Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#611051 15/09/17 02:25 AM
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I've played the Early Access version a while ago, ran around the beach for about 30 minutes and everything played well. Afterward, I stopped and waited for the full release.

Now that the full game is released, I can see frequent stuttering. It happens in the main menu and inside the game. I can see it happen as the game stutter, but also as my frame rate seems to dip a little. For example it'll go from 115 to 105, or at higher settings from 50 to 35. I'll be standing idle in a spot and see my framerate go from being stable to dropping by 10.

I've tried reinstalling the redist coming with the game, tried changing my settings, tried much older drivers (both the most recent AMD drivers and drivers 1 year older). Despite what I do, this issue seems to remain.

My specs are:
i5 4690k
R9 390
16gb DDR3
Game installed on SSD
Windows 10 Pro + second installation Windows 10 Enterprise (issue happens with both)

I'd like to know if anyone has tips on what to try. I can offer more information if needed.

H
stranger
stranger
H
I'm having stuttering issues with the release version despite the alpha running smoothly at the same graphics settings.

The stutters look like frame skips every couple of seconds and is especially apparent when scrolling the screen.

i7 6700
8GB RAM
GTX 980Ti 6GB
SSD
Windows 10 Home Creator's Update

Last edited by HyprJ; 15/09/17 09:06 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Registered just to post in this thread.

I also experience frequent stutters, doesn't really matter what's on screen, just moving around in less populated areas with no massive explosions going on or similar.

FPS fluctuates between say, 75 - 85. Even character creation stutters when just rotating the character model.

GTX 1070, 4670k @ 4,2 Ghz, 2560*1440, 16 GB RAM, SSD, Windows 10 64-bit.

Tried lowering the graphics setting from ultra to high, no difference. Also rolled drivers back from 385,28 to 382,33, no difference.

Like the above posters I might add that during EA I never experienced any stutters.

Last edited by Arkaine; 15/09/17 03:41 PM. Reason: Added OS info.
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Arkaine
Even character creation stutters when just rotating the character model.

Yeah, that's exactly the same for me. It's actually one of the ways I tested the stutter to see if my attempts to fixed it worked (haven't so far).

I also opened the menus, on the first menu screen, and simply moved the pages up and down. Sometime the game would stutter and I'd see it as I'd scroll up and down.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Registered as well just to find a possible solution.

Having played a fair amount of the EA in perfect condition I can't figure out why I also get this severe stuttering. It happens while scrolling and moving around the map (Click to move etc) not as often while standing still. If explosions are going off the frames are still fine.

I've also tried every combination of settings from low to Ultra and I can not pin point the problem for the life of me. While typing this out I had the thought that it might be a bad mixing of not deleting the EA build while updating to the release version. I don't have fast internet and can not take the time to re-download it all just to test.

GTX 1070, i7-4790k @4.0gGHz, 1920x1080, 16GB RAM, SSD Windows 8.1

Last edited by Dehzarious; 15/09/17 04:27 PM.
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I think that the latest patch might have improved the sitation for me. Game owned on Steam, version 3.0.141.999 as seen on the main menu.

First time I launched it and played for a while, it actually seemed stable. Closed the game, left for a while, came back, still seems smooth. Maybe it's only temporary, but it's not skipping the way it did before. I do hope it's not temporary.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hey.
So i had same problem, ACT I was running fine. But after getting into ACT II, game start to shutter. Loading take a hell of a time, and overall spikes nearly torn my nerves. I Tried to start a ACT I and it was running fine again... EA works fine before too. And i get idea to check a game folder... and yeap, there was some files from EA (Atleast date that they were changed or created was old). I tried to delete them, and then repair a game through a steam (I tried to repair it before too, but it dont help). So, i'm 30 mins in act II and it seems fine :) So maybe complete uninstall (Check steam game folder for any leftover data just in case) could help :)

S
stranger
stranger
S
And here we go again! So, friend of mine had same problem. That first solution i posted above didn't work. So i try to dig more. And i found that Divinity have pretty big saves files. Atleast for him, at end he had 600Mb/349Mb in steam storage. I believe that cause nonstop rewriting, and then slows a game and cause a shuttering. After unclicking steam cloud save, and then deleting them in My Documents (In Larian studios/Divinity Original Sin 2/PlayerProfiles/>name</savegames), just keeping last one's do a trick. Game for him run like charm now. So i believe that with steam cloud on, you have to limit yourself just with per savegames at a time.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Sir Nero
Hey.
So i had same problem, ACT I was running fine. But after getting into ACT II, game start to shutter. Loading take a hell of a time, and overall spikes nearly torn my nerves. I Tried to start a ACT I and it was running fine again... EA works fine before too. And i get idea to check a game folder... and yeap, there was some files from EA (Atleast date that they were changed or created was old). I tried to delete them, and then repair a game through a steam (I tried to repair it before too, but it dont help). So, i'm 30 mins in act II and it seems fine smile So maybe complete uninstall (Check steam game folder for any leftover data just in case) could help smile

Out of curiosity how do you identify which files are from the EA and the release version? I might try deleting them as well.

Originally Posted by Thanakil
I wouldn't bet my life on it, but I think that the latest patch might have improved the sitation for me. Game owned on Steam, version 3.0.141.999 as seen on the main menu.

First time I launched it and played for a while, it actually seemed stable. Closed the game, left for a while, came back, still seems smooth. Maybe it's only temporary, but it's not skipping the way it did before. I do hope it's not temporary.

Yes, maybe something happened. Playing last night and this morning my frame stutters seems to have gone away. I don't know whether it was the patch that was released or me rolling back my drivers to 382,33. My game looks/feels smooth now.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Originally Posted by Arkaine
Originally Posted by Sir Nero
Hey.
So i had same problem, ACT I was running fine. But after getting into ACT II, game start to shutter. Loading take a hell of a time, and overall spikes nearly torn my nerves. I Tried to start a ACT I and it was running fine again... EA works fine before too. And i get idea to check a game folder... and yeap, there was some files from EA (Atleast date that they were changed or created was old). I tried to delete them, and then repair a game through a steam (I tried to repair it before too, but it dont help). So, i'm 30 mins in act II and it seems fine smile So maybe complete uninstall (Check steam game folder for any leftover data just in case) could help smile

Out of curiosity how do you identify which files are from the EA and the release version? I might try deleting them as well.

Originally Posted by Thanakil

Yes, maybe something happened. Playing last night and this morning my frame stutters seems to have gone away. I don't know whether it was the patch that was released or me rolling back my drivers to 382,33. My game looks/feels smooth now.

I'm having the opposite problem. My first time running the game it stuttered, the second time it was pretty smooth. Now after the patch it's stuttering again. My guess is that the stutter is inconsistent and whether it happens or not is determined when you run the game. Super annoying.

It sounds like a minor thing but stuttering is one of my most hated things and I've quit playing games in the past due to it.

Last edited by HyprJ; 16/09/17 10:56 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
@Arkaine, by date of last change, I just browsed all folders inside game folder and in my documents and I deleted everyrhing older then date of release. But I still think that its problem with save games. I tried to save alot in short time just to try if it make a game Laggy again and when I reach around 100 files, it start again. After I uncheck steam cloud save and then manualy delete some save files, it work again. For me it seems like that is problem.

@HyprJ, sadly I had such big problems and delays that game was unplayable for me. Like I had old PC some times ago and all games that I wanted to play was good, but I had to play them with lowest resolution, or Laggy or tons of other problem but I endure it and enjoy it anyway somehow but this problem was game breaking for me. :)

Last edited by Sir Nero; 16/09/17 12:12 PM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
Been having the same issue. I've tried the above but the stutters still persist. During early access I had zero performance issues playing last week, but I have noticed that the full release has some updated graphics(fire, and other magical effects, as well as overall lighting seems to be improved) so I wonder if it is a problem with some optimization. It seems to stutter the most when in populated areas.

HyprJ #613810 17/09/17 08:08 PM
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Originally Posted by HyprJ
My guess is that the stutter is inconsistent and whether it happens or not is determined when you run the game. Super annoying.

I believe you're right. The stutters came back, so it seems they just come and go, and it was a coincidence that they didn't happen on the first 2 times I launched the game after the patch. Since then I've definitely seen them come back.

H
stranger
stranger
H
I seem to have fixed it, I set the priority in the task manager to above normal and all my stutters have disappeared! Let me know if it works for anyone else.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I'm still having severe stuttering. I haven't gone through to delete all old files, but I've made the program above normal priority and it only improves it very slightly. I've tried reaching out to Larian, but have been completely ignored.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I've tried changing the priority, and also played around with CPU affinity, but haven't seen improvements. The new patch didn't help either.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Confirming new patch didn't help. Is everyone experiencing the same kind of stutter as me? It's not a drop in frame rate, but rather looks like the game skips a frame every couple of seconds and more often happens when in crowded areas so I assume it's to do with loading. This didn't happen in the alpha version.

F
stranger
stranger
F
I got the same issue.

Not a FPS issue but rather frame skipping from time to time. Very frustrating.
It is best seen while rotating the camera, but happens with screen paning.

I am playing on V-Sync On - Double Buffering. With V-Sync off it is much worse.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I know this is going to sound crazy, but I have a gigabyte laptop with core I7 and gtx970. I had stuttering and sound crackling thru the boat and island sections of the game. It was unplayable. After trying several things I gave up and set my Nvidia control panel under applications "selecting Divinity OS2 game" I forced the onboard Intel graphics instead of the Nvidia card. I started over on the game and it has been running without any problem. I will try the latest Nvidia driver soon but for now, at least I can play the game as intended.
Lee

Lee
A
stranger
stranger
A
[quote=Arkaine] Registered just to post in this thread.

I also experience frequent stutters, doesn't really matter what's on screen, just moving around in less populated areas with no massive explosions going on or similar.

FPS fluctuates between say, 75 - 85. Even character creation stutters when just rotating the character model.

[/quote]

Same here, but mine stays at 45-60 because of the vsync.

Gtx 1070, 4770k, 16gb, win 10.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard