Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I love Divinity II, and I played it on the 360 years ago. With its triumphant return via xbox one backwards compatibility I was wondering if there is anyway to avoid the glitch where Kirill no longer plays music in the throne room, so I can avoid it in my new playthrough.

Also, does the glitch occur in the developer's cut version on PC? I own it on PC via GOG but haven't played far enough into it to find out for myself. I've been scouring the internet trying to find an answer without any luck.

And one final question, does anyone know if the 360 version is fully patched or if it falls a patch or two short compared to PC? Details on this are scarce as well.

I hope people haven't forgotten this gem of a game.

Support
Support

Wasn't that primarily triggered by leaving the throne room before a requested tune had finished? Or was that part fixed?

There were some compatibility updates in the Developer's Cut, but I don't think many fixes compared to DKS (the save format changed, and a couple rare issues are rarer in D2:DC). I don't recall if this was fixed or occurred less in D2:DC.

I think the Xbox version is patched as much as the PC version of DKS. The North American Xbox release was the last version to be released, since no publishers there wanted to sign a deal before seeing the European sales figures.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I think you're right as far as the cause of the bug being the leaving of the area before a song finishes. I can vaguely recall leaving mid song and realizing I had broken something but my save was considerably far back progress-wise so I ignored it.

Good to hear that the Xbox version should be up to date. That eliminates any possibility of the bug being caused by an out of date version.

It'll take a while (I was a teen when I first played the game, so I had more time to dedicate to it), but when I reach that point in the game I'll be careful not to interrupt the song playback. I'll see if I can reach the end of the game without the bug occurring and I will update this post to help anyone that tries to find information about this in the future.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
An update as we approach almost a year from this original post. I have not forgotten about my commitment to share information regarding this issue, but I have not yet reached that point in my playthrough.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
At long last, after some extensive testing, I have answers to share as to what causes a song to stop playing. Raze was correct in stating that leaving the throne room before a song is finished causes it to never play again, but there is more to it than that. Here are my findings:

-Once a song is chosen, it will loop continuously, therefore there is no real "end" of a song to wait for.
-Therefore, you will always be in a situation in which you will be leaving the throne room while a song is playing (unless you do not start any songs to begin with), which will cause you to lose access to that song.
-Once you lose access to a song, it cannot be selected to cancel another song from playing and revert the throne room to a silent state. Therefore, there is a snowball effect where you slowly lose your songs one by one.
-Naturally, this is a nasty bug, as the loss of one song will likely cause a player to listen to another, only to lose access to that song as well, and so on until none remain.
-Even simply travelling to the other rings of the Battle Tower will cause the loss of songs.

However, it is also important to note that the bug is not only caused by leaving the throne room, but also by exiting the game. This is important to note, as I suspect the throne room is a popular spot to save the game before quitting out. Here are my findings regarding that particular scenario:

-Saving the game while a song is playing will cause that song to never play again upon reloading.
-This creates the same snowball effect described previously as a playthrough continues.

So, is there a way to avoid this bug? Well, yes, but it requires a bit of care:

-To avoid the bug, save the game every time you visit the Battle Tower BEFORE playing any songs whatsoever. Listen to the songs, enjoy them, then reload the save you made before you played them. This will ensure you do not lose any songs, but is impractical for normal gameplay.
-Of course, you could also simply not play the songs at all.

Personally, this saving and loading loop would cause me to lose my mind over the course of a playthrough, so I have the following advice to give to anyone that experiences this bug. Get the soundtrack or listen to the game's music on YouTube. Enjoy the tracks in-game while you can, but just know that you will eventually lose them all. I know that the Developer's Cut on PC comes with the soundtrack (at least on GOG), and the physical 360 copy of DKS comes with a soundtrack CD.

All testing was performed on the 360 version of DKS running on an Xbox One through backwards compatibility. I attempted to test this bug in the Developer's Cut, but my PC is too weak, and the game crashes whenever I attempt to load it. If anyone from the PC crowd would like to add to this discussion, or confirm that the same bug exists in DC, please do so.

I apologize for how long this information took to gather and report, but I hope it can prove useful to anyone that finds themselves scouring the internet for answers, like I did, only now they may actually find an answer, rather than nothing.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Huh I often wondered why Kirill's songs would not play again. Now I know smile thanks. Finished the game for the 3rd time in 10 years so it will be a while before I play it again if at all.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
A quick note to add. I was able to boot up DC and the bug is still present in that version of the game.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard