Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
M
stranger
stranger
M
For me, the biggest thing would be adding dialogue right on NPCs, so players can talk to them. I know DM Mode is supposed to be "D&D" like, but screw that, this is a video game. I can manually do whatever effects come from a convo, but to pre-setup conversations and responses, right in game, would be epic (not the Vignettes, they're kind of annoying).

E
stranger
stranger
E
*Emotes for NPCs: specifically i want dummy attacks. I want to be able to make people look like they are fighting without actually entering combat. Also idle animation type stuff for towns, villages and markets etc.

*Ability to select and move multiple characters at once and to set basic pathing/patrols (if for nothing else but immersion)

*Ability to add custom music files and custom ambient sound files.

*Easy way to import/export player characters to continue new campaigns.

*Easy way for players to enter character creation mid campaign.

*General ease of use stuff such as more ways to randomize loot and inventories etc. in addition to the vendor generation buttons.

F
stranger
stranger
F
There needs to be something like a social hub. If I host a GM Game on US TZ I almost have no trouble to get people to join voice chat. However I am European and there is a problem. Most people are shy to get into voice chat because of their english skills. Most of them have no problem reading and writing but when it comes to voice chat they just leave. I'm german myself so I do understand it. The problem is that leading a campaign through Text chat is harsh and very limited because of the design of the Text Chat.

It would be nice to have several Global Chat options for the different languages to announce that a GM Adventure is starting.

To the community: Back in the days of Neverwinter Nights 1 there was a community run side called neverwinterconnections.com. It would have a schedule where GM would post when, what type and in what language the adventure or campaign would be run. Players would registred themself for the Campaign they wanted to play. It was a marvelous system. Players would know when the Game is going to be and bring enough time and the GM could tweak the adventure before hand knowing what classes the players would play.
Something similar would fit right into DOS:2. Maybe in combination with a discord community server?

Game Master from the heart hehe
stranger
stranger
Just a quick thought. Would be really cool, if GM could assign some kind of visual effect for NPC activation (like a cloud of smoke or teleportation effect). Also more atmosphere choices. :)

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Hi, not sure if these has already metioned but here it goes:

1. The ability to manipulate turns in combat. Currently it is not possible to do so, but in a tabletop this is possible and I think it should not be so difficult to implement.
2. The ability to manipulate the number of APs of each player and NPCs within the combat. There are actions that occur during a GM game that are not part of the mechanics of the game but are possible in a D&D environment such as trying to push an NPC off a bridge or platform and that should cost APs. Currently, the player is asked to make a simple attack on an irrelevant area to spend those used APs trying to push but the GM should be able to manipulate them.
Another aspect of this topic and the first is that when you move, like Game Master, a player while in combat the game automatically repositions him in the order of combat by modifying his initiative which should not happen because sometimes the GM needs to reposition a player or NPC in combat without this involving a change in the order or initiative of combat.
3. The ability for the GM to take control of a player's character, i. e. a PC, and also the ability to give control of one or more NPCs to a player.
Thanks

apprentice
apprentice
PLEASE! Give GM the option to swap colors on Player's gear since there is no dye system. Been requesting mod for it but no replies so please Devs enable it.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
It would be nice if we could update the list or make a new one with the top features people are still asking for.

Fog of war
Adding effects to weapons
Possession just 1 enemy instead of all
GM seeing combat order when not possessing
Scene copy and export
Tie vignette to scene
Character export and import
GM possessing players

D
stranger
stranger
D
I’m sure this has been requested on multiple occasions but I would love the ability to save your GM mode in game progress. Granted, you can easily just start players out at the level they ended their last session on but it still requires everyone to run through the character creation process again and remember the loot they have acquired. It’s sucks up a lot of game time that could otherwise be used playing the campaign.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dawgmeat
I’m sure this has been requested on multiple occasions but I would love the ability to save your GM mode in game progress.
You can and always have been able to save your GM Mode game.

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
I wonder if they mean exporting characters to a new campaign

D
stranger
stranger
D
[quote=Redunzgofasta][quote=Dawgmeat]I’m sure this has been requested on multiple occasions but I would love the ability to save your GM mode in game progress. [/quote] You can and always have been able to save your GM Mode game. [/quote]

That doesn’t appear to be one of my options when I’m running a game. I can save what I’ve built as I’m building it but when I’m actually GMing I don’t have any save buttons.

Hello! I just launched it and confirm that save option is there in Play Mode
https://i.gyazo.com/a9d8b6ce9357259495dead114f2b51dd.jpg

You don't have option only on initial screen when players are selecting their characters.

Rocks fall, everyone dies
G
stranger
stranger
G
With the ability to create beautiful maps, use great looking effects and observe things in a third dimension, D:OS2 has what is takes to be the next great VTT, especially for battle maps. There are just a few things holding it back.

-It needs to be system agnostic.
-The characters on the screen do not need to have their own stats other than movement, weapon range and action points.
-The cursor should always have distance from character, the way it does now in combat mode. Would also be nice to have be able to use the ruler, like in the divinity engine.
-You need more control over initiative order. In general have better control over turn order.
-The GM needs to be able to take control of the players.

There are other things that could make it better, but they could be implemented at a later time (keeping track of hits and conditions, triggering hit graphics on command, better camera functionality LOS indicator and so on) but these are not necessary to get it going. With the above you could use this game rather than Roll20 or Fantasy Grounds. With the number of users they have, this could be very popular with that community.

The way things are now are great for having people make up and play a personalized Divinity 2 game, and everything is very well done. Making great looking maps is fairly easy and a lot of fun. However; if you want to use this to supplement a more classic style RPG, there are just a few things holding it back.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
A lot of us thought this would be a vtt replacement but there are just to many things it is lacking to replace roll 20 or others. It doesn't seem like they are interested in crossing that market and instead as you stated you can basically run your own personal little dos2 game.

There are a handful of things the game does and a handful of things it doesn't do that will keep it from ever making any ground in tje vtt world. They're listed here amd in several specific post around the forums.

Its fine for what it does but a vtt replacement it is not.

G
stranger
stranger
G
I think you may be right. It is a shame. This game has all the assets, they are just not put together in such a way that is usable. This does give me hope though, all the materials are out there, someone will soon put it together. Roll20 and others are not moving toward the next generation of vtt. Someone will come out with a better alternative.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Gondor
I think you may be right. It is a shame. This game has all the assets, they are just not put together in such a way that is usable.

GM Mode is extremely usuable, and on top of that easily modable.
Please remember this is a game and not a VTT, nor does it claim or tries to be one.

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
The main feature I am wanting / waiting on is to possess only one NPC / creature in combat and allow the rest to remain controlled by the AI, while I only am controlling one.

The easiest way to do this would be to have an 'auto-resolve' button that the GM can click while possessing a creature in combat, that causes the AI to determine what moves the creature takes for its turn.

Last edited by Shapeshifter777; 25/01/18 07:03 PM.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter777
The main feature I am wanting / waiting on is to possess only one NPC / creature in combat and allow the rest to remain controlled by the AI, while I only am controlling one.

The easiest way to do this would be to have an 'auto-resolve' button that the GM can click while possessing a creature in combat, that causes the AI to determine what moves the creature takes for its turn.

+9999999

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard