Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
EDIT: Apparently I am dumb. No surprise there.

I spared Mordus's life and he gave me his amulet. It was pretty neat and had two Rune slots. And when Beast went to talk to Lohar, he just took the damn thing - with my runes - right off of Beast.

WTF game? Why did you give the stupid thing stats in the first place if it was just something you don't get to keep more than 20 minutes?

More importantly, why does Lohar need to take it away in the first place? All that needed to happen is to let him inspect it and confirm that it was Mordus'. If I'm supposed to just hand it over, then don't give it any stats, never mind TWO rune slots.

I of course have saved games and will just reload, but it just seems really pointless and annoying.

Last edited by Stabbey; 02/10/17 03:11 AM. Reason: durrrr
C
apprentice
apprentice
C
He takes it off you and puts it in your inventory.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by CameronHall
He takes it off you and puts it in your inventory.

I feel a little dumb now, but in fairness my inventory is packed with stuff and if I do get to keep it, seems a little silly to unequip it. Also I didn't actually check my inventory because I reloaded to go investigate the cellar first.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Pretty sure we all felt the same two emotions. laugh

V
stranger
stranger
V
For me, Lohar takes the amulet and pockets it, never returning it. I can steal it back, however.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I think the root of my assumption was that the dialogue specifically said that Lohar pocketed the amulet, so it didn't seem like I was going to keep it.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
I "lost" my amulet 3 times:
- first: when you use the amulet as a key, it gets unequipped and put back in your pocket ... found it later by sorting my inventory
- second: when you talk th Lothar, it gets unequipped and put back in your pocket ... found it later by sorting my inventory
- third: after installing the latest patch the amulet magically lost one rune socket ... this makes it useless, because you can have better amulets with rune socket at this stage of the game

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I don't know what happened to the rune I had installed in the second socket, and there's actually no way for me to find out for sure. frown

B
stranger
stranger
B
For me he took it and kept it, and my Thievery is not high enough to pickpocket it back.
Any repucussions later in the game (no spoiler please) if I just kill him to get it back?

Last edited by Bella; 15/10/17 07:20 AM.
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
From the dialogue he gave me, a Beast avatar, it sounds like his quest line ends once you tell him Mordus has been dealt with, so he should probably be safe to kill after that.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Yey - many thanks.

Originally Posted by Stabbey
I don't know what happened to the rune I had installed in the second socket, and there's actually no way for me to find out for sure. frown

It's gone; latest patch nerfed uniques, so it got eaten by the void. RIP!

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
It still has a second rune slot, but the rune slot was "moved" to a new field named RuneSlots_V1.

I don't know how to unlock additional rune slots.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Could you tell me where/how do you check/change unique item stats ?

I remember that the same patch which messed up Mordus amulet, has not changed The Watchers Amulet, at least for me. Maybe if its true, you can compare stats of those two and see how their fields are implemented.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Larian updated unique items in Patch 3, reducing RuneSlots from 3 or 2 to 1 in many cases. To apparently offset these reductions, a new field was added, RuneSlots_V1, with a value of between 1 and 3. But I don't know what RuneSlots_V1 actually does.

But these changes were made only in the .txt files, not the .stats files. You won't be able to view these changes in the editor.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard