Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
stranger
stranger
K
Hi. My friend and I are also having this problem in our multiplayer game. Act 1 went perfectly fine with no issues. However, when we got to act 2 the time it takes to save suddenly spiked. It during any save or autosave the game freezes for about 2 minutes before resuming. The worst part about this is that about half the time he gets disconnected because of it, which then he has to suffer through some long load times to get back into the game. I imagine you all are already aware of the problem, just throwing my voice out there as well. Here is to hoping that it will be fixed in the next patch. Thanks for making a great game, Larian. We have had a blast with it so far.

Last edited by Kientin; 22/10/17 06:47 AM.
Y
apprentice
apprentice
Y
Still no reply from Larian Support... BUMP
Can you change this: Computer says no? Get help here! to: Larian's Software says no? Dont get your hopes up, but you might get help here!

Last edited by Yuri Lowell; 27/10/17 06:30 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
I'm also having this problem. It is unplayable.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Bump

M
stranger
stranger
M
Bump. Just an aknowledgement would be good.

apprentice
apprentice
Why is the size of the saves "A Problem", as far as I can tell everybodies saves are around
6 to 7 MB in Fort Joy
10 to 12 MB in Reapers Coast

I fail to see why you'd ever consider save size increase as you progress, and inventory increases as any sort of problem.

Larian are aware of Long Loading time issues, but for most of us that's mod related.
Adding, or removing mods can vasly increase the first loading time, as the game needs to rebuild each time, and the bigger the size, and number of mods used, the longer it takes.

Whilst I'm not saying that's your issue, you should be aware of it.
As far as I can tell, this threads ignored, because it's mainly about the savefile sixe.
That's not a problem, or a bug, it's normal for this game, we all have the same sizes of saves.

If you do have other issues, post about those issues outside this thread, ignore the savefile size.
If you find a thread that's about your actual problem, post there, or start a new topic.
Make it about what your problem actually is, and you may get somewhere.

Y
apprentice
apprentice
Y
Larian being aware, doesn't mean much if they don't make a post about or something like that. It is not mod related or at least from what I was told in email support, it is bad memory optimization and other hardware optimization problems, which are leading to long loading times.

To me its pretty obvious the problem is the loading times, from reading what he said. It doesn't matter if he thinks it has anything to do with the size of the savegames. Also they ignore every technical problems thread and use it as a bug dump list. So they can pin point the bugs, so you don't get direct help on that forum, even if you make a "better" post.

I mean, you make it sound like him not being very clear and maybe not being fluent in english he should not get help or expect help. Pretty harsh

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Uhuru NUru
Why is the size of the saves "A Problem", as far as I can tell everybodies saves are around
6 to 7 MB in Fort Joy
10 to 12 MB in Reapers Coast

I fail to see why you'd ever consider save size increase as you progress, and inventory increases as any sort of problem.

The savesizes increase not because of inventory, but, as I stated before, it keeps a copy of every map in your savegame.
I'm at Arx now and I can clearly as day see it has full Reaper Coast, Nameless Isle and Fort Joy in my savegame, which is SAVES and LOADS each and every time. Can you start seeing where the extreme rise in loading and saving times when the game continues comes from?

I don't understand why this is done. You cannot return. All "choices" should be in a seperate few kb file with booleans and strings, not a whole copy of the map needs to be included. They DEFINITELY need to purge non-returnable areas from saves.

It's 15-16MB on Nameless Isle, 20MB on Axe by now. Per savegame. Some compression is done, but here's how a savegame is made up for me, courtesy of the "Levelcache" folder;
Arx; 11,7MB
cos_aoto_itemtransfertemplate; Dunno what that is, 120kb though.
Nameless Isle: 3,8MB
Nameless Isle finale; 200kb
Fort Joy; 6,3MB
4 Decks of Vengeance (these are the only ones who definitely need no purging); 500kb
Reaper Cost; 13.4MB
Tutorial: 500kb

Stuff that needs to be purged to seriously speed up saving and loading times; Nameless Isle, Fort Joy, Reaper Cost, Tutorial. 24,2MB of stuff gone, 12,3MB of stuff left. Improving saving performance by about 200%
Larian are aware of Long Loading time issues, but for most of us that's mod related.

As you can see, it's not mod-related. They just bloat savegames. No good reason really seeing you can't return there, so no need to store it.

As far as I can tell, this threads ignored, because it's mainly about the savefile sixe.

Except that's the whole cause it's taking so long to save and load. Reduce the size, by purging non-entities at that point in the game, and saving and loading goes faster, taking less memory while doing so. It's like saying "this car fix topic is being ignored, since you just talk about having no tires."
That's not a problem, or a bug, it's normal for this game, we all have the same sizes of saves.

And now you know why. And why that's an issue. And why it is so memory-intensive on save and load. And why this process slows down considerably over the course of the game (hint; it's not your inventory size).

If you do have other issues, post about those issues outside this thread, ignore the savefile size.

"If you have issues with memory usage, complain about something ELSE than the cause please."
Me: No.

If you find a thread that's about your actual problem, post there, or start a new topic.

I found it, and I'm posting in it. And so far it seems there's only one person here who doesn't understand the problem. That person being you.

Make it about what your problem actually is, and you may get somewhere.

The problem is savegames are bloated with inexeccesable content that still gets saved and loaded regardless, making memory-usage far higher than needed if it stuck to the essentials; current game area, choices, and character data (inventory, stats etc.).

T
stranger
stranger
T
I'm glad I found this post. Since last week, my game will not load into Reapers Coast and crashes when it's about 75% loaded.

I have no mods and my save file is about 12mb. I've tried about 2 dozen fixes and nothing works. This is absolutely ridiculous and on top of that, I've found about 100 topics online on various forums of desperate customers like me looking for a fix with no real solution.

Maybe they should have put in their tool tips to 'Save a max of 10 times' if this was such a game breaking issue. I CANNOT PLAY YOUR GAME ANYMORE AND I'M 82 HOURS IN.

veteran
veteran
How much memory do you have?
I notice people on page 1 have 4GB, and I can still play but the game "hangs" for around 30s-1m when saving, probably since I got 16GB though.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I have 8gb of memory and my saves would only hang for about 10 seconds when saving.

I didn't change anything and the game just became unplayable.

Not sure if this will help but I checked the event viewer of the crash and got this:
EoCApp.exe
59fc616b
VCRUNTIME140.dll
57bfd5ab
c0000005
000000000000c5b3
193c
01d35c1badfdf8cb
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\bin\EoCApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
bb41f498-19a1-43a3-b2ca-29f3bd5f1928

I think it's attributed to VCRUNTIME140.dll which is in the system 32 folder

E
E
Sorry don't have an issue but thought I'd just confirm - I have 32GB RAM and 3 SSDs in RAID. Loading times are a LOT slower in Act 2 than they were in Act 1. At least I can read stuff on the loading screen now but it would be good if it was faster.

Hear ye, hear ye! Bishop Alexander was slain by seagulls! Culprits still at large!
T
stranger
stranger
T
Bump - Anyone find a fix for this yet?? Larian has my save file and has confirmed it's 'corrupted' but it falls into this same issue.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard