Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#625839 03/10/17 10:03 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I don't see the purpose of this sword in Act III. It's in a cave protected by 4 powerful guardians and the sword itself doesn't seem worth the trouble. I've had better 1 handers in general since the later portions of Act II. The damage is low compared to the enemies you face here and the stats don't seem terribly great either.

The sword could probably use some adjusting. Common street vendors from the previous area sold better stuff overall.

Unless I am missing something, of course.. Is it the bonus to memory? I guess that could be useful in some situations.. Still seems a bit underwhelming. It even only sells for around 600 gold.

EDIT: Seems the point of the sword is actually to be a caster weapon even though it is a sword. But you have to be set up in a specific way for it to be of use it.

Last edited by BoogieMan; 04/10/17 12:05 PM.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
yeah it's pretty bad

i only do that cave for the experience

veteran
veteran
It is the flaw with most uniques, I guess. I had the same experience with Bracchus complete set or Kniles daggers.

We have not progressed that far, so yes, so I have not seen this sword myself, but being in Driftwood now, only Ifans unique crossbow so far can be considered a great unique and this item you get for free, as long as you have Ifan (or use him to just get it, I guess).

Second probably would be probably Bracchus helmet, just because its curse offers kind of a nice freeze immunity.

Migos Ring and the the teleportation gloves are just worthwile because of the free skill they offer.

Justinia's Favour as an honorable mention, being the only gloves granting +1 bartering

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by SleepyBadger
Justinia's Favour as an honorable mention, being the only gloves granting +1 bartering
Especially as you can go and get them immediately on landing if you know where they are.

Gareth's dads dagger for the thieving point is good too. Is that the only +1 thievery weapon? I think so.

There are a few good things dotted around (lots in Arx) - it is just if using them routinely (rather than for specific tasks) they become useless compared to vendor wares once you are past their level.

lx07 #643043 03/03/18 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by lx07
Originally Posted by SleepyBadger
Especially as you can go and get them immediately on landing if you know where they are.

Gareth's dads dagger for the thieving point is good too. Is that the only +1 thievery weapon? I think so.

There are a few good things dotted around (lots in Arx) - it is just if using them routinely (rather than for specific tasks) they become useless compared to vendor wares once you are past their level.

I think it's indeed the only thievery weapon. So getting thievery to 10 is only possible with the dagger, Papa Trash's unique armor, Gloves of Acquisition and a thievery belt. Or to get thievery to 5 with any character.

Given the inability to upgrade items uniques will lose their charm after you level up apart from the above mentioned few utility items and of course Shadow's Eye.

I didn't mind having to invest points into crafting in D:OS1, because it meant creating awesome stuff without having to worry about rebuying items every level. I really miss this in D:OS2.

stranger
stranger

Last edited by Wyse; 12/11/19 09:54 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard