Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Gurubu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
You never figure out what Malady's problem is even upon completion (there's brief mention of it in the credits and when speaking to her). Anyone have any ideas or is it just an unknown

Last edited by vometia; 28/10/17 06:49 AM. Reason: formatting
W
W
it is most likely a setup for an expansion

For everyone else who wonder the same question and didn't get the answer during their playthrough : Malady, sometime in the past, made a deal with some very bad and powerful entity and now she wants out of it, so in Divinity : Original Sin 2 she tries to find someone capable who can help her to break the deal or at least protect her from consequences. She believes that protagonist (the player) has potential to become this person, especially if will become a Divine. So basicaly her goal is to set the player on this path.

What conditions of the deal? We don't know yet. With whom Malady made it? Someone or something even more powerfull than Adramahlikh, if even he/she/it couldn't or wouldn't break the deal. Personaly I think that candidacy of Damian is too much red herring and so far-fetched, but Larian probably will go with it. Maybe arch-demon Asmodheus would fit on this role and also will connect some dots with BD, but I don't think that Larian would choose this variant. Only Tree of Insight knows.

Last edited by Soccer; 04/01/20 03:28 PM.
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Why not just give her the swornbreaker (I think that is what it is called - the thing everyone seems to want to break free of a magical agreement)?

Originally Posted by caninelegion
Why not just give her the swornbreaker (I think that is what it is called - the thing everyone seems to want to break free of a magical agreement)?

Swornbreaker works only for those who made the pact and sworn to the God King (swornbreaker), not with the demons, Lord of Chaos or maybe something even worse.

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
Given Malady was looking to talk to the Advocate on Bloodmoon Isle, guessing at a pact with a powerful demon seems quite believable.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard