Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Gorexar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Hello, I discovered a bug allowing you to re-roll any vendors loot table over and over. Effectively allowing you to farm gear how would i go about reporting this in a way that does not reveal the process to the public (trying to keep the games integrity in mind for tactician and honor clears.

veteran
veteran
Is it "wait an hour"? Because that's in the game, so vendor re-rolling is clearly not forbidden.

G
Gorexar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
No, you can reroll any vendor at any time over and over, takes about 10 seconds to reroll the vendor.

veteran
veteran
Still not seeing the huge problem.

The inventories are still randomly generated, there are still is a limited amount of encounters and a limited amount of gold which can be acquired, and a limited amount of resources to sell. Barter only reduces buying prices and increases selling prices a certain amount.

G
Gorexar Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Resources may be limited to an extent but that amount not really an issue, the reroll also causes the NPC's gold and base items rez scrolls etc to become additive per reroll, so an act two vendor can have 9999999 gold.

I'm sure you can see the game breaking implications of spending 15min re rolling a vendor and walking away with near best in slot for your level of gear, in a game where gear directly influences every single spell action and bonus in the game. especially on harder difficulties, even just a few very strong items, namely weapons can cause you to one shot bosses on tactician.

I personally view such things as cheating, many players may enjoy or dislike such a exploit but i feel its existence diminishes the prestige of harder difficulties. which is why for the strict nature of the game that are 4 difficulties, to challenge people how they want to be challenged, its a pretty big deal if you can turn honor mode into explorer mode with 30 min of item farming every other level. just IMO.

Furthermore i don't believe vendors reroll every hour they do however reroll every time you level, from my testing Larian has put a lot of effort and time into developing an item system that is very well coded to disable this very exploit

outside of saving the game at 99% exp and completing a quest, leveling viewing vendors then reloading if you don't like what rolled which is time ineffective and at best can only a few OK items per level

i believe the system was implemented this way to attempt to preserve integrity of the game diffaculties

Again these are only assumptions and my opinions. i simply don't want to see all of their hard work undermined by something like this. Coming from a background of high world ranking, in world of Warcraft play for years, bugs and exploits like this can impact the integrity of players and the game.

Unfortunately its part of the human condition to want to win, and if your having a hard time you will seek an advantage, whether that be using a enhancement drug in sports or an exploit in a game, the best way to preserve integrity of the situation is to remove the temptation altogether

Simply put, you wont cheat, if you cant cheat and that is best for everyone involved.

Last edited by Gorexar; 28/09/17 09:25 PM.
They typically won't PM you for your issue.

Your best bet is to explain the issue. The more exposure it gets the quicker it is patched.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gorexar
I personally view such things as cheating, many players may enjoy or dislike such a exploit but i feel its existence diminishes the prestige of harder difficulties.

Ah, so even if you never use it yourself, the fact that SOMEONE might waste their time trying to get slightly better stats means that you will feel diminished if this isn't removed.

Really, though, the biggest problem with your prestige argument is that in a game where this can happen...

even just a few very strong items, namely weapons can cause you to one shot bosses on tactician.

...that already renders e-peen prestige meaningless. This (among everything else I've heard about it) suggests that the whole difficulty level needs a revamp. Only after that happens will it maybe be meaningful to beat the game on the higher difficulties.

Furthermore i don't believe vendors reroll every hour

You're wrong, they do. Ellezard has tested this extensively on her(?) Tactician mode run, exploiting it to the fullest to get all the Best Lootz.

Coming from a background of high world ranking, in world of Warcraft play for years, bugs and exploits like this can impact the integrity of players and the game.

This explains a lot. This is not an MMO. It is effectively a single-player game. You can't even move your character to another player's campaign to show off your gear. Characters are confined to the campaign they were created in.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by Gorexar
Hello, I discovered a bug allowing you to re-roll any vendors loot table over and over. Effectively allowing you to farm gear how would i go about reporting this in a way that does not reveal the process to the public (trying to keep the games integrity in mind for tactician and honor clears.

Reveal the process to the public. The devs read the forum and occasionally interact. This is where you report bugs. smh

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
We wouldn't have a game if everything than CAN be exploited in a singleplayer game got changed.

It is necessary for players to begin understanding that even though something CAN be exploited it doesn't mean it will be.

Of course you didn't explain what you're referring to so this may be way off topic. But it does sound a lot like the complaints over the "respec" mirror, yes you CAN exploit it, if you don't like it, just don't, it's a single player game.

There are absolutely no effects on your game if someone else uses this "exploit" on their game (I also don't use them, I think the difficulty is already flawed enough as is, but that's another subject entirely).

Again, without a propper explanation of the issue it is quite possible that I'm being unfair here, but, if the problem lies somewhere along the lines of "the player can go way off the normal path to get an unfair advantage" (like infinite bodyguard hiring with a respec on thievery) then it is not an issue, unless you make it an issue on your game, but at that point it's not the developer's fault.

journeyman
journeyman
"I found a bug but I don't want people to know about it! Because it will ruin the game!"

Uh ... the more people that report a bug, with the more details provided about the bug, the easier it is for the company to fix.

Also, its hard for them to know if its an isolated bug, or if a lot of people are experiencing it. There could be 300 people who have discovered this bug, but they all think its an isolated thing.

Bug are reported so they can be fixed. Like the infinite damage loop issue that they patched out. Someone talked about it, and the company fixed it.

Unless bugs are openly reported and data is gathered, they'll never be fixed.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Still not seeing the huge problem.

The inventories are still randomly generated, there are still is a limited amount of encounters and a limited amount of gold which can be acquired, and a limited amount of resources to sell.

Barter only reduces buying prices and increases selling prices a certain amount.

Yeah, I see randomly generated loot (and, as a direct consequence, vendors' inventories) as a far more meaningful flaw in the game that any trick about refreshing their inventories deriving from that.

In fact, while I'm generally loving the game beyond most expectations, I think I can reduce almost everything I'm not liking that much to some itemization-related issue (too many items, too randomized and generic, they ramp up in power too much and too quickly, they bloat your inventory, etc, etc).

Last edited by Tuco; 30/09/17 09:13 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
G
stranger
stranger
G
Random loot so broken and exploited just to make the game decent - Save next to vendor before Dialog, then check inventory if sucks... well, then reload and check its not to difficult (rinse and repeat). This is a process Larian has forced on its players due to the fact the random loot system is not up to par. If you played through the game with no re-saves expecting a good experience just taking what you were giving by the loot system (um like it should be) then this game could go very badly or good its like Vegas I suppose luck of the dice. Lets drop smoke and mirrors people..here is the "PROBLEM" - Loot system, luck system, NPC inventories all random some of the gear the game comes up with is just stupid like a mage armor with strength and warfare on it then huntsman... um that is just a mess. Get used to saving and resaving because that is what the random loot system in this game has forced on its players killing the game experience in the long run. Pay attention to what I just said Larian you will "kill" the game experience meaning new players will just drop it. I rather just play and enjoy instead of saving and resaving hoping for good gear.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Saying you found something without actually giving any indication as to why you found or how it works.. why? Why even bother?

Seriously, what's the point of this thread?

It's about as productive as saying "There are bugs in this game". Yeah, well, no shit.

Last edited by Luckmann; 04/10/17 08:42 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Luckmann, its what you call virtue posting.

It's why I said "if there's a bug, report it, because unless others know there's a bug, they might think its a glitch that can't be duplicated".

I mean, when I find bugs in a game, the first thing I try and do is to duplicate it. Sometimes a game will just glitch out and its a one shot deal.

If I can duplicate the bug, then that information makes it a lot easier for them to fix the bug.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard