Next Thread
Print Thread
#645475 28/04/18 10:55 AM
K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
Hello! I bought a Russian version of the beyond divinity steam version. I have a problem ... low FPS when I press the alt key when in the location a lot of items start freezes in me, just freezes when I buy things from traders !!! this is my favorite game, please give me a solution! my configuration is windows 10 x64 16gb ram, nvidia 960, core i7 2600
in the rest of the game process no freezes...

Support
Support

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before trying to start the game?

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.

Try exiting out of the Steam client, and starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\beyond_divinity\div.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator.
Right click the executable, select Properties, switch to the Compatibility tab, and set it to run in a compatibility mode (Win9x, or XP, etc). You can also set it to always run as administrator, and 'disable display scaling on high DPI settings'.

Try the 4GB Patch to increase the amount of virtual memory that the game (or any 32 bit application) can access in 64 bit versions of Windows.

K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
I tried everything, read on all sorts of forums ... nothing helps. and now even when there are a lot of things on the screen, and I collect them in inventory, the game crashes ... I'm still in the first act of the game ... I have nostalgia for this game, what can I do to make it work fine? because the divine divinity was very good on my computer ...

Last edited by kraken0690; 30/04/18 04:44 AM.
K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
4 gb patch also did not help me (((

K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
now now))) when I throw a bomb in the lava in the first act, the second act is not loaded and the following error occurs:
failed getting map 0 (reverted to startup which failed too)

Last edited by kraken0690; 30/04/18 05:39 AM.
K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
you are cool guys, you release very good games, please help to solve the problem

K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
Hello! Is there news on my problem? if necessary I can even shoot video of the game process, so that it would be clearer what the essence of the problem is !? GOG version exactly with the same problem, only there version 1.5.
Should I wait for an answer or just forget about this game? smile

Last edited by kraken0690; 03/05/18 06:57 AM.
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
I think Raze is the only one here who has the ability to help with this but, as a developer, he can only do so when he is away from his normal duties. He'll likely answer at some point but I have no idea as to how long it'll take. This section has been quiet - not very many monitor here. It's a long shot but, have you tried the GoG forum for the Divinity series?

Another thing you might try is to open a support ticket here and refer them to this thread so they can see what was already suggested and didn't work.

Last edited by caninelegion; 03/05/18 11:36 PM.
K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K

on the forum gog I did not write, just read, can anyone had such a problem, but unfortunately on their forum I also did not find anything. I will wait for a response from Raze smile

Support
Support

Sorry, between email support and some real life stuff taking up a bunch of time the past couple weeks, I have not been checking the forum very often, except to delete spam.

Do you get the same error leaving act 2 via the stairway near Samuel's lair? Most likely you would, if the problem is with the map itself.

Please email your save at the end of the act to supportbeyond@larian.com.

For the performance problem with items and tooltips:
Primarily with the disk version, a few people had general performance problem with Beyond Divinity, particularly (sometime exclusively) with the steam vent effect, such as on the initial level of the game. While not the same symptoms, you can try the troubleshooting suggestions and workarounds for that. See New machine...BD is in slow motion!.

For the GOG version, here is an unofficial download for the 4 files in the 1.506 patch (div.exe, DivDialogSystem.dll, Osiris.dll, slash1.dll). Extract it into the Beyond Divinity folder, overwriting the files there (make a backup first, if you are so inclined). The archive is in the 7-Zip .7z format (rename to .exe if you don't have an archive manager that supports this format). See this GOG topic for details.

K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K

thanks, tonight I'll try to do everything as you wrote and install the patch

K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
I limited RAM to 3072 MB, but unfortunately the brakes were the same. with inventory, I have no problems, my problem is that when there are a lot of things on the screen on the screen, and I press ALT to see what kind of things these are, I immediately get low FPS. so the fall in FPS is observed when I change with traders. I still was able to download the second act, had already passed to the village of demons, but the problem with the FPS remained the same.

Last edited by kraken0690; 04/05/18 10:08 AM.
K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K

I do not know what to do to make a comfortable game smile I really want to go through it and start the next part

K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
and by the way the patch that you threw off - for the English version of the game ...

Last edited by kraken0690; 04/05/18 05:11 PM.
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Since I can't read the Russian alphabet, I haven't tried this (to see if it is still there) but this might be useful to you: http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=272249#Post272249.

It mentions and gives a site for the Russian publisher (BUKA) - the patch 1.506 may be there.

K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
no, the Russian publisher has not laid out patches for a long time, the last patch on their website is v1.49

Last edited by kraken0690; 05/05/18 02:51 AM.
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Well, it was a good idea while it lasted.

Support
Support

Did you try a lower limit for the RAM?

If you switch the game to English and start a new game, does the FPS drop still happen?

Maybe you could try playing the game in a virtual machine, to see if it will work without this problem in XP. See here or here, for example.

K
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K

no thanks, I will play in the amateur smile in general, thanks for the efforts of all.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hi everyone.

My wife has the same issue with her Russian Steam version of the game (1.506): 2-4 fps in traders' menu while 40 fps in all other areas.

Tried to help her using every solution I found:
- my PC instead of hers
- turning off AV
- 4GB Patch
- djVoodoo D3D files
- various div.exe compatibility settings
- turning off shadow, fog, etc
- game files hex editing
- other "solutions" from this forums and from Google search

Nothing helped.

But, guess what? There's no such an issue with the English Steam version!

Yes, that means I switched the game language to English, started a new game and found no issues at all - wonderful 40 fps all the way including the traders' menu.

It's not a big deal for me to play the English version, but a real headache for my wife.

So, could anyone please share a working solution of the issue with me?

Thank you very much in advance!

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard