Print Thread
#645080 15/04/18 07:01 AM
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Good day fellas,

I'm brand new in this forum, but few days ago I started to build my own custom campaign using Divinity Engine 2.

Accordingly to the many tutorials available on the web, both official and made by youtuber I almost solved every issue, except one: where is the water?

In the Instance Painter Panel I add my precious water Visual Resource (for example NAT_Water_Lake resource) from the Resource Manager, then, following some tips I found on the web, use the Lower Terrain tool in the Terrain Panel in order to create a depression, but no sign of water, even if the tutorial I have seen water should be found in that way.

I even try to just use the Decal Painter to test and check if at least I could make a wet surface, but, nope.

It seems water is gone dry in my Divinity Engine 2.

Any idea, tip or tutorial that can help me to achieve my main goal:

- add a river to the map
- add a lake to the map

Kind regards,

Lowelheim

apprentice
apprentice
oof, I need to take off one of my videos showing people how to use the instance painter and water. Use a water plane instead from the scenery section (right click on the little green tree) and type in "water" in the search bar. It should pop up with a few selections. I use the Lake Scenery because it already comes with the water physics (you can always shrink it down). That way you can move the water up or down, rotate it or do whatever you want with it. but... for all that is holy, don't use instance painter to place your water.

I am sorry if it is one of my videos you watched.

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Hi Dima01, you are right, it was one of your video tutorial in youtube I was using to try to put water in place. :D

This video: Divinity Original Sin 2: The Divinity Engine 2 Water, Rivers, Lakes, Puddles

Now, thank for the advice, I try the other way you suggested here, I hope water will be my side or I will have an enormous crater dry instead of a lake in my campaign map. :D

BTW, since I have waited 1800 seconds for this reply, I tested it and it works!

Thank you very much DIMA01, no longer dry and thirsty!

Kind regards,

Lowelheim

I made a short video some time ago how I do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pigxUowRI6A

Tiqon #645162 17/04/18 08:56 AM
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Thank you very much Tiqon!

Kind reagards

Lowelheim

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard