Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
enthusiast
hm as a sidequest-aholic i have a hard time not being overlevelled in alot of the fights and having the xp reduced for underlevelled enemies will make me find a workaround XD. Easiest way to exploit it would be to do the highest xp fights for that level before you cross the threshold of overlevelled. I usually just rely on game difficulty to drag me through the mud rather than go through the mud by myself though admittedly i've never finished DOS: EE tactician because of all the randomness and chance in that game but since thats gone im looking forward to 2's tactician mode.

Rogues are the best
The effects of that mentality are extremely minimal, (a fairly minimal experience advantage that will last only until the next level) especially if each zone is created with the same approach. Not to say it doesn't have problems per say, but I don't think that is a serious consideration.

Chaotic neutral, not chaotic stupid.
D
stranger
stranger
D
I don´t know if someone pointed it out but, when you recruit Ifan, if you you don´t follow the automatic class and change him into another class ( I tested with ranger) he automaticly gains a pet talk talent, Maybe it´s not correct, cause he comes with 4 talents, is this right? the normal should be 2 racial more 1 start level talent. ^^ Just here to help ^^

M
stranger
stranger
M
looking forward to release! great work!

enthusiast
enthusiast
So Sept 14 is the big day...! Looking forward to it! Nice to finally see a release date.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
enthusiast
enthusiast
Just gotta say, before even starting to play this new version (last I played was a few months ago) - character screen looks magnificent! The added hairstyles, faces, etc. look amazing.

It's funny that there isn't a scripted sequence for if you decide to murder the first magister you encounter in the tutorial. They all just attack you xD

Last edited by Kelsier; 07/08/17 03:00 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
I just bought the game this week after finally finishing DOSEE... in my defense I never finished DOS because at the time I was playing it, I was having major surgery, and it kind of had bad memories associated with that period in my life.

But now I am doing better, so I gave DOSEE another try and just lost all track of time. It was so much fun, and I was in the process of restarting that when I finally gave in and bought the EA for DOS2 on Steam.

Lo and behold I was flabbergasted to find I could play... for some reason I thought EA was starting on the 15th of September, and not the full release... I know I know, if only I had kickstarted it.

Man I wish... all I can say is even at the full price, which I gladly paid after seeing Game Master Mode, that THIS game exceeds all my expectations, and I just finished Act 1 tonight and loved every hair raising minute of it.

Having less talents to get made this much more of a challenge, and I pushed my party to level 9! I played a dual wielding rogue, until I got that first amazing shield, and then I was basically a single weapon fighter the rest of the way.

I kept Ifan as a ranger/rogue, Sembille as a Summoner, and the Red Prince as my 2 Handed Wpn Tank... all warfare, all STR, all day!!! Did I steal all the large paintings I could carry? You bet your sweet bippy I did! He was so unbeatable! Anyway, I can't wait to play perhaps 1 more patch before launch, and come launch day, I am going to be on strict DO NOT DISTURB, except for dinner and sleep.

You guys built a fantastic game, yes it's better than DOSEE, and yes your few videos for Game Master Mode have me chomping at the bit. I bought Legends of the Sword Coast hoping to make dungeons in their engine, only to find that it was just not intuitive, or fun. A complete waste of time and money...

I hope you make an Enhanced Edition of this some day with full voice acting... that will be a thrill to own, play again, and give to my friends as gifts. Thank you for all the hardwork, can't wait till September!

Last edited by Moredhil; 08/08/17 08:08 AM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
Release date on 14th of september in which time zone? I am wondering if I should take a day off, or if it will become available in the evening (GMT/UTC +2 here).

Thanks!

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Never thought of that; I guess Valve's habitually tardy time explains why its release date is rather unusually a Thursday, so that it's actually ready in time for the Friday...

J'aime le fromage.
journeyman
journeyman
I actually would like to know this too :p Not that I am planning to take a day off, but am wondering whether here in NZ I'll be able to play next Thursday evening or if I'll have to wait until Friday since we're almost a day ahead of Larian HQ.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon, Seter 

Link Copied to Clipboard