Print Thread
R
Rumik Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Hi there!

I'm really excited to play this on Xbox, but am having trouble connecting to an online game. I'm creating a game and inviting another account into the lobby before the game begins, and I'm getting an error code: 0x0043.

Both xboxes are on the same network, connected via ethernet, tho I have also tried with wifi, and alternating.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

Thanks!

R
Rumik Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Oh btw, both accounts are on the trial - I haven't purchased yet because I wanted to test the co-op functionality was working first :)

R
Rumik Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Looks like it was a corporate network issue - the one thing I didn't try was both consoles on the wifi, rather than the ethernet, as the two are different networks. Works now smile

Support
Support

Thank you for the update. I was checking with the programmers on this error, and updated them with your fix, so hopefully they can figure out if it is something we can address or it is an issue with Xbox Live.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I have the same issue, except we have tried everything and can’t figure it out. I can join others groups. We both checked our nats and they both show as open. We have both restarted routers and power cycled the Xbox. We attempted each to host and no luck. We can join in Xbox chat together. Same error code and my friends and we share the same Provider we live like a few houses down. Any help would be much appreciated.

T
stranger
stranger
T
We were able to join up last night online. It doesn’t look like anything on our end changed so I assume you guys made some changes.... thank you, the game is fantastic!

Support
Support

I'm glad you were able to connect. There wasn't a game update, so it was likely a change/fix on Microsoft's end, and hopefully it will stay fixed.

stranger
stranger
So I am having an issue connecting where we have played for many hours together and now all of a sudden we just keep getting the connection failed error message. We have both deserted our Xbox consoles and routers with no luck. This started happening to us December 3rd and does not seem to get better. We have also tried playing other games together and it connects fine. We tried starting a new game and are still unable to connect, is there any solution on the forum that I have missed for solving this issue?

Thanks and love the game so far, just wish we could play it :(

Support
Support

Another person reported a problem connecting tonight (only between those 2 friends; they could each join other people), then reported back that this was a known issue with Xbox Live, affecting multiple games.
They didn't mention exactly when it started, though; the error code was also 0x0043 in that case (which just means Xbox Live failed to create a connection).

They didn't say how widespread the issue was, just that Microsoft confirmed other people were reporting similar issues. It may only affect certain games (such as those using peer to peer connections, rather than multiplayer servers), for example, or it could be a separate issue in your case.

Have you tried joining through the lobby, as well as the invite function?

If you have the online visibility set to invite only, try increasing it to friends only or public.

Have you tried switching who was hosting?

Have you tried hosting/joining an Arena match?

Have either of you tried playing with anyone else?

Can you try switching either or both Xboxes between wired and wi-fi connections, if available? A couple people in the same household who got this error when trying to connected managed to fix it by having both Xboxes connect via wi-fi on a different network than the wired connection. Using a different network shouldn't be necessary if you are not on the same LAN, but maybe the connection method will make a difference, if you have not already tried that.

stranger
stranger
Hey thank you for your quick response. We tried a large amount of the stuff above, but nothing worked. It seems you were correct in the peer to peer connection. It seems that it does not have quite the support servers do and it just goes out. We tried to play yesterday night after almost giving up and it randomly just worked like nothing happened. It seems the Xbox live peer to peer connection sometime just decides you will not get to play together for a while, but I am happy we get to continue our campaign again.

Thank you for your quick response again and your help!

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard