Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Damashi Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Will there be any tweaks to performance for DOS2DE? Act 1 and 3 run mostly great only dropping frames near certain areas like Lucian's statue, but acts 2 and 4 often drop below 50 fps in alot of areas (even sub 30 in places like Driftwood square). Indoor areas and dungeons are fine though and run at 75 fps. Nvdida and the game's auto detect settings function both say I should be able to run the game on ultra. Also turning down graphics settings from ultra to very low makes very little difference in performance.

Specs:
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 1060
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model: GL702VM
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16320MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Last edited by Damashi; 20/06/18 12:38 AM.
veteran
veteran
Honestly, if you're having fps issues with your specs, I'm more concerned there's something else going on... What resolution are you running at, and have you done any tweaks in Nvidia Control Panel?

Damashi Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by The Composer
Honestly, if you're having fps issues with your specs, I'm more concerned there's something else going on... What resolution are you running at, and have you done any tweaks in Nvidia Control Panel?

1920 x 1080, and I have not touched Nvidia Control Panel.

Support
Support

There will be performance and memory usage optimizations in the Definitive Edition, though you shouldn't really need either.

Damashi Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Raze

There will be performance and memory usage optimizations in the Definitive Edition, though you shouldn't really need either.

Just hearing DOS2DE should run a bit better puts my mind at ease.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard