Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
One of the ghosts appeared inside the wall.

I tried to teleport elsewhere and come back, tried to reload - did not help.

What exactly do I need to do now?

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
There seemed to be a lot of "wall spawning" (and void spawning) in BD - most of the time I just ignored it but you can't do that. I'm no expert but the only thing that comes to mind is to try going back to a prior save as it appears to me to be a random event so may not happen a second time.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Can't do that either.
This is the bloody Main Quest of Act 3, and there's fat chance I'd replay a week worth of gaming for a maybe, which maybe can change every time I visit the bloody place, and can't check either the spawning as it happens in a locked-away place.

I thought I'll give 5/5 for the game. If this can be fixed, it'll still be 4/5. If can not be fixed then the game is inherently broken, and don't worth your 50 cent.

PS: has 3 saves near when it opens, and all have the stucked ghost, so it's not Ididn't even try. Despite that way I again had to fight all the Blood Knights With Respawnitis. Ye, the bloody hardest monsters up till the point tend to respawn Just Because Bug at conditions.

EDIT: would it help if I would try to hex-teleport to the merchant? Or that'd just crash and corrupt the whole game?

EDIT 2: ormaybe there's someAoE-spell which could hit through wall (and available in the game at this point)?

Last edited by twillight; 08/03/18 08:45 AM.
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Never tried hex transport so I haven't a clue with that. Don't believe any spells will penetrate walls. I'm just not technical enough for this sort of thing. Have you tried opening a help ticket?

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
A what?
What's "help ticket"?

Support
Support

A support ticket, ie email support.
Email me (raze@larian.com) or post/PM a Dropbox or Google Drive link, etc, for your save there.

At least with the disk version, alt-tabbing out of the game and back can shift NPC/character locations slightly, which in some circumstances could get them into or through a wall (or other obstruction).

Getting a summoning doll to spawn on the opposite side of a wall (armory trick in act 1), having it enter the battlefields and then returning will place your characters on the other side (or in acts 2 and 3 you can use the teleporter pyramids). The ghost might be targetable from the opposite side.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Thx. I'll keep this option in mind.
But miracle happened. Somehow last time I turned in the game it let me save with the Ghost In The Wall. All else was dead. When I loaded in to make a proper save to send instead of a quicksave, somehow all ghosts were reset.
Don't ask.
I'm glad it happened.

----------

EDIT: lol, still had to learn hex-teleporting. Hexadecimal is confusing, but succeeded. It was needed because in Act 4, Academy lvl 2 (summoning level) the guard of the Training Room is 5 cm inside the room, lol.
The place is inconsequential, and the situation was obvious fortunately. Still sy could check it out if this is a one-time occurence or can add a quick fix (or just do hex-teleporting, lol).

Last edited by twillight; 12/03/18 11:02 PM.
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
---- and people say that magic doesn't exist. woehoe

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard