Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Detect Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Larian_KVN
No worries Detect wink
To each his own, that's the beauty of modding, right?

All these updates are getting me hyped by now. This is not good for my health...

I best add that Larian has created a beautiful tool and thanks for all the hard work The Larian team has done. Acomplished. Larian products are very high quality. I am only criticizing a subjective thing smile

Last edited by Detect; 09/03/18 02:45 AM.
D
Detect Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Kool...

Yoh,

I best update what I have been up too!

Oh man,

can you say quality assurance?

Its a first pass at best!

Burning lots of hours on making sure spawned items, creatures actually spawn were I intended them to.Testing out four areas in terms of spawning content. Its a big task but again knowledge creep has lead me to some interesting ways of checking my work!

Do all my creatures actually respawn?
Many hours trouble shooting and configuring. I can confidently say YES! In the four the areas I have tested, now... Everything is spawning/Re-spawning, were it should be, 100% confidence!
Repaired a bunch of DB issues, were I named stuff the same, so it wasn't respawning, Dwah!

You know, amateur stuff smile

Next thing, I have been tweaking-on is MINI-MAPS!

The way they look in terms of negative space. So I pulled in the level mini-maps for clean up in GIMP. Mini-Maps are starting to look good!

Bug fixes: Major over haul of some things! I have been putting off...Silly things like, Secret area Pre-triggers... You may not know what I mean, but it demanded at least 50 hours of my time!

We're into polish stage on the current content. I am not creating any more content... Until prior content is polished!

Getting near that position!

I really want to get on to Dialog, but be assured! I have reinforced current dialogs and they are ready.

Also, considered DR in terms of starting to get to the level were; if I lost my work, it would be unrecoverable for me.

I have a single backup. Locally. But wanted to extend that to GoogleDrive, but it failed on about 6 files...I really like having a "cloud" back-up plan, like GD.Any others have the same issue? I have no idea if GD rejected it because of security, or what...

Last edited by Detect; 14/03/18 02:19 AM.
M
M
Nice to see this thing develop and the drive you have to make the mod.

I too had trouble with storing back-up copies on Google Drive, but I resolved the issue by zipping the files before uploading. This also reduce the time to upload like twentyfold.

D
Detect Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by MAHak
Nice to see this thing develop and the drive you have to make the mod.

I too had trouble with storing back-up copies on Google Drive, but I resolved the issue by zipping the files before uploading. This also reduce the time to upload like twentyfold.

sweet! Thanks for the tip MAHak!

D
Detect Offline OP
OP Offline
D
This weeks update.

Play testing continues. Endless hours playing (fun stuff).

Testing Companions. There are currently three Companions (Fighter, Mage, Rogue) Really their place holders, because I will be adding a lot more to chose from and I will be building them out so they become more interesting. Currently their 250Gold each to join your party at level 1. But in testing this is way to cheep, the cost will be going up to around 650 gold and adding options for higher level Companions that start at level 4.Companions all work perfectly in the mod so far. Things I have noticed: Switching between PC and companions, the monsters on the mini map will disappear when a companion is selected, switching back and the red dots appear with my PC. might be intended not sure yet.

New area Dungeon "ChappleHall" I may have posted about the level a few times. It was just an empty area until now. I have build it out completed the work like Cam-locks, Secret area triggers. Monster attack range! < was a big issue in this area. Mini map. respawning monsters and treasure. Now Play testing through.

World Design:
White-boarded the final areas planned for this mod. I have a draft zone map now. Areas that still need to be built are: (names are subject to change)

UpTop- expansion. Uptop is currently a swamp. But I will be expanding the area.

UnderRuin- dungeon and sewer system. Runs under OldRuin and has a natural cave area that connects to the old cities sewer system.

Forest-FootHills:
Hub for three connecting zones. Large forest with access to the mountain.

Mountain-lair
Home of the 30th level Dragon

OrcCitadel
Home of the Dragon army.

A few supporting dungeons will be sprinkled on these.

World issues:
Fixing design issues really in some places, where I used an Event trigger rather then a Box trigger. Its a big deal to replace and feeling the pain as anticipated. I need to find and replace about 60 triggers and then find and replace their UID's in the complimenting script. Not hard, just work.

Scripting. As suspected impacting time. Time spent on scripting is in the deficit for sure. Some challenges ahead are. Quest/journal dialog scripting. The dialog editor is very basic in terms of features so one must fully understand how to match up Dialog flags with scripting. This can be onerous. especially when testing and its not working out, you can have a bad day here for sure. One silly thing can make me lose many hours, until I discover the problem and repair it. This project would benefit from a lead scripter. For now I will go as far as I can.

Last edited by Detect; 19/03/18 03:06 PM.
D
Detect Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Started to created a steam guide that will be the primary place for screen caps, maps, lists of monsters treasure. etc.My build notes and patch notes.

I will continually keep the "Guide" at steam up-to-date.

I was considering confluence or some wiki, but this will rock-it much better.
I will keep posting here in another new thread that is more specific to the project.

so this thread is closing soon.

Last edited by Detect; 23/03/18 11:44 PM.
D
Detect Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I will be Steam broadcasting when building my mode
If you want to watch me work. Look me up on steam.
Its usually up, on weekends and during weeknights.

Steam user Name is: MONKWORKS

D
Detect Offline OP
OP Offline
D

Last edited by Detect; 30/03/18 01:32 PM.
addict
addict
Ooohhh, screenshots! <3
Looks really good Detect! Glad to see your constant work paying off smile

Last edited by Larian_KVN; 03/04/18 03:50 PM.

CTRL+K the elf
D
Detect Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Larian_KVN
Ooohhh, screenshots! <3
Looks really good Detect! Glad to see your constant work paying off smile

Thanks for the support and encouragement. it helps smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard