Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
A
stranger
stranger
A
[quote=NotCYF]For me the issue fixed after escaping Fort Joy, it seems to be area specific. [b]This seems to be an issue with the script engine lagging really badly in Fort Joy[/b][/quote]

Do you mean after leaving the immediate Fort Joy area and going into the swamp area, or leaving the island? Can anyone else confirm this?

M
stranger
stranger
M
I just reinstalled the entire game and i'm still having the same issue as all of you :/

F
stranger
stranger
F
For me, the first time it happened was talking to a random Rat, i saved during the conversation and tried to reload, game crashed, since then the load times have been insane, and the game crashes every time i approach a few spots, like fort joy square for example but there are many more spots like that, rendering the game unplayable, i am about 25+ hours in, have not progressed to second act.

M
stranger
stranger
M
So not only was I having this problem as well. Since leaving the fort the chugging/freezing has stopped but I still crash whenever trying to load a save from in game.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Hey.

Spoilers following:

So started having the crashing issue while loading a save in game playing while in Wrecker's Cave and reloaded a save about 30 mins outside of it. Luckily I had a few saves just before going into the cave. This started however while I was in a fight with 3 voidwooken in a part of the cave off to itself with all the eggs.

So now I'm going to start the cave again to see if this issue happens again. Hopefully it won't but ain't holding my breath.

Voice

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Hey.

Sorry for the double post. But, I have an update on this.

I loaded a save from main menu to about 15 mins from outside the cave just before fighting the the Dwarves. I then made a new save and reloaded that save while still in game and it worked. So I then thought I would try loading a save where I was crashing all the time and after a good amount of time like may be 5 to 6 mins of loading it actually worked. I'm in game using a save the previously crashed on me.

Now I don't know if that was a one of time or something but it actually worked. May be someone can try and see what happens?

Voice

apprentice
apprentice
If it helps,

I was having the same problem as all of you--I restarted, and I'm at the same point I was with my first game, and I haven't had any issues at all.

The only major difference is that I haven't stolen anything up until this point. The last game that was crashing a lot, I could trigger it by stealing from people--I'm not sure if it's this is correlation or coincidence, but so far so good smile

A
stranger
stranger
A
Nope, I tried, didn't work for me. :(

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Originally Posted by adamaj
Nope, I tried, didn't work for me. frown

Hey

Yeah I just tried myself and got a crash. I'm going to leave the cave and try a save and reload back in town. See what happens then.

Voice

apprentice
apprentice
Awesome, thanks for posting! I've restarted as well, but knowing that this bug could happen this time as well I felt pretty discouraged to continue. I will be sure to remember not to steal this time.

I just wish stores didn't charge me outrageous prices...

Also, do you always get the "save successful" window after saving? I didn't see it once or twice after I saved. I immediately started assuming the worst..

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Hey.

I don't think it's got anything to do with stealing. Some people haven't stole anything and still getting the issue.

I thought it was because the area I was in. But that didn't solve it either.

Voice

A
stranger
stranger
A
[quote=VoiceGS] [quote=adamaj]Nope, I tried, didn't work for me. :([/quote]
Hey

Yeah I just tried myself and got a crash. I'm going to leave the cave and try a save and reload back in town. See what happens then.

Voice [/quote]

At this point I'm scared to play until they release a statement or patch. I do have a save from a few hours previous that doesn't crash when loaded within the game, BUT, who's to say it won't start doing it an hour (or 30 hours) down the road? I just don't want to invest time into the game when it could become unplayable at any minute. It's not fun constantly worrying about it, especially with the way I play (I quicksave often, in case a theft goes wrong, etc.). Not to mention I don't want to replay the same area over and over.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Stealing have nothing to do with it. I started a fresh game and got the bug just after waking up in the ship.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Originally Posted by VoiceGS
Nope, I tried, didn't work for me. frown

Hey

Voice

At this point I'm scared to play until they release a statement or patch. I do have a save from a few hours previous that doesn't crash when loaded within the game, BUT, who's to say it won't start doing it an hour (or 30 hours) down the road? I just don't want to invest time into the game when it could become unplayable at any minute. It's not fun constantly worrying about it, especially with the way I play (I quicksave often, in case a theft goes wrong, etc.). Not to mention I don't want to replay the same area over and over.

Hey.

Exactly my thinking as well. I basically do what you said when stealing things. Quick Save then reload if I screw up and I quick save often when exploring and during fights. I've just decided to continue playing my game and when I need to reload I'm gonna try going to main menu first and then load the save and see how that goes.

This is really annoying and I wonder if I had stayed with the release build would I be getting this issue?

I really hope Larian can fix this ASAP. I'm off work till Tuesday and I really want to play this game.

Voice

apprentice
apprentice
I'm guessing that this bug happens because some (unhandled) exceptions are thrown during runtime. If there is a data-stream after it happens, it is pretty unpredictable what the outcome would be.

If someone was to save after an (unhandled) exception happens, the error could be baked into the save file never to be removed again. At this point, the only eventuality for the save file is to be totally corrupted as the baked error could generate others.

Also, I'm not certain, but it seems to me that the game does not release memory after loading a save file if a game session already started (to reduce loading time). This could result in errors spilling into the newly loaded (or started) game.

These are just my thoughts on what could cause this issue, I obviously don't know how Larian coded the engine. Based on what ekidhardt posted and what I saw I could still imagine that stealing could play a role in starting this cascade of errors.

A
stranger
stranger
A
[quote=VoiceGS][quote=adamaj][quote=VoiceGS] [quote=adamaj]Nope, I tried, didn't work for me. :([/quote]
Hey

Voice [/quote]

At this point I'm scared to play until they release a statement or patch. I do have a save from a few hours previous that doesn't crash when loaded within the game, BUT, who's to say it won't start doing it an hour (or 30 hours) down the road? I just don't want to invest time into the game when it could become unplayable at any minute. It's not fun constantly worrying about it, especially with the way I play (I quicksave often, in case a theft goes wrong, etc.). Not to mention I don't want to replay the same area over and over.[/quote]
Hey.

Exactly my thinking as well. I basically do what you said when stealing things. Quick Save then reload if I screw up and I quick save often when exploring and during fights. I've just decided to continue playing my game and when I need to reload I'm gonna try going to main menu first and then load the save and see how that goes.

This is really annoying and I wonder if I had stayed with the release build would I be getting this issue?

I really hope Larian can fix this ASAP. I'm off work till Tuesday and I really want to play this game.

Voice

[/quote]

Yeah, I want to play too, and I could continue by just restarting the game each time, but I'm just worried that since the file is corrupt, at some point it will become unplayable some how. And I just don't want to replay the starter area over and over. : /

D
stranger
stranger
D
I can confirm the corrupted saves weight a lot more than the normal ones, usually around 11mb. I did a test on a previous save, when transitioning from Hall of Echoes to Act 2 the save file gets corrupted, the loading times increase by a lot, the notifications on skills learned, items obtained, quest updates and similar stuff get delayed and crashes occur when reloading other corrupted saves.

O
stranger
stranger
O
Ok I may have a fix or at least a temporary one for the crash bugs. I did some fiddling with the files that are in my save files and got it to kinda work. You will still get a little lag when you go from outside Fort Joy to inside it but 5 - 10 secs of lagg is better than crash.

What you will need:
You will need the GR2 Converter program listed here http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=605573. Download it and extract that program. Then you will need this file https://ufile.io/fcdks .

What to do:
"READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU TRY"
1. Create new folder called "whatever" on your desktop.
2. Go to where your save files are for the game (this is usually in the my documents folder under Larian Studios ) and select your current profile and the most recent save file ("it will be called "something.lsv") that is bugged.
3. Copy that file to the "whatever " folder on the desktop and change its name to "buggedsave.lsv" and put the levelcache.rar file that you downloaded earlier in the same folder.
4. Create two new folder called "new save game" and "bugged save game" inside the "whatever" folder.
5. Open the GR2 Converter program then click on the tab that says Pak/LSV Tools, under versions choose V13 Divinity Original Sin :EE, Original Sin II.
6. Click on the 3 dots next to the box under Package Path and navigate to the "whatever" folder then select your save file.
7. Click on the 3 dots next to the box under Extraction/ Source path then choose the "whatever" folder then click folder called "bugged save game" then choose that folder and click ok then select extract package.
8. Go to the "whatever" folder then go to the "bugged folder" and copy all the files inside it then go back to the "whatever" folder and go into the "new save game" folder and paste it inside it.
9. While inside the "new save game" folder delete the folder that says "levelcache" .
10. Go back the "whatever" folder and find the file called levelcache.rar right click and choose extract here then copy the folder "levelcache" and paste it inside the "new saved game" folder.
11. Now open or go back the the GR2 Converter program and in the tab that says Pak/LSV Tools, click on the 3 dots next to the box under Extraction/ Source path then choose the "what ever" folder then click folder called "new save game" and click ok.
12. Click on the 3 dots next to the box under Package Path and navigate to the "whatever folder" then under where it says file name enter the exact file name as the original save file (must do this of the game over writes it back to the bugged version) then click ok.
13. Click the button that says create package .
14. Go back to the folder where your save game was originally from and take only the bugged ".lsv" file (leave the image file) that was there and move it some where else secure. Go to the "whatever" folder and copy the new ".lsv" file you just made and paste it in to that folder.
15. Open the game and choose continue, when that save is loading a popup will show that says this file has been tampered with, don't click on it until after the game has loaded. It will do this every time you load the game from this point on i think.
16. This should make the game load and not cause to many problem. READ MY NOTES BELOW

Notes.
This worked for me as i am on the quest to to free the Elf, use or try at Your own risk. Backups of saves are good.

I don't know the extent as to how this will effect the game later because i just found this bug today.

"This is a levelcache is from an earlier save that was working fine and did not have an issue with forjoy. If it does not work for you or you are further in the game and it does not work, then you may need to find a save file on your system that works fine and do the same swapping for levelcache with it."

If you open your save that you extracted that is bugged and look in the level cache folder you will see fj_fortjoy_main.lsf is about 27 megs or larger than i think it should be, where as if you look at the fj_fortjoy_main.lsf that's part of the file i have linked is about 7 megs. I do not know what this means this is only my finding for want, wait no, needing to play this game :P.

There will still be a transition lag ( about 5 secs or so) when you go from outside Fort Joy to inside it from anywhere else. But as i said 5 secs to play the game compared to CTD or Looping crash or System Crash is way better.

If you have any issue what my steps let me know, this is my first time posting any kinda help like this.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I tried something for my new playthrough: for some reason, I thought that maybe the issue is caused by overwriting saves; so I'm playing without quicksaving, just regular new save every time I need to, without overwriting. I much farther than I was when I got my issues, lvl5, traveling after fort joy. I got no issue with the central area of fort joy no matter how many times I went back and forth, got no issue with teleporting to the statue in fort joy, no save/load issue either.

Could be coincidential, could be that the bugs are waiting somewhere farther in the game, could be that not overwriting saves is a solution. I'll keep playing like this and I'll come back here to update.

Last edited by pouet007; 17/09/17 12:33 AM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
Hey. I did exactly these steps and it really worked. I'm getting like 10s freezes in fort joy and thats all. But I encountered another problem after this fix. Every chest or inventory i'm trying to loot is empty ( if you move your cursor over a chest its normaly gold/yellow. Now its ALWAYS grey and empty).
Second bug: Enemy in fights wont attack me anymore. They just end there turns everytime...
Maybe its my fault. I did all these steps with a 7,5mb savefile and maybe it was already corrupted.
Any of you guys got the same problems?+

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard