Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
I've read that once Ego Draconis is finished, Dragon Knight Saga (DKS) automatically begins. If true, do we keep our built up character or is it a fresh start like clicking on DKS after "new game"?

EDIT: another quick question (with a hopefully easy answer): in the secret passage there is a secret room with a skill book. I found the way in but, on the map, it looks like it can be entered from the opposite direction (towards the burnt out chapel entrance). I've already been there so it really doesn't matter; just wondering if that is possible.

Last edited by caninelegion; 16/01/18 07:27 AM.
Support
Support

DKS is a remastered version of D2:ED plus the add-on Flames of Vengeance; the Developer's Cut adds an optional 'Developer Mode' cheat window. If you start a new D2:ED character in DKS/D2:DC, there will be a seamless transition from the end of the D2:ED section into the FoV section.

In the secret passage, there is only one way into the room, but you can get there from the destroyed chapel entrance, after rescuing (or witnessing the rescue of) Martis.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Well, I'm on my third character and I finally made it to the "Flames of Vengeance" area. From this point on, I suppose I should be using the FoV area if I have questions, correct?

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I guess: you're more likely to find relevant information there, and of course I'll refuse to answer if you ask a question in the wrong section because that would just be incorrect. biggrin

J'aime le fromage.
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Originally Posted by vometia
I guess: you're more likely to find relevant information there, and of course I'll refuse to answer if you ask a question in the wrong section because that would just be incorrect. biggrin

Well, I still have the ranger and warrior characters that I got stuck with and didn't yet return to. All jokes aside, it seems that with the DC out there that it would make sense to combine the two into one. Probably a lot of work though for little gain.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
How about this? In one location, there is a patch of "rotten earthroot". I assume not but, is there a use for this likely fowl smelling stuff?

EDIT: one more thing of a mechanical nature I was wondering: can non-passive skills be used if they are not placed in the hot button area (numbers 1-8)? So far, I haven't found a way.

Last edited by caninelegion; 11/03/18 02:42 AM.
Support
Support

If you mindread Sam in the shipwreck camp you can give him some of the rotten earth root, but that causes him to raise his prices. There aren't any other patches of the rotten variety, and AFAIK they can not be used for anything else.

You can use active skills not on the skillbar if you pause the game (Enter), open the Item and Skill List, switch to the Skills tab, if required, and select the applicable skill. Depending on the skill, you must then select the target (left click on the opponent: the mouse cursor will change from a pointer to targeting reticle on mouse-over).
Items can also be used this way, so slots can be freed up if you remove things like healing potions and the crystal skull, and pause the game when you you need to use them.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Darn; would have been fun to see Sam's reaction but this is my last playthrough and the island is covered in poison gas.

That is good to know (re:skills use)! It hasn't been an issue but. this time, playing a jack of all trades, it has been. I did try selecting the skill as you described but when it came up as what appeared to be just information about the skill, I didn't try targeting and right click just killed the action.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard