Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#642341 13/02/18 02:36 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Kind of disappointed about Rhodes ---- (could have been an interesting reconciliation)

I know it would have killed balancing but I so wanted to burn out ground troops while a dragon. devil

The dragon flights were great fun.

Wish I could use dragon form to scout rather then drop in on a whole nest of enemies. rpg006

EDIT: Probably not meant this way (or, was it? smile ) but this could be taken in a different, humor endowed way:
Belegar upon defeating you: know one beats master trumps apprentice (master Trump's apprentice - I wonder when "you're fired!" comes up and what Belegar does?)

Thanks Larian. thankyou

EDIT: Curse those black market types! My warrior bought the sword of Abraxos for 51,000 G+ and it just disappeared! How dare they rip me off (so I killed them all)! rpg002

Last edited by caninelegion; 13/02/18 09:04 AM.
caninelegion #642342 13/02/18 02:58 AM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Still, she was turned into a novelty coat stand! I'd hoped to see her return properly at some point; maybe if they do a Divinity 3. Not sure what's the roadmap now that OS2 is done (though I suspect an expansion and/or EE will happen first). Anyway, they can sometimes be quite ruthless with characters, and besides which, Rhodes is unquestionably a zealot, which is the reason everything got a bit messed up for the protagonist in the first place. I think the chances of reconciliation were always zero.

There were a few times I managed to roast people/goblins/whatevs while being a dragon but I'm not sure if that was a glitch. Some of them shot back at me too, the swines!

J'aime le fromage.
vometia #642343 13/02/18 03:05 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Yeah, I was able to roast (was it George?) on the island - nobody defeats <insert name> and he jumped up and hacked at me.

caninelegion #642797 25/02/18 08:25 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Hey, in the zombie Jake area under Madame Eve's, do you suppose that zombie Michael is supposed to be zombie (like in the famous album) Michael Jackson? That voice makes it more clear to me. jawdrop

caninelegion #642820 25/02/18 08:22 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Oh God, I just about asphyxiated myself laughing when Prince Michael appeared, especially when I heard his voice. biggrin

Last edited by vometia; 25/02/18 10:22 PM. Reason: random stealth typo

J'aime le fromage.
caninelegion #642927 28/02/18 01:44 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
I guess I should type these as I go - such small things tend to be forgotten and are, really, unimportant but (and many will be from ED) ----

1. Did anyone notice that when you get the bandit camp porter to leave for a good drunk with Rimmer's Rum, the two bandits who want to leave don't give you their weapons? I could've taken a cheap ax but I think that was random.

2. In the village, the answer to the merchant/Keane controversy should be simple - shoot a rabbit and give it to the merchant - after all, it's not really clear who the aggrieved party is.

3. OK, when exactly does Talana die and the other voice take over. After all, the owner of the other voice couldn't have made my character a dragon knight.

EDIT: 4. Darn nobles! Promised to buy me drinks at the Black Boar but did they? Noooo! smile

Last edited by caninelegion; 28/02/18 05:36 AM.
caninelegion #642932 28/02/18 02:52 AM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Don't know the answers to your questions, but given the powers of the owner of the other voice, I'm assuming that may indeed be the case: I'm guessing Talana may have died before you even reached her.

J'aime le fromage.
vometia #642938 28/02/18 05:38 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
I thought of that but, if you mind read her (Talana or the spoiler), she regrets losing her ax. The voice is in a hurry, always nagging me - just doesn't seem to be in character.

caninelegion #642972 28/02/18 09:35 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I suppose another possibility is that it could be both of them, "the other person" entwining their thoughts with Talana's, learning, influencing and eventually extinguishing, but without a clear cut-off point where it definitely stops being Talana and starts being The Other.

Raze might have a better idea, he tends to notice things and I tend to... well, not.

Edit: though it always occurred to me that when you meet The Other, it's their voice that you heard right from the beginning. Did she and Talana really sound so similar? Okay, I know there weren't many VAs involved, but they could've still made them sound different, at least when you meet The Other in person. I think that's why I assumed that Talana had already died before you found her.

Last edited by vometia; 28/02/18 09:38 PM.

J'aime le fromage.
vometia #642975 01/03/18 01:08 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
I'll have to listen closer next time - I was thinking the crawling Talana had a deeper voice then the in-the-head voice. Probably my imagination, though.

EDIT: 5. Just wondering - if you free the spirits in Maxos' temple by destroying the sole stone, do you have to also fight Lovis in the Hall of Echos?

EDIT: 6. This one is for Vometia (since you are a native speaker and I believe you use this voice): what the heck is the "country girl" voice saying when she has reached 100/100 in carrying capacity and something else is being attempted to be picked up? I can make out "My backpack" but the rest I'm not able to understand.

Last edited by caninelegion; 03/03/18 07:14 AM.
caninelegion #643058 04/03/18 12:17 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Looks like edits don't trigger any visual way of knowing a change was made so I did this (see above) smile .

caninelegion #643060 04/03/18 01:12 AM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by caninelegion
I'll have to listen closer next time - I was thinking the crawling Talana had a deeper voice then the in-the-head voice. Probably my imagination, though.

EDIT: 5. Just wondering - if you free the spirits in Maxos' temple by destroying the sole stone, do you have to also fight Lovis in the Hall of Echos?

EDIT: 6. This one is for Vometia (since you are a native speaker and I believe you use this voice): what the heck is the "country girl" voice saying when she has reached 100/100 in carrying capacity and something else is being attempted to be picked up? I can make out "My backpack" but the rest I'm not able to understand.

Dunno and can't remember respectively. biggrin

My games PC is sleeping at the moment but I'll try it out tomorrow. I don't recall her saying anything I couldn't understand so hopefully this won't be the one exception!

J'aime le fromage.
vometia #643107 05/03/18 05:40 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
OK, how about an opinion question (this came from the fountain in Stone's FF - where different buds yield different results)? Which is better:

1. 4 stat points
2. 1 skill point
3. 5000 EP?

caninelegion #643120 05/03/18 03:24 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
God, now that really is testing my memory; I can't even remember what I got out of the fountain and thought it was a sword or something. I do remember it being upset for some reason and feeling sorry for it. But the distribution of experience or skills or whatevs is definitely Raze's territory, I've always been a bit chaotic and "hope for the best" with my progress, which to be honest hasn't served me well.

My games PC is back online again (needed to replace the CPU cooler) so I'll see if I can coax that mystery comment out of Ms Dormer a bit later.

J'aime le fromage.
vometia #643138 06/03/18 01:17 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
I didn't feel like experimenting with so many possibilities so I cheated smile - http://divinity.wikia.com/wiki/Stone%27s_fortress_greenery

caninelegion #643149 06/03/18 11:18 AM
Support
Support

3) I always assumed it was Talana up to and including the dream scene, and not Talana after that.

5) No.

6) My backpack is full as it is.

Don't take experience; there are respawning opponents you can use if you want XP (limited places in the D2:ED section, multiple in FoV [that are stronger and give more XP]). Either the skill point or 4 stat points would be fine, depending on what your character most needs at the time. I took the skill point, since after level 15 I stopped distributing stat points (at first because I didn't have an obvious need to boost a particular stat, so was holding them in reserve, and then later to keep things interesting [was already playing on nightmare]).

caninelegion #643157 06/03/18 03:42 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'm still going to go with Talana's dying spirit intermingled with Thingy's, starting off as one of them and gradually becoming the other as one died and the other's influence became more dominant. Either that or my other theory that it was always Talana all along, though that admittedly doesn't properly or convincingly address the dragon memories and morphing thing. But either way, I still think that Talana was effectively possessed by her right from the outset.

And boo, you've pre-empted my albeit rather tardy attempt to decipher her accent! Which is a fairly neutral Black Country one so it doesn't really take a lot of deciphering. Actually I did like the amount of Brummie (and thereabouts) accents ED had. And I'm still entertained by that guy you encounter in OS2's Nameless Isle who refers to you as "yow". biggrin

J'aime le fromage.
caninelegion #643185 07/03/18 05:53 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
3) continued: I purposely haven't said what I thought to not influence potential replies and because I haven't really decided. What I note is that Talana say's "let me show you" prior to the in-dragon experience making me think it's still Talana up to that point. I first thought there was a voice difference during that experience though - The voice seems more polished then my perception of Talana's - so I was thinking perhaps the voice took over at that point. With Talana in great pain and dying I'm sure the voice actress was playing that angle and that may be all my perceived difference was.

5) continued: In the one where my transfer to FV froze, I tried destroying the soul stone although I'm not sure if I told Lovis (but he was a no-show). I once tried not giving it to him and he attacked me (but I reverted to a prior save) - that is what made me think he might be there in the first place.

Raze said: "I took the skill point, since after level 15 I stopped distributing stat points (at first because I didn't have an obvious need to boost a particular stat, so was holding them in reserve, and then later to keep things interesting [was already playing on nightmare])."

- now that's really disturbing. I play on what is usually called "normal" and have difficulty issues. Well, I never said I was a particularly skillful game player. smile

Vometia said: "I'm still going to go with Talana's dying spirit intermingled with Thingy's, starting off as one of them and gradually becoming the other as one died and the other's influence became more dominant. Either that or my other theory that it was always Talana all along, though that admittedly doesn't properly or convincingly address the dragon memories and morphing thing. But either way, I still think that Talana was effectively possessed by her right from the outset."

Somewhere it was said that Talana was a lord on par with Oribis and Lovis so I would assume her mind was too developed for a penetration but, then again, Talana was dying so, who knows? Not being in the business I don't know but I assume not a lot of attention is paid to this sort of interpretation detail and that may ne for the better since it allows game players to use their imagination. I would not have thought about the dual mind possibility with Talana - it's intriguing.

caninelegion #643189 07/03/18 07:20 AM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
It is difficult! Before I'd read a handy guide I often struggled even on the easy difficulties. I think I played on normal last time through but that's about as difficult as I can go. I still suspect Ego Draconis (before its revamp into DKS) probably holds the record for me dying the most often.

I wasn't aware of Talana's reputation, though as a dragon knight I figure it speaks for itself, but my thinking was indeed that she was already significantly weakened, enough to have her will and wits hijacked; but the clarity of that thinking is perhaps debatable as I'm not sure how I'd reconcile my other theory that she was already dead with being able to take on her dragon powers, though that is with the assumption that there actually was something and it wasn't just another ruse by the other person. But it's hard to say if the writing and concept were even that in-depth, sometimes they are, sometimes not...

J'aime le fromage.
caninelegion #643216 08/03/18 05:50 AM
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
A bit more info: just noticed during my attempts at completing the transfer to FV that Lucian tells me that it was X, not Talana and that X took the guise of Talana and it was she who showed you a vision of the future. Appears Talana was never there (perhaps, in taking the guise of Talana the ability to create a dragon knight went with it or, in my book more likely, Talana reached your mind while falling to the ground as a dragon, died on impact, and X had a needed lucky break).

Last edited by caninelegion; 08/03/18 05:50 AM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard