stranger
G
Nowhere is told what is the Source
So what is it?

gnus2 #600908 11/03/17 06:47 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Good question, and I'm not entirely sure. Unfortunately, everyone is away at PAX which leaves me to make up some outrageous lie involving cheese. So, er, it's the secret ingredient that gives Gorgombert its famous pungency. Possibly.

J'aime le fromage.
G
gnus2 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Originally Posted by vometia
Good question, and I'm not entirely sure. Unfortunately, everyone is away at PAX which leaves me to make up some outrageous lie involving cheese. So, er, it's the secret ingredient that gives Gorgombert its famous pungency. Possibly.
Unfortunately I do not speak English very well. If I understood correctly, I wait until intelligent and not so pungency people come back from PAX?

gnus2 #600911 11/03/17 07:19 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Yes. And don't take any notice of people like me. biggrin

J'aime le fromage.
G
gnus2 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Yes. And don't take any notice of people like me. biggrin

so why you try answer? smile

gnus2 #600915 11/03/17 08:41 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
The quick answer is, I don't know. I could attempt to speculate, but that would not be especially useful to you. It would be best to wait for Raze to return: if there's anything Raze doesn't know about the Divinity universe, it's probably not worth knowing.

A very simplistic (and potentially inaccurate) answer is that it's a powerful form of magic that permeates Rivellon. Its practitioners have been variously celebrated and condemned depending on the politics of the day.

J'aime le fromage.
G
gnus2 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
The quick answer is, I don't know. I could attempt to speculate, but that would not be especially useful to you. It would be best to wait for Raze to return: if there's anything Raze doesn't know about the Divinity universe, it's probably not worth knowing.

A very simplistic (and potentially inaccurate) answer is that it's a powerful form of magic that permeates Rivellon. Its practitioners have been variously celebrated and condemned depending on the politics of the day.

I saw many references to the source
but some this Object
some mystical energy
and no where no direct answer
even collecting information does not know anything
no books no NPC dont answer
its strange
I think even the developers do not yet know what it is
But for me the history of the world without this knowledge is incomplete
In the second part of diviniti origin we a Source mages but no in first part no in second dont tall what meen "magic of the source"

Last edited by gnus2; 11/03/17 10:44 PM.
gnus2 #600920 12/03/17 02:48 AM
Support
Support

Source is a type of magic, the nature of which was up for debate in Divine Divinity (some thinking it was a lesser form of deity, most an extra-dimensional energy field). It was originally discovered and used for healing, but something corrupted it, causing it to possibly corrupt those using it. Source magic was forbidden during D:OS and outlawed during D:OS 2, as well, though in response to the voidwoken (just before D:OS 2, source users had fought along side the Divine Order against the Black Ring).

gnus2 #603860 21/05/17 06:08 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
The Source was even there in the concept of Divinity 1 - in a part that got cut from the game. It actually was even looking like some sort of well hidden beneath the town of ... well, the Healer's town. It could be seen via screenshots made by someone of us who tried to get to see *everything* cut within Divinity 1 ... and he kind of managed to do it ...

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
gnus2 #607676 18/08/17 08:43 AM
veteran
veteran
Isn't Source the weave of the Universe?

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard