Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#618849 22/09/17 09:00 AM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Heya.
I'll use this topic to post feedback, suggestions, quirks etc. throughout my playthrough of D:OS2, as I did with D:OS beta, D:OS, and D:OS2 beta.
Sadly due to a firstborn taking up most of my time I haven't played the beta of D:OS2 nearly as often as D:OS1, but I recall I wasn't that thrilled about the armor system, making fights pretty dull and samey, or the balance, where Magical Fort fights where much tougher than the weak physical enemies once you escaped the Fort. And don't get me started on the boss-battle of the beta. For shame. Hopefully all of that is corrected, though I somewhat doubt the armor system frown. While it's fine for PvP (as many PvP'ers told me when insults when I first said it was bad, retelling their legendary pvp matches. Good for you, I don't care, I play SP) it's not so much for a lengthy campaign. That opinion got me massively flamed, so I stopped using these forums. Seems hostility is a thing PvP takes along with it, huh? Anyway, enough about the beta, onto release. Due to aforementioned being busy I'll probably wont be able to update this topic regularly, since I can't play much regurlarly. But I'll always return back here after sessions.
Considering I write as I play, the further down you scroll the more you'll get spoilers along the game. Due to the nature of the topic, be advised, there WILL be spoilers, and they wont be marked.
Hopefully this can all be of good use.
If these sound nitpicky at times it's because thawhat it is at times. All to make the game best it can be.

Comments (3.0.143.324):
*There is really no reason why the difficulty descriptions cannot be displayed under "back" when hovering over difficulties, rather than having to click each to reach. Don't get me wrong, love the artwork, but it's not the most intuitive or helpful system.
*I find the "would add" a bit awkward. What's wrong with adds?
*I probably would have prefered 2 screens for abilities than the weird half-way with scrollbars. I didn't even realise it was scrollable till I accidentily used my mousewheel.
*During creation Pyrokinectic missed the "Fire attacks deal" before +5% damage, as all other abilities have..
*All "skills" mention what they boost in the greyish text, but weapon abilities do not. Unifying them would be my preference smile. Getting rid of the grey repeatal of the white text would be my suggestion (so the above pyrokinectic way would then be right, rather than wrong).
*"Identify more, faster" Whaaaaat? Why not just say higher level items or enemies?
*"next level 1" sounds rather odd, and doesn't update to next level 2 in creation. smirk Perhaps just Level 1:, Level 2:, and have it react during creation?
*Fortify doesn't say what improves it. Does nothing improve it? (It does, but other skills explicitely say so)
*Talents: Guerilla probably needs a sneaking 1 lock? Parry Master a Dual Wield 1 lock. It makes little sense to take those without them.
*Why does All Skilled up has (s) when it's 1 point each time?
*Ping and Chat should probably be disabled in "nobody" mode (pure SP), re-enabled upon allowing other players. I keep confusing chat with the combat log smirk.
*Getting a "press button 2 to skip" on the starting vids... which is that? It's not 2 on keyboard on numpad. Controller key?
*Ingame strenght shows in blue a "currently +5% damage", why doesn't my constitution show "currently +14% vitality"?
*Initiative should say base 10 rather than wits +10. Otherwise I would also need to have critical hit 10% on 10 WIT and *that's* not the case...
*I don't recall seeing that persuasion "increases base attitude" in the character creation. Why not?
*What's with the "we" in the journal? I assume it makes sense for co-op, but in single player there's literally only just little old "me".
*Some rules on trading are probably needed? The kid in the starter boat tried selling me beer!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1140868549
*Preferable if the popup "journal updated, press L to read" pressing L would go to that journal entry too, rather than just the topmost quest, unchanged, even if there's a green crystal next to the updated quest.
*Why do most letters weigh the same as books? Quest-related letters (like Beasts stolen one) or the sheet of paper is correctly 0.01, but most letters are 0.5, like books. Seems odd weights return from D:OS1 frown
*So you're telling me Dual Wielding and Warfare don't help my offhand?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1140926141

veteran
veteran
-You can sneak without any points into sneak. Guerrilla doesn't need a sneak lock, although it might discourage people from taking it, which would be a good thing.

"Ping and Chat should probably be disabled in "nobody" mode (pure SP), re-enabled upon allowing other players. I keep confusing chat with the combat log"

- I'm going to disagree, on the principle of "if it ain't broke...". It doesn't hurt anyone to have these things exist in SP, and adding unnecessary code could break them in the actual mode they're used in.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Stabbey

"Ping and Chat should probably be disabled in "nobody" mode (pure SP), re-enabled upon allowing other players. I keep confusing chat with the combat log"

- I'm going to disagree, on the principle of "if it ain't broke...". It doesn't hurt anyone to have these things exist in SP, and adding unnecessary code could break them in the actual mode they're used in.

But it does hurt. I've clicked on that icon and it's been a PITA to get rid of it because it's unexpected, I'm not used to it, and is cluttering the UI for no reason.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Neither does taking fire damage require Pyro, but Demon does require Pyro. And there are similar locks (kills +AP on Warfare or move -AP on scoundrel) which make less sense than these would.
It just helps out the chaff on stuff that is fairly useless to you, handy when going through that long list with quite little that actually is interesting (IMO). I see myself picking the same ones for all mages already for example.

And yes, that ping icon and chat do bother me. As stated, I keep confusing it with the combat log icon. I also need to check each time which of the 2 icons is teleporting and which is annoying sound, not used to that yet. As thus, it's "hurting" me.

Might aswell add my latest findings here, since they're few, and not worthy of their own post;
*Books burn in fire, huh? Nice touch. Although I lost the pokerplayers book in the ensuing fight.
*It would be nice if taking rewards I can pick crew members to compare with.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Mopped up the Fort (again :)), here's some feedback.

*Wasn't the Arena supposed to be more than 1 battle? I win one fight, am champion now and hear you prove yourself "again, and again... and again"... IT WAS 1 FIGHT!
*Similarly to "thieving" lines it seem "fugitive", "collor removed" and "smelling" lines are unvoiced. Makes an odd contrast to the 'fully voiced' game.
*No questupdate when finding Gawin's dead body at the harbor?
*While I can understand wanting to prevent NPC's going over poison and fire, it sometimes is annoying as they will simply stop moving altogether (black cat will happilly traverse the poison though). However oil on the ground in peacetime blocking movement entirely is a bit too much.
*Still find it odd you can kill the whole fort, no one bashes an eye, but escape and all turn hostile. Atleast the silent monks don't turn hostile this time even though Emmie does, which makes little sense if you mentioned Buddie to her.
*While much is teamshared, why isn't barter? Why can't we dump all the items we want to sell then swap to the character of desire to sell it at the highest price. Why pre-selling we need to hover over all items to get the most out it, needless busywork?
*While I can understand not everything having hitpoints and stuff, it's quite odd to see a massive painting burn up but these books just survive unscathed:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1148955407
*When taking off Fane's mask a tooltip informed me to keep undead masked. But then oddly, apparently this look is totally fine to not scare away people. What???
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1148965188
*Just got a 5% critical hit 150% critical damage crossbow with Ifan. So 5% should be +5%. And 150%? I'm not quite sure. There is no indicator how much critical hit does for damage, even though we get weapons and skill affecting this value. Is 150% lowering it, or increasing it? No clue. That should *not* be the case.

veteran
veteran
*Wasn't the Arena supposed to be more than 1 battle? I win one fight, am champion now and hear you prove yourself "again, and again... and again"... IT WAS 1 FIGHT!

It was commented on a lot in EA, Larian had no interest in changing it because it interacts with PvP.

*No questupdate when finding Gawin's dead body at the harbor?

Isn't the quest over once you teleport the jerk across? Either way there's nothing more to do with him.

Still find it odd you can kill the whole fort, no one bashes an eye, but escape and all turn hostile.

Complained about a lot in EA, Larian ignored it because, I believe, really early on in development they wanted leaving Fort Joy to be a one-way trip with no possibility of return. They changed their minds on that, but left in the psychic guards.

It is stupid precisely because you CAN slaughter the whole fort even before you leave. It'ws a case of Larian trying to keep their cake and eat it, they wanted to give players the freedom to kill the whole fort of guards, but didn't want to add in reactions for the prisoners if you actually do so, which admittedly would be a pain.

*Just got a 5% critical hit 150% critical damage crossbow with Ifan. So 5% should be +5%.

No, 5% is the boost to your CHANCE of getting a critical hit, not to the DAMAGE of it, which is at a base of 150%, or 1.5 times normal damage.

L
stranger
stranger
L
The (s) is in case you took the lone wolf talent.

What's wrong with the kid selling beer?

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
@Stabbey:
1)But I recall in EA there were more than 1 battle to be had. And the quest doesn't complete. Or maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.
2) Yes, but it would still be nice to have another update about him being dead... and again I recall this was a thing in EA.
3) It would make more sense if they allowed returning, the guards would be none the wiser. Till you remove your collar that is.
4) The point is it increases your critical hit chance by 5%, not sets it to 5%. So it should be +5%. The critcal hit damage *probably* is fine, but I thought it was double damage by default? Other weapons don't have critical hit damage multipliers stated, and they can crit. Nothing showing it in your stats, which IMO should be added. If the base crit is 150% why do crossbows say 150% crit damage and all other weapons do NOT? Again, more questions than answers.
I'm fairly sure Crossbows do 150% of regular critical damage (unlike your statement) considering the amount of damage I do with it, which seems marksman alone doesn't verify, so actual clarification ingame would seem appropriate considering it's questionable and users are making their own interpretations, but which is right?.

@Lohse:
1) Didn't know Lone Wolf buffed up other talents. Any others it syncs with?
2) Far I know it's not really okay in Rivellon either to get kids drunk. I realise though that oddly enough 90% of the kids in D:OS2 sell lockpicks for some reason, so kids are made out to be pathological thieves, which also kinda weird.

Last edited by Hassat Hunter; 28/09/17 12:22 PM. Reason: bit more about crossbows and crit damage
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
@Stabbey:
1)But I recall in EA there were more than 1 battle to be had. And the quest doesn't complete. Or maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.

Were you playing with a second human player? If yes, then you are correct. There is a second battle if there's a second human playing. If you were not, then your memory is playing tricks on you. The lack of a second battle is something I noticed and complained about.

3) It would make more sense if they allowed returning, the guards would be none the wiser. Till you remove your collar that is.

Yes, some at Larian also thought so. But apparently the sensible ones were overruled. I honestly don't fathom the use of psychic escape-sensing guards. It adds nothing to the game.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
No I played EA Solo. Mind must be playing tricks on me. Soooo... how do we finish the quest?

Anyway, posting this having set D:OS2 aside for now being really pissed off at the game. Same place as EA; Gargoyle Maze. I rreeeeeeaaally hate it. HATE IT. I'll just skip it like in EA *again* but I don't really want to play D:OS2 right now for a while due to it. Stupid maze.

Anyway, another day of D:OS2 (lots of fun with a sour ending), almost finished with Fort Joy again, just that Maze's dungeon, killing Radeka, the final fort, and trying to finish all the 20 unfinished questlines in my journal. Most of which I have no idea how to proceed if possible at all. Fun smirk.

Comments (3.0.143.909):
*Shadow's Eye (Ifan) seems a weeeeeeeeeeeeee bit overpowered for the area you get it.
*Oil blocking movement is *really* getting annoying now.
*Viscous voidling are really easy to defeat (I recall having a hard time in EA, they're pick off pushovers now)... but still grant 1000XP per kill? Way more than many legit threats do?
*I see actually using an disarming kit to disarm a trap is still 100% useless? Why?
*Why doesn't the Rune UI cross-reference characters? So annoying smirk
*What happened to the teleport animation? With the dust showing the AoE. Now the AoE is invisible and enemies just take damage for no visual reason.
*Suggestion: Skills that cannot be used have a red outline in the skillbook.
*Wasn't there a conversation with the flaming pigs? Can't find one that isn't just one-liners now. Also having to chase them to talk is super annoying (or was it always just the one near the dragon post-healing?)
*What happened to all the conversations? Didn't the Voidwaken Deep-Dweller have one too?

I'll play later when I got time again and am not frustated by the maze (that I'm going to skip regardless, no point booting up the game to hate it, that'll just make me stop playing completely)

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Well good to see Alexander doesn't require cheese like in EA; the battle was fair and square. First attempt failed horribly since I teleported over and the teammates blitzed to my location, triggering the fight with everyone spread out without my intention... but upon reload and starting intentionally (on the ridge near where the Voidwoken spawns) all worked out fine, even if it was on fire 24/7 (to more harm to the enemies than me). My 2 seeker allies where pretty much pummeled to death though. Once the Voidwoken appeared, rather sooner than I expected, every enemy turned to it, allowing me to just mop them up one by one leaving a severly weaked 1-shottable Voidwaken once all where dead. Definitely better than the horrors of EA.

Last few commentaries on Joy Island till I venture new-found never played before lands and get probably horribly lost like the swamp still did to me even if I played it before 0_o

*The girl from the ship and beach. I freed from the bloodstained dungeon, by lifting the exit? Then I saw her run off and nothing. Just dissapears after freeing her??? Feels unfinished. Same as slug and bear cub smirk
*Can't say I'm a big fan of the way you handle post-event dialogue, which is very poorly. It's that I played EA but the woman near the Shrieker/Gareth just going "I almost shot you" then running into nothingness (I followed her and she blew up near the slugs so I reloaded and tried again only to find she just vanishes there regardless) feels awkward, aswell as the rat that randomly goes "You chicken!" if talking to it after killing the Voidwoken. Then the rat near the Shriekers is handled better, in EA it had no awareness of surviving, in this release version it just is untalkable if it survives. Still not the best sollution.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I see the patch is here. All of these observations were made on the older version, installing patch now.

*You really need to use crafting to make a cooking station? Can't just drag the cooking/kitchen pot over the fire (that does nothing)?
*Why are intestines, raw red meat, raw rabbit meat, raw ribs, raw bird leg, raw mutton and raw lumpy gimblets in ingredients rather than consumables?
**Same for Yarrow flowers, whisperwood, fly agaric mushroom, boletus, wheat, puffball, garlic, guepinia mushroom, bluegill mushroom, penny bunny mushroom, amaduvire, calocera, earth tongue mushroom, tea herbs, chantere, drudae, farganheit, jellyroom, cold fries, cold mashed potato and potato's
*Could we get mouseover text hovering over the icon on the left of crafting (an object, for example cooking station). I really don't know what most icons mean.
*Why do Rivellon fries have a finesse penalty? It's not like +1 con is that much a boost for eating them that warrants a counter smirk
*Some VO if reading the recipes on walls?
**I guess the one in the kitchen is a carbon copy from the tutorial ship (as the layout is)? No new recipes.
*Going back twice (when about to hire) on Zhrilla (hiring mercs) gives the same "many choice" line, sounds very awkward.
*Is in intentional the book near Dhallis bed just says "This book is unreadable". Could be, could be a default line, looks very placeholdery to me.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
*You rejoice, a full day of Divinity: Original Sin II is before you. After playing for a couple hours, you find a seemingly abandoned house. A quick convo later, you gained an achievement for your pacifism. The inhabitants gone, you decide to start looting. You open a box...........*
BOOOOOM.
*The screen turns black and the smell of fire fills your nose. Where did that blast come from? Power outage? No, the monitor is still on, as are all the lights in the room. Odd. You notice the firey smell comes from the casing of your PC...*

So yeah, a couple days without the option to play, through no action of my own. Also my full day abruptly cut short.

Anyway, some imput on the new stuff. Ship was pretty fun. Killed Tarquin, then the 2 Gheists really gave me a hard time. The final ship battle also was rather though, and props for the "you loose" cutscene. Second time around I fared better, mostly by keeping the insanely damaging Ghouls far away from Malady.
Anyway, my hard time seem to have been from being decked in lvl 5/6 gear during level 10 fights, similar happened in Driftwood. And while I've gotten lvl 10 gear now, most fights still have a tendancy to be very hard. The Scarecrows terror aura had me lose control first turn and watch myself die without being able to do anything. The voidwoken picking up the ring did 300 damage per hit, 2 shooting everyone it touched. Fortunately, it seemed more interested in teleporting or buffing it's companions than attacking or I would have lost more than just Ifan (taking aforementioned two-hit, single hits I could recover from). The Champion of the arena blitz backstabs each round (not sure *that's* intentional), by the end of round 1 all my magic users are dead. Let her have little magic armor and a lot of physical. So by round 2 Ifan dies, round 3 the Prince from the backstabs. Insane. It just makes it all the more annoying questrewards I cannot really choose properly, mostly going for Red Prince melee loot since he's the character that does the talking so is selected if the box pops, but if I get a 12STR helmet with +1 scoundrel and +1huntsmen I do pass up.
Driftwood was awesome though. Questing in a city is definitely my favorite part of RPGs, why I love the Divinity II expansion so very much over the base game (it's awesome Dragon sequence helps too, even if most seem to hate that for some reason). Bad questlog strikes again though, like the Beggar and Dog quest still being open after extorting money, I really see no way to proceed. Then again it might be super-arbitrarily pop up later like, say, Lord Withermoore.

Now, without even more wall of text, the list of suggestions of the last couple sessions:

*While I don't particularly recall the old savegame screen, it worked fine. The new one is WAY too cropped/cramped however, I already miss my widescreen save menu. Why take a good thing away?
*Why do all 4 sourcerors get plummed under "Powerful Awakening" rather than have their own questentry? Really?
**Especially seeing the itty bitty tiny "Spider Kiss" questline has 4 entries for all different teammates for absolutely no reason smirk
*Seems someone is very fond of Ifan's looks. Bit overused here;
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1160456719
*More "ingredients" that are "consumables": Eggs.
*Collecting books and books and books and having a messy inventory due to it, I still think the library suggestion is needed:
Have a(n enchanted?) bookcase (on the Vengeance) that allows you to "eat" all non-quest related books in dialogue. Then also have dialogue to retrieve said book (conviently sorted by crafting books, huwbert, etc.). Clean inventory, no need to store a zillion books in the not-at-all convient storage container. Win/win all around.
*But, no, really... character swapping for the reward screen. I'm picking blind here, and as result have picked several bad options already. Pllllleeeease change it!
*It would be rather nice if you could know the spider-kiss effect without save-loading all conversation options. My warrior got +2int, -2con because I had no idea and picked the kitten option since, well, cats! smirk
*Apparently for the Spider Kiss you individually get 6000XP each? Quite different from fish-tasting giving 4000XP to all per try. Oddly arbitrary? If you kill her it's 4000 for the team though, though one of the members is lacking XP, needing leaving+re-adding to catch up smirk... Or do the logical thing and get 4 boosts at 6K then kill her for 4K more + items. Althoug the spider is pathecially easy to beat, doing like 5 damage, her human form actually does the proper damage. Also near death changes into full-health/armored spider before also reviving as spider (who has no armor so is even easier to defeat then)
*Blinding Radiance doesn't say it's blocked by magical armor.
*So did the Arena battle without blindfold since 3/4th of my party is ranged. Questlog says to persuade Arran but he doesn't even get an option? Talking to him another questentry pops up saying "we need to impress in the arena to fight for championship"... No option to start that up. Very confusing quest-progression in this case.

veteran
veteran
*Why do all 4 sourcerors get plummed under "Powerful Awakening" rather than have their own questentry? Really?

They do get their own quest entries. Once you start those quests. The Powerful Awakening log entry is there to help point you to the next Sourceror to look for if you forget. There are a LOT of quests to keep track of in Act 2.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
Driftwood was awesome though. Questing in a city is definitely my favorite part of RPGs, why I love the Divinity II expansion so very much over the base game (it's awesome Dragon sequence helps too, even if most seem to hate that for some reason). Bad questlog strikes again though, like the Beggar and Dog quest still being open after extorting money, I really see no way to proceed. Then again it might be super-arbitrarily pop up later like, say, Lord Withermoore.

You mean the Zeppelin escort mission? I hated it because I sucked at it, and I couldn't save the Zeppelin (apparently scripted, but being the irrationally stubborn sort, I seemed to not realise that for my first 847 attempts). But yeah, Aleroth was awesome: as someone who usually likes to roam around vast expanses of countryside seeing what there is to be discovered, and in particular Broken Valley in the case of D2, I was pleasantly surprised that I really enjoyed the deliberately claustrophobic surroundings.

I liked Driftwood, though not as much as Aleroth. It reminded me more of the D1 settlements in terms of its overall feel and quests, though I guess that isn't surprising.

And yeah, bugged quests: the beggar one annoyed me, as I didn't extort him but I did tell him to bugger off. Not according to the quest log, though. And Withermoore's never worked for me: apparently you can sometimes find him if you use various methods to reveal his presence but I'd expected him to just kinda turn up and do his thing.

Sorry to hear about the PC being a bit too interesting for its own good. D:

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Got in a bit more, got bitten in the butt by an unexplaned 'feature' after I already sold my old crossbow and staff and that didn't make me very happy... also that Wrecker's Cave must be HELL on Co-op parties. I mean whoever was in my Red Prince's place would idle around an hour (for me, more like 3 since I had to do all 3 segments solo) waiting for rescue, and it even took me a few tries to save him not helped that the immediate combat left him without any magic armor, and the only way he survived round 1 was a Voidwoken luckily picking Lohse instead of him.
They do get their own quest entries. Once you start those quests. The Powerful Awakening log entry is there to help point you to the next Sourceror to look for if you forget. There are a LOT of quests to keep track of in Act 2.

Yeah, I notice a lot of 2 entries or 3 entry quests. But IMO it should still start up those 4 individual quests rather than just dump them under one giant log to scroll through.

Originally Posted by vometia
You mean the Zeppelin escort mission? I hated it because I sucked at it, and I couldn't save the Zeppelin (apparently scripted, but being the irrationally stubborn sort, I seemed to not realise that for my first 847 attempts). But yeah, Aleroth was awesome: as someone who usually likes to roam around vast expanses of countryside seeing what there is to be discovered, and in particular Broken Valley in the case of D2, I was pleasantly surprised that I really enjoyed the deliberately claustrophobic surroundings.

Yup, it was awesome. It seemed many people had issues with it but I could easily do it my first run, even though I've had ample experience with being shot down by Flying Fortresses.

Sorry to hear about the PC being a bit too interesting for its own good. D:

Yeah, it sucked, but back again at it, and still sucking at it. It's all good as long as it's fun, and not 50% accuracy frustrating.

Suggestions of my last run:
*Additional "advanced log" option, keeping the current log as default. Advanced log would work pretty much like the D&D RPG's of old, giving a total breakdown how damage is decided. So instead of "200 physical damage" it would be like "50 weapon damage (weapon damage 45-70) +50 strength damage (strenght 100%), +100 critical hit damage (critical multiplier 200%).
*Executioner should mention it can only trigger once per turn.
*Make the Adrenaline description in the inspect box better (now it just says "Adrenaline")
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1172412462
*WHY IS THIS A THING? I found out in the middle of combat since Lohse and Ifan kept missing, no clue before that that this was a thing. I sold the previous crossbow as well. Why is this a thing, and why is it so extremely badly portrayed to the player till they go in the inventory to find out why the hell their accuracy is down the drain. Atleast Lohse still had her old staff smirk
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1172110969
*Let's just say after finding the Glowing Eye... I did not expect that. But why do the crabs dissapear after being saved? smirk

veteran
veteran
Why it is a thing? Because skill damage for physical classes heavily depends on weapon damage. Much higher level weapon and your skill damage goes through the roof. The solution in the first was much better but not doable in this game sadly.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
But isn't exactly the same true for armor? And those don't impart magnificant penalties upon you, not telegraphed AT ALL, and you just have to find out yourself the next battle why you can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Here are my last few suggestions, made playing the previous version:
*Why does Mordus' Amulet have a rune-slot if it gets taken away anyway. Had to reload to save the rune smirk. And yet another great piece of equipment I immediately loose again, this is getting tiresome, especially with gear playing such a big role in combat (fortunately I got it back from his dead body).
*If there's one "book" that should stack it's those cautionary pamphlets you find everywhere (all should, but well, these are very common).
*Why are "Red Ink in the Ledger" and "Aggressive Takeover" even 2 seperate quests? Considering they involve the exact same people. Oh well, 2 rewards I guess, one for the box, one for the kill 'suppose.
*Some inconsistency. Most ghosts only appear once you did up their corpse, but for Trader Liam that apparently is different. I understand for the sake of the quest perhaps, but still, I like consistent design.
*Why does Bless take a slot while Source Vampirism doesn't?
*Just bought torturer but all my skills in the taskbar still say the turn durations before buying it? Buying it for Fane "Worm Tremor" does increase from 2 to 3. Did I just waste my point on something with super-specific requirements it doesn't state?

veteran
veteran
- Sometimes Lohar takes Mordus's amulet and keeps it. Sometimes he gives it back. It's unclear why.

- Ghosts in general are wildly inconsistent. Some are trapped reliving their own deaths over and over, others are perfectly aware and calm, carrying on a conversation.

- I also don't know why Bless takes a slot. But really the first change I'd make to Bless would be to make it Source-free but increase the AP cost to 2. Spirit Vision and Source Vampirism are both too niche to deserve memory slots.

- Torturer only boosts the duration of damage-per-turn status effects, so burning, poisoning, bleeding, and probably Death Wish. If it doesn't do damage each turn, it doesn't work with Torturer.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
- Ghosts in general are wildly inconsistent. Some are trapped reliving their own deaths over and over, others are perfectly aware and calm, carrying on a conversation.

Fair enough. But in general, ghost appearances were very consistent, in that no one appears till the body is surfaced. This is the only exception I recall so far.
- Torturer only boosts the duration of damage-per-turn status effects, so burning, poisoning, bleeding, and probably Death Wish. If it doesn't do damage each turn, it doesn't work with Torturer.

It should probably say so ingame then smirk

Some more feedback, pretty much mopping up Act II at this points, warping around from one harsh fight to the next. Oh, and Paradise Downs. Navigating that'll be hell. Not that big a fan of needing teleportation or piramids to move about.

*The new "get item" sound is annoying
*"The midnight oil" and "a generous offer" are also the same quests? A generous offer is updated entering Blackpits and the cave. Reading a note/book updates midnight oil though. And then it's pretty much one or other or a seemingly random basis. Like A Generous Offer mentions finding the Temple, but Midnight Oil talks about the barrier in the temple. Really? Oh well, 2x 7500XP when finding the artifact due to it?
*Why are the voidwoken at the bridgekeeper level 9? You need to enter through the graveyard (lvl 12) making them pushovers. Or did I miss some other way across much sooner?
*Well, figured I would lock up Rory the rate giving the turtle a chance to talk, considering it was so conviently placed there... and it *wasn't* the sollution???
(I didn't waste a ton of time here trying to lock up the rat, no sireeee... :/)
https://youtu.be/LGNzBhpU0xQ
https://youtu.be/OdWgXdjLt7g (Putting food in the cage he would eat it from outside the cage, on the cage he would atleast enter)
https://youtu.be/jh4ryurbc9U
*Can we know the ranges of Purge and Source Vampirism. Had a hell of a time with a shrieker at Blackpits till I realised purge has a MUCH bigger range. Fortunately I still had a purging wand with charges.
*The round robin is fairly unfair. Fighting the Eternals in The Blackpits, she can spawn 2 Eternal Spirits and they both get to act too before I even get any feedback in, generally killing one of my companions since you can't really decide teambuild there either.
*Always nice to have an instant-kill autosave (Alice Alisceon battle) smirk
**Btw, that fight seriously sucks. I would say that's just bad design. Hasn't been this annoyed since Hannag at the toplevel started sprewing around lava right under my feet even if moving away or the Shriekers till I noticed Purge having a much longer range (no wonder I had no issue in ACT 1 but did now). Insta-kills just feel cheap.
*Saheila has source-powered skills but the "companion" UI doesn't allow you to see the amount of source possessed.
*All Lone Wolf ghosts have quests. Except Pigbane's. Still gives 10K XP for killing Pigsbane though?
*No bugs, no suggestions, just showcasing how funny it is books work perfectly on big fire-traps xD. Some good use of all those spare copies, eh?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1183915975

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard