Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Well, looks like it's done with Reaper's Coast for now. Thankfully due to the walkthrough shown for "Mother's Nightmare" I got quite some things done here. A few more questions remain, but those are being asked right now, hopefully having an answer before my next session. But yeah, for a game with so many options quests usually revolve around one very specific requirement, usually vague. Had to get specific spells for the Elven Trial (laser ray), dunno how anyone could figure the Possessed Dwarf out by themselves, had no clue for a puzzle and was supposed to use Spirit Vision (didn't have it back then) but there were also no bodies to clue in Spirit Vision, it was just *there* like the bloodmoon island bridge. That kind of stuff. Also while everyone offers Source training despite being at 3 source Hannag oddly does not. Having said all that, aside from 2 certain encounters (Witch and Godwoken Lizard Demon) I've had fun. Lots of teleporting in the end to mop up the loose corners though.

Final suggestions, comments etcetera noted down for Reaper's Coast:
*I've had it a few times, but the Harbinger of Doom's hitbox is the limit; moving corpses. It's really annoying having to skip loot since you can't select it.
*It's fairly easy getting magical armor for a physical combatant with a necklace and 2 ring slots, but mages only have the belt slot to truly get physical resistance. Getting them killed fairly easily by physical foes.
*Same as before "The Advocate" and "Hunter of Wicked Things" seem like they could be solidified into one quest.
*More seemingly quests that literally could be sollidified in Act II; "The Forgotten and the Damned", "Delusions of Grandeur", "Bound By Pain", "The Silent One" (the last 3 even literally copy+pasting SEVERAL entries). It's funny how each MINOR character gets a quest entry here, but in Driftwood, reading the board and finding the MAIN QUEST important NPC's it just gets stuffed into one questentry. I definitely would have switched that around.
*And more; "The secret of bloodmoon island" and "the druid" have pretty much 100% overlap aswell. Why does this island have so many quests for so few items?
*Bloodmone island, near 3 unmarked graves, Ifan spotted something. A coin pouch. Digging it up... 3 *whole* coins. Wow! Is it intended to be that much of a letdown? It appears it's even the reward for the difficult saving of the Possessed Dwarf. Really?
*Why does the unfinished vault of Bloodmoon Island have an auto-save too?
*That possessed dwarf fight is a pain. Most of all all the lost consumables taken when possesed. Oddly enough the summon of my Red Prince that was gotten through a scroll was friendly too? That fight was so confusing, and once it was over 3 teammates died due to being brought close to death to fight smirk
*7225XP is a little low for the Advocate? His dogs give that much. His cronies 14K (Eyren, Chytilcia), 29K (Aph-ka).
*Inner Demon skill doesn't have a summoning level requirement? All other skills do.
*Kill level 18 troll, get level 12 questrewards smirk. Oh well, atleast the troll had a lvl 18 ring.
*Well, "Treated like Cattle" ended... dissapointing (killed Alice).
*The witches' exploding rats leave no bodies?
*"The Aeteran" quest entry (story so far) doesn't mention Aetera's stuff? (her own quest does though)
*Uniques you can't sell, and I don't see *why*: Livewood shield, Band of Braccus, Lone Wolf Mark, Spear of Foes, Captain's Compass, Jonathan's Ring, Mordus' Amulet (okay, I can kinda understand THAT one, till the quest is over), Hannag's Ring.

veteran
veteran
Actually several summoning-class skills have no requirement for Summoner, but usually because you don't have a choice about who can learn them.

Treated Like Cattle is somewhat bugged in that the key to ALice's cellar is found on her body, but if you kill her, you can't complete the quest. You need to lockpick the cellar.

Mordus's amulet is also a key, as well as a quest item. Lone Wolf Mark is also a quest item, I believe.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The suggestionslist didn't get near enough entries as the buglist, so this has been collecting over quite some time and quite a few sessions. But feel like dumping it now;

*Delores is level 9??? (That while he apparently wields a lvl 18 bow).
**Either I missed it on Sheila, it's a new addition, or Delores got it but Sheila doesn't but Delores has 3 Source slots. No Source spells. And is, well, a Magister. It doesn't really make sense for him to consume Source.
*Just want to make clear the Imp Plane really sucks and I just went and got a walkthrough since "screw this" trying to find the actual sollution running around at 50% trying to find tiny things on the floor. And the sollution involved going allllllll the way back SLOW-MO. Screw that indeed.
*No wonder the gods are dying. They let a simple shapeshifter mask fool them at the altars.
*Portrait of a Woman (Sallow Man's loot) is sure heavy for such a tiny painting.
*I saw another topic saying "boost" is super-vague and I agree. Got several +boost and -boost from the teachers in the Academy and they should have a proper name.
*Well, I did not expect the Arena battle to also be the end of the Nameless Isle. Didn't even find the second part of the Swornbreaker smirk. Oh well, don't really want to replay that segment again too.
*For the love of my inventory; make books stack if not doing the library on Vengeance thing. So many many same books that are so much work to properly identify and move around smirk
*Sometimes you find corpses with names (like near the traumatised sheep in Driftwood or Citizen Jak in Arx) which you assume mean something, like a spirit... but... nothing?
*So I kept Griff's team alive in Fort Joy for Butter and then find the resolution in Arx is... poor. Not even a spirit to talk to? Lame Larian smirk
*Can't we just automatically give cat the items. Rather than the slow ardious task of manually finding the stuff back in your inventory with long pauses as the trading menu always has?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard