Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
A little status update!

Playtesting is hopefully starting around Christmas holidays, and we'll also be revisiting some old faces in one of the main quests smile

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by The Composer; 04/11/17 03:07 AM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
November 8th Update! horsey

We've had quite a bit of progress since last update, I'll just write up a feature list here and include some visuals.

â–¶ New Areas

Fort Joy Isles
Explore various islands and points of interest around Fort Joy. Several quests, secrets and treasures to be found. But as all pirates should know, where there's treasure, there's danger.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Elven Homestead (By Skumleren, Work In Progress)
Can't describe this without spoiling quite a bit of story.

[Linked Image]

Big New Feature!

Roam the High Seas
No teleports, no mumbo jumbo, just you and your crew taking to the high seas. Make Beast a happy Dwarf, bring him on an afternoon of pirate shenanigans and treasure hunting around Fort Joy Isles during Episode 1!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

old hand
old hand
Beautiful stuff there, Composer. This project is looking really good, great progress!

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
stranger
stranger
Come on, I know you have the finished version, dont post wip that put me to shame :> it is like showing pictures of me in my underwear.

[Linked Image]

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Whaat, no... Those are the most recent I found (albeit I knew there was more progress on them!). I think you showed me the more finalized version over screenshare...? think opa

G
stranger
stranger
G
Gorgeous!

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thanks Garret smile!

Here's a better view of player sailing in action, along with a few pictures from the lower deck!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by The Composer; 12/11/17 01:59 AM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The player sailing mechanics are more or less finished!

Ship Portrait
[Linked Image]

Revisiting The Wavedancer[Linked Image]

Some more detail work progress around the islands[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The first harbor you're likely to dock at once obtaining your ship

[Linked Image]

T
stranger
stranger
T
Damn, and I was wondering what you have been doing all week :)
Revisiting The Wavedancer is like screenshot of some pirate movie.
Ship portrait with sun in the background looks cool.
Great, keep up the good work.

enthusiast
enthusiast
This is just stunning.

*morez is now stunned*

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thanks you two! Putting an effort to push towards playtesting for Episode 1 soon, albeit still waiting for word from Larian regarding Instance painting and when a patch will come to fix that. TL;DR is if you paint bushes/grass etc on a map, intending to use this map as a level template to be added to a main level later, the instances will not follow. I'd rather wait for a patch to fix this rather than paint land 4x size of Fort Joy with instances twice.

Meanwhile, I've been working on new areas within Fort Joy itself, hidden away with stuff to explore of which I won't say, and should also help with making a new playthrough with the mod feel like a new experience cheer

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

old hand
old hand
You've got a bucket load of creative ideas going there, Composer. Count me in for playtesting!

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Count yourself counted in! 😄

I've published the first small collection of GM Mode Maps in a separate mod now, as I've decided to have the promised GM content in a separate mod for multiple reasons. Mostly for cleanliness and freedom of choice of what interests people.

It can be seen at Steam Workshop | Nexus

Though, I believe Nexus may need some time to verify it for downloads to be possible (?).

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

enthusiast
enthusiast
Awesome work Composer! Can't wait to play this.

Please tell me that when we finally get custom sound support, we'll get to listen to sea shanties when sailing around. grin

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by LaughingLeader
Awesome work Composer! Can't wait to play this.

Please tell me that when we finally get custom sound support, we'll get to listen to sea shanties when sailing around. grin

Hell yeah! May even do a community pirate chant similar to as Hans Zimmer did with Bane's chant in Dark Knight Rises? That'd be kinda epic.

EDIT:
When you overlook one simple proc looping for an infinity... Thought this was hilarious!
[Linked Image]

Last edited by The Composer; 01/12/17 11:38 PM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Another little news update!

• -- Main post has been updated to credit team members, Skumleren and Milena. We recently got Milena onboard the team providing new homemade prefabs and also decorating interiors and levels.
  • -- Dynamic Level Scaling - Enemies around Rivellon now scale near the player's level, based on story and event influence. This should make combat rebalancing and world progression shaping a lot easier, faster and with some extra tweaking options.

Things are starting to really shape up, and that is a very reassuring and exciting feeling. I think I can speak on behalf of the team that we're super eager to open the gates for you sometime soon too! \^^/

[Linked Image]

old hand
old hand
Good news, congrats on the great progress. Exciting!

claphands

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
addict
addict
And I think I speak on behalf of Larian if I thank you all for working so hard on this and as a community as a whole. smile Keep up the good work, we're all excited!

CTRL+K the elf
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
It's been a while since last update. I've had a surgery since last update, hence the quieter presence on most platforms as I've spent time recovering. Still got some work done though!

Sorting out one of the final locations for Episode 1, I will refrain from explaining context of where it fits in, but it's quite a unique location, one of the lore-heavy moments providing more depth to one of the new storylines.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

M
stranger
stranger
M
holy damn this looks awesome. you guys have a patreon or anything?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard