Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
@Parkan, I took a two pronged approach in the mod. I first increased the max party size to 6, and then also changed the script to set the flag for a full party to not be set. So theoretically yes, you can have a lot of NPC followers but there may be more things that use that max party number. For my own testing I'm keeping it to 6.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Quick update in case anyone is curious. I've successfully tested out combat, bartering, companion attitude change, companion quest lines*, formations, character sheet and inventory menus.

The next big test is going to be one portion in Act 1 where companions get auto-removed and added back in, and then if that succeeds the transition into Act 2 will probably be another major test. I didn't get very far into Act 2 originally before starting this mod so I'm not sure if anything else might cause issues, but I think that will be a pretty good check.

*Including an NPC which is involved in multiple companion quests. In this case one companion related to this NPC was recruited before the original 4 person limit, and the other companion was recruited after the 4 person limit. I also have been able to successfully test another companion quest line where the companion temporarily fights against you, so that is very promising.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Is there a similar way to do this but allow additional clients to connect and control characters?

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hey @sirbuttsington great job. I spent a few hours over the weekend looking for the code to do this. I found the max party size rather quickly, but wasn't able to find the flag to set the party as full or not. Would you be able to share where that line of code is, just so I can look at it and kick myself for missing it?

Thanks for doing this. I'm planning on starting a new playthrough with this mod tonight.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Thank you for sharing! Act 2 got me looking for party size mod, so I've installed it and loaded a save after getting on the ship, where companions get auto-removed. Playing as Sebille I was able to recruit all 5 companions, so I'd say transition into Act 2 went smoothly (:

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
@Toomuchbob, I haven't touched any coop stuff, sorry

@Beyondist, it's actually in the same file. I believe there's also a secondary way to do it with the party members file as well to completely ignore the flag, but I didn't try removing that check since it's obviously easier to just change and build a single file.

@Athymohormia, thanks for the info!

L
stranger
stranger
L
There is a problem kinda... you know when you get do something on a quest or something happend to you all of your party members get a " ! " over their heads well if you have this mod this happens to ALL my party members and NOT all of them responded only the "original you and 3npc your recruit" party does... just saying.

ALSO
there is Pathing issues.. and dragging people out of the party to do something solo usually sneaking sometimes it brakes the party pathing...

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
@Lauro Yep, I did note the conversation issues in the Steam workshop discussion and comments, thanks for confirming. It also happens with moments that do not explicitly have the "!", like with soul containers like Withermoore. Your first three recruits will comment but the rest will not.

I've been trying to play with the reflection dialog story scripts to see if I can force all companions to comment but I have not yet been successful. I will post an update if I am able to get it working.

As for pathing, I think there may be light pathing bugs in general which are just exacerbated by having so many people around. Before I even started making this mod I noticed several instances of my party not following me, or the camera not centering on me even after I force it to center (need to switch to another character, then back before centering will work), etc etc. With this mod those types of issues seem to occur more regularly (probably due to collisions as the levels weren't designed to so many characters constantly traveling together). But that's just a natural result of the pathing AI, I don't think there's much I can do there unfortunately.

P
stranger
stranger
P
With this mod game became more fun.I am just curious on one thing.I can have in party without problems 7 characters.Character 8 and more doesnt show their portrait and often cannot be connect to party members to autofollow or divide party.it will be very cool if someone can maade those portarait scrolling if there more than 6 party members in party(like it was for example in Neverwinternights 2.game Ui just add scrolling in portait zone of interface so player can have a lot of characters in time.

Playing with this mod i don''t find any problems.Just Ai pathfinding little glitches and only 3 hired characters have dialog in some moments of quests.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Anyone know if the new patch affect this mod ?

B
stranger
stranger
B
SO I am new to enabling the mod how do i use the PAK file. thanks
scott

[quote=Lauro][quote=sirbuttsington]@Parkan, my issue was more that I'm not familiar with actually exporting the mod for GOG use. The Divinity Engine 2 has an easy "upload to Steam Workshop" button. I guess I can export a local copy of the mod (PAK file), but I'm not sure if it'll work for you. Let me know.

Link for PAK file: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=04487562806379270289 [/quote]

Since im new to Modding and stuff.. how to add that .. since i also have GOG ? do i place that .pak files anywhere ? or in a special MOD folder? [/quote]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard