Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Roach Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I have been working on a mod for a while now and tried to test it by privately publishing it.

But now that I try to make changes to the story I get this error:

scriptItem has changes but is not writable - This should not be possible!

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hi Roach,

the Story Editor does not allow saving to script items that exist in .pak files. Try deleting the .pak file that was created when you published the mod.

addict
addict
Where is this .pak located please ? I have huge, boring, annoying, mind blowing, ragequit inducing save issues right now.
like a
Failed to delete script item blah. It is not writable!

thanks in advance.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
R
Roach Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
i can get around the problem by editing the text file directly but I don't think it is how it should be.

R
Roach Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Oh didn't see the post above I will try that then.

But how would I then be able to update the mod I published on steam? More over I actually see no option to update a mod to a newer version.

Though when I tried it did seem to simply overwrite my old file so I suppose it does work it just doesn't give me any warning or option.

Also Cromcrom i assume it is this file: steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\Data\Public\[YourMod]Package

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by Roach
But how would I then be able to update the mod I published on steam? More over I actually see no option to update a mod to a newer version.

You just publish again, and the Workshop updates the mod to the new version.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I had this happen to me and deleting the PAK worked. However after the big new patch today where both game and the engine were updated, I get this error again and deleting the PAK no longer solves the issue.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Edit: It seems that re-publishing the mod and then deleting that new PAK seems to have fixed it?

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Anyone know where the Pak file is located? I have this problem and can't find any pak file relevant to my mod. I only published locally.

T
addict
addict
T
It's in My Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\Local Mods

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Thanks, Tinkerer!

R
Roach Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Deleting the PAK file at My Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\Local Mods did not solve the problem for me :S

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
You also have to delete it from the regular mods folder if it is there. Basically delete all .pak files of your mod anywhere near a Larian folder wink

stranger
stranger
I am having this same issue as well!

And deleting the .pak also seemed to do nothing.

Originally Posted by Reltzu
You also have to delete it from the regular mods folder if it is there. Basically delete all .pak files of your mod anywhere near a Larian folder wink

How would I be able to find other .pak files? Could they be located somewhere else?

stranger
stranger
So I fixed it?

Apparently just deleting ALL my mods worked. But what is strange is when I load up the launcher I get errors that say the launcher couldn't find the mods..

So, even though my level never uses one of those mods the launcher uses them? That's kinda odd.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard