Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
GM mode is a great thing, but I think most of the guys here will agree that there's a lot of features that either not implemented or requires more complexity. Wish lists are very long: controlling multiple NPCs, export/import player characters, more and bigger maps, more creatures & decorations and their customizations and many many more. Even if developers would like to implement only the most important ones, it would require a significant amount of time and money with zero profit in return, so that's most likely won't happen.
Some of this features could be done by modders - there's a lot of maps, monsters, animations and decorations from the campaign could be found in the workshop. The problem is that most of them are very buggy and the map quality can't be compared to the ones came out of the box.
That's why I suggest developers to release a DLC with more content for GM mode - new maps, requested features, etc. I think there would be a lot of guys who would spend a money on something like this, including myself.

Last edited by JetNLoad; 23/10/17 11:39 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I just partially agree on this.

There are already maps released that's qualitiy can compete with the out of the box maps imho.

Have some patience and more features will eventually be implemented. Right now the focus is naturally on fixing bugs and increasing the experience of the main campaign. This game seems to be even more successful as Larian was expecting, and if they see GM Mode players are present and keep asking for features I am pretty optimistic they will see the long term potential of this and keep improving the GM Mode. Let us be patient.
Having a longer life spawn of that game including niche players who mainly purchase the game for its GM Mode feature does not mean "Zero profit in return"

For a flourishing modding community I do see the cultural significance of free mods.

On the other side i remember buying two addons of NWN2 mainly for the assets. Never played the campaigns. So personally I totally would like to have an Asset, Map, Feature DLC (maybe even some cooperation with WotC !!)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Not to promote DLC or anything, but I'd buy any DLC that would add content/assets or even functionality to the GM Mode ((or editor) laugh

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
I'd definitely be down to buy DLCs for additional GM assets, assuming their appropriately priced that is.

I'd definitely pay for 6 players + 1 GM support too.

Last edited by Ghatt; 25/10/17 03:59 PM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
I have been buying modules for Pen & Paper for years so I wouldn't mind at all as long my players don't have to buy it. Nothing like a game killer when you build an adventure and some random strangers get hit with a paywall.

Game Master from the heart hehe
R
stranger
stranger
R
I wouldn't even mind seeing a GM focused kickstarter. That way Larian can (safely) test the waters to see if there is enough interest. I'd definitely support it.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Can we keep it to patches updates and free user mods.

I want GM mode to grow and feel its not ready yet either. Doesn't mean I feel like we need to talk about paying more money for it to work to its full potential.

Lets talk about a game like Mount and Blade: Warband. That game is not new by any stretch. It has been around for years and still sells new copies consistently. All because of the efforts of the developers to make the game as mod friendly as possible. To make the editors as easy as possible and to continually update and patch it. Mods are what keep that game alive and get sales for the developer and they are all free.

My point is.. GM mode for this game is point that will keep this game selling long after people are done with the SP game. If Larian wanted to create the best longevity for the game it can, then they would focus on expanding GM mode and making the editors even easier and making modding even more compatible and flexible. Any time and effort they put into GM mode WILL be worth it for them as you still need to buy a full price AAA game to use it. I promise you there are many people out there that just want a good GM mode game and could care less about single player.

Larian doesn't need more money for extra maps or emotes etc. that should have been included anyways. In fact, if they do NOT make these additions or at the very least make it easy for modders to do it then GM mode will fail and the longevity and exposure of the whole game will suffer.

TL;DR - Its in their own interests to keep making free patches and additions. Lets not be so quick to shell out money for a mode that is not even fully finished yet IMO.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard