Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
monzua Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi as far as i understood SetAnimationOverride should enable Looping animations but for me it only Plays Animation onces. Anything I missed during implementation?

Based on the wiki:
"Starts the looping animation simple name _Animation on _CHARACTER"

- The char doesnt do anything else which could interrupt it.

thx!

T
addict
addict
T
Which animation are you using? Note that it will not turn any animation into a looping animation; the animation itself has to be a loop already (its name ends in "Loop", or a comment https://docs.larian.game/Standard_Character_Animations identifies it as a loop).

M
monzua Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well based on that only "Customs Self Loopings" or "Comment Looping" would work right? I wanted a Human to work as "Blacksmith_01" so Player can observe an NPC working as a blacksmith. Looping that would have been awesome.

Last edited by monzua; 15/10/17 05:55 PM.
T
addict
addict
T
Correct, only those looping animations will loop.

You will have to occasionally restart playing the blacksmith animation. In general, things look better anyway when NPCs also walk around to other places and play different animations there.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
@Monzua - you could also make a copy of that Blacksmith animation and check the looping flag on it and then use that copy.

EDIT: oops I meant edit a copy of the original root blacksmith animation (not just make a new version of it). You can of course make a completely new copy/version, but then none of the hero or other meshes will reference that new animation name... which then I guess you could also technically alter the root characters to reference your new name, but that's probably not a good idea and certainly not good for compatibility with other mods, etc.

Last edited by JRavens; 16/10/17 12:41 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard