07/17 08:56 AM.
Support
Support

The first BF key is available in the Endurance test room on the first level, and the merchants there regenerate equipment each time you enter.

I don't recall any particular problem with defence in act 4... Are the characters getting debuffed, and not meeting their armour requirements?

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Yes; I believe it's acid rain (green spouts and cloud). My hero loses all - fighting in her undies with fists smile - DK loses his ax, can't use his crossbow, but does manage to pull out his shield while punching away. It's too late for this game, I think, but I'd like to better prepared next. So far, I've been trying to move slow because a single arrow (hero set on aggressive) takes out the mages often before they can cast or, if too late, call up every doll I have.

Support
Support

Do you keep your last set of equipment when upgrading pieces? (ie as a backup in case something breaks that you can not immediately repair, or a bonus doesn't work as well as expected, etc)
Older equipment would tend to have lower requirements, so could be a good backup between when you start running into that debuff and when you level up enough that the debuff doesn't remove equipment.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
No; I sell it as soon as possible. My thinking was, "I'm always finding things that are way weaker that I can't use" but, alas, that has dried up in act IV. In a way, this just makes things more interesting. I've been forced to try new tactics. Sending my demon doll into a room to see what's there; as soon as a mage appears, running my DK directly at the mage and my hero archer away (if the DK is targeted as per usual, she can take the mage out quickly); instead of ending the game with a hundred plus healing and restore potions, I am now using them since, as soon as my characters return to full strength, they lose 3/4 health, mana, and stamina; the battlefield battles are now a challenge; and finally, it made me think a bit about how things could be (basically brainstorming).

EDIT: Oh yeah, one unrelated thing. I've noticed that I no longer have my teleporting pyramids. Do they go away (there's some indication when you get them that they might just do that) or did I just lose them? I don't need a cheat to get them again if I lost them - I consider it part of the game - but, it'd be nice to know.

Last edited by caninelegion; 01/08/17 09:28 AM.
Support
Support

In BD I didn't hang on to old equipment as much as I did in DD (not having a relatively permanent home base), but wasn't quick about selling it, either.

The other reason I didn't have as much of a problem with this debuff is that I didn't clear the battlefield dungeons, only visiting for the merchants. I don't recall if I cleared more of the surface than necessary to find the one merchant that is off on his own.

The teleporter pyramids are removed when you enter act 4. Zixzax does say he will be back to get them, though there is no cutscene or dialogue to say that that was what happened.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
I was afraid to skip the BFs - in DD I tried that with the wastelands and wasn't strong enough for the end battles. Most of the time, I have left over equipment simply because the merchants don't have much gold. I do have a stockpile though that I didn't think of - my poor heavily overloaded level 1 skeleton.

Support
Support

BF merchants restock each time you enter the BF, but can hang on to things you sell them. During each act, I would sell stuff to the potion dealer there periodically, so as not to clutter up the inventory of the ones that may have useful equipment, etc (or holy water, though that is very rare; if one has one, they all will). At the end of the act I would sell remaining loot to everyone by entering and leaving the BF a few times in a row.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard