Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Okay i want to try my hand at translation but i cant get into the Pak files. i tried Rar winzip and various utilities but i cant get it to work, so if somebody would just get me english text so i can get to translation it would be apreciated, technically i might be able to do it myself but i would propably spent 2-3 weeks just on that.

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible!”
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Norbyte's PAK Extractor is what you need. Although it's written for D:OS EE, it works just fine with OS2's PAKs too.

J'aime le fromage.
journeyman
journeyman
OP ... I've used it myself (not for translations, but to look at a few things out of curiosity) and the PAK extractor is pretty straight forward. Mind you, some of the PAK files will have a LOT of files inside. So you'll need to do some digging through a bunch of folders.

However, you have my respect for considering tackling a project like translation. Especially a game with as much text as DOS2 has.

If you do decide to do it ... perhaps put up a post listing the language you intend to translate to. I'm sure you'll find others on the forum here who will be glad to pitch in and help.

The only problem would be the SIZE of the translation file and legality of distributing it. But I'm sure if the translation was solid enough you could probably work something out with the company.

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
I tried using the converter but it isnt working.
and i have feeling i fucked up,
https://imgur.com/a/ITIxg

i dont know what happened here.
Any advice ?

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible!”
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Something seems to have gone slightly awry as you appear to have overwritten the PAK archive. I'm guessing the best approach is to delete them and to refresh your files (if on Steam, dunno the GOG equivalent).

I've found the extractor's user interface to be a little confusing so I'd recommend copying anything you're working on into a temporary directory and working on it from there.

J'aime le fromage.
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by vometia
I've found the extractor's user interface to be a little confusing so I'd recommend copying anything you're working on into a temporary directory and working on it from there.

What's confusing?

1. Go to the PAK / LSV Tools tab.
2. Click the Package path "..." button and select a PAK file.
3. Click the Destination path "..." button and select an output folder.
4. Click the "Extract Package" button.
5. Wait for the extraction process to complete. Done.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard