Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Scrye Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
So I would like to make a mask of the shapeshifter for my original character. Everything I've read says to combine a source point with flayed faces. I have the face skins. I have source points. I still can't craft it. What am I missing? The crafting specifically says source orb, but I haven't seen those in game. I've only ever gotten source from pools or using purging wands.

Can anyone give me some insight as to what I'm doing wrong?

addict
addict
I'm guessing they're even further in the game you're at. I just got done with Act 1 and I still haven't seen those, so maybe Act 2+ stuff. Only a guess by me.

stranger
stranger
Just kill the Witch, I can't remember her name. Loot her body and you'll find the Mask of the Shapeshifter.

She is the one who uses source magic to bursts the ship on the beginning of game.

She is located near the beach on upper-middle part of map.

However, source orb can buy in Act II.

Sorry for my English. It's not my native language.

stranger
stranger
i'm confused why we even need to craft it if the witch drops it? (i guess if one didn't find her in act I?) Is the one crafted better? stats? With no stats why would i want to use it anyway?

A
A
Originally Posted by Zurv
i'm confused why we even need to craft it if the witch drops it? (i guess if one didn't find her in act I?) Is the one crafted better? stats? With no stats why would i want to use it anyway?

it has no stats but allows you to complete quests you otherwise wouldnt be able to by being another race.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Originally Posted by Zurv

the witch one doesnt work if you take it off, but if you craft a mask your disguise and traits stays on even if you swap back your proper helmet.

stranger
stranger
So i finally got around to make another one and yes.. there is no point to make it.
There is no diff between the one you get off the witch and the newer one (other than the newer one is the item level of when you crafted it.)
Like with the other one, when you take it off the you become undead looking again.

i don't get the point of this then. Maybe if one missed the witch?

veteran
veteran
Every character can use the mask, not only undeads, if I'm not mistaken, also you could have more than one undead in team?

J
stranger
stranger
J
[quote=Scrye]So I would like to make a mask of the shapeshifter for my original character. Everything I've read says to combine a source point with flayed faces. I have the face skins. I have source points. I still can't craft it. What am I missing? The crafting specifically says source orb, but I haven't seen those in game. I've only ever gotten source from pools or using purging wands.

Can anyone give me some insight as to what I'm doing wrong? [/quote]
[quote=Scrye]So I would like to make a mask of the shapeshifter for my original character. Everything I've read says to combine a source point with flayed faces. I have the face skins. I have source points. I still can't craft it. What am I missing? The crafting specifically says source orb, but I haven't seen those in game. I've only ever gotten source from pools or using purging wands.

Can anyone give me some insight as to what I'm doing wrong? [/quote]

I still think im the only person who knows this i posted on the steam forum about it but you can get zanes mask at the very start of the game. I made a video on my youtube channel showing how to do it but with any origin char but fane, simply walk up to him on the deck were he is in elf disguise(not on lower deck when hes in skeleton form) walk up an attack him loot mask its that simple. heres a link to a video i mad showing how to do it https://youtu.be/7AQ8V3g4QmQ

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard