Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
stranger
stranger
C
Kraken achiev. seems to be bugged for me also, or I am doing something wrong.

On my tactician/honor play through in the final fight I literally killed the kraken 5 times and got nothing. Is there something special you have to do for the achiev. or just kick his ass like I did 5 times?

B
stranger
stranger
B
I have Chosen, Puritan's Walk, An Apple A Day, and a Song Unsung. The Beast and other Sebille achievements are definitely broken, though, and I'm not even sure The One and Deicide exist.

stranger
stranger
I'm playing GOG version of the game, which might have its own issues. Keep that in mind.

As for me:
1) Divine (achievement for completing game in Tactician mode) - I didn't receive it, maybe because of respecing character
2) Fane related achievements are somewhat broken - I was able to unlock both of them only after using Swornbreaker to break Covenant oath.
3) Sebille achievements, but only those related to Mother Tree (killing Shadow Prince worked fine, I played as Sebille); Beast achievements.
4) An Apple Day worked fine for me, same for Puritan's Walk (I used henchman to get it) and Chosen (I used persuasion options during dialogue)
5) I think it doesn't make sense that to unlock Ifan achievements you need to specifically play as him.

Achievements broken in other way (aka, I get them without reason):
1) Red Prince (All-Father, Life-Shaper and A Dream Undone) - I received both of them, without having Red Prince in party (in fact, he was long dead).
2) Kraken - received it without dealing even 1 point of damage to Kraken.

Last edited by Solostran; 26/10/17 05:34 PM.

Was it really me?
veteran
veteran
Well, got the issue too with "The Seven Altars". Got them all, it's at 5/7. I did use Ifan for Rhalic and transformed into a dwarf for Duron, so I guess those are counted against it? That's just... weird.

veteran
veteran
I've interacted with the Rhalic altar, now it's 6/7. Went around all other altars aswell, but even using all of them it stays at 6 as final smirk

stranger
stranger
I didn't get the Seven Altars one either and I'm playing solo. I prayed in all of them and granting the gods wishes as Lohse... I thought it was because I used Sebille to pray at the Elven Altar and after that the altar wouldn't say anything to Lohse OR because after I killed the Master (got that achievement) I accidently found the secret entrance to the Academy (I entered the tunnel, tried to open the door and noticed my companions had to be persuaded and got the achievement discovering the entry, so I reloaded to the point before I clicked on the door and went back outside the secret entrance) and perhaps that broke things, because I killed the Mother with Sebille and didn't get the achievement, entered the Academy through the front door and didn't get the achievement, conviced my party members to support me with persuasion and didn't get the achievement, conviced Alexandar to support me and didn't get that achievement, entered and escaped the Arena of the One (both of them) and didn't get the achievement...

When I found out I missed so many achievements, the next day I renounced to my progress and reloaded to the point just before entering the Academy throught the front door. I conviced my party and entered and BAM got both achievements... I play on GOG, and some weird things have been happening there lately, so perhaps that's the problem for me... Turns out I missed many achievements despite doing unknowingly exactly what you're supposed to do to get them, like Thunders of the Upper Deep, A Good and Faithful Servant and Iniquity Forgiven...

Last edited by LokiTheAnsuz; 09/11/17 09:34 PM.

Loki makes the world more interesting but less safe... He is the father of monsters, the author of woes, the sly god...
Y
Y
But aren't those seven alters the ones from Reaper's Coast? Not the ones from the Nameless Isle?

Anyways. At this point I'd rather Larian devoted the majority of the human power to their next project.

Take it easy guys.

veteran
veteran
The Seven Altars
Pray at every altar on the Nameless Isle
6 / 7

At this point I'd rather Larian devoted the majority of the human power to their next project.

Cause leaving a mess of a game behind and just moving on is always the best course of action, right? Love the game, but their quest (log) design is a MESS, sub-RPG standard, and the armor system absolutely wreaks havoc in balancing, favoring lopsided parties. And they must have designed wits and the initiative system on a drunken party.

Last edited by Hassat Hunter; 10/11/17 04:03 PM.
Y
Y
Dude, I was amazed at how small the team that designed the game was. I think they must have been quite full of it by the end. It certainly shows very well with the 'antagonistic' characters. Having to fix so much now probably does not feel very good. I do agree it's a mess. But I'd rather they moved away from it and learn for the next game. Trying to fix this thing now will be much more work than starting fresh.

stranger
stranger
Lets not derail the conversation, it's about achievements smile

Loki makes the world more interesting but less safe... He is the father of monsters, the author of woes, the sly god...
Y
Y
True. I apologise. Don't feed the troll.(sarcastically points at myself ;D)

Last edited by Yasen; 11/11/17 04:41 PM.
veteran
veteran
I'm a troll now? Wow, just. Wow.
I'm sooooooooorry for seeing the many many flaws in D:OS2. I'll praise unconditional love from now on, and surely hope that D:OS3 features the same armor system and initiative since we praised them all for it... :eyeroll:

And this is coming from the guy who basically said "issues in the game? Just leave them in, abandon the game and work out to shell more money out of gamers with another product, probably similar plagued with issues you can just leave when people paid you."
Since it's all about the quick buck and loosing any faith your clientele has in you till the bubble burst and they're sick of it. Yeah... let's not.

Last edited by Hassat Hunter; 11/11/17 09:29 AM.
Y
Y
I've edited my post, man. Take it easy.

stranger
stranger
Now I can confirm "An Apple a Day" is bugged for me as well...

veteran
veteran
I've gotten that just a couple days ago (along with "Doctor: Heal Thyself").

stranger
stranger
Only Heal Thyself triggered for me. I weakened the doctor and all... Perhaps it's because Lohse is the main character...

veteran
veteran
Could be, she's a NPC for me. Did also weaken the doctor.
Did you kill him in Demon form or human form (I did demon form).

stranger
stranger
I also weakened the doctor, he had -50% everything. And I reloaded to a point before talking to him for the first time several times, restarting GOG and everything; but every single time he transforms into demon form as soon as the battle starts... is that supposed to happen?

He always goes first and transforms, then he proceeds to use scrolls and potions. I don't buy his stuff before the battle starts... It's also worth noting that all of the times I killed him except one (the last time I killed him), his entire vendor inventory drops =0

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Doctor isn't a problem. Nor are the nurses. It is those other Nemesis buggers that always get me.

How come they run so fast? They are big and fat so they should lumber around but no - they scurry like cockroaches. Then hit you really hard. Yuck.

stranger
stranger
Nemesis? I didn't see anything like that in my encounters with the Doctor. Just the demon himself and the nurses... Perhaps I killed him too fast? (2 rounds every time, additional 2 rounds for cleaning up the nurses)... I'm starting to feel I did things wrong...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard