Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Hello! I'm playing DD for the first time (woo!) and have a problem: I didn't get the Dragon Shield the first time I was in the castle, and now after breaking back in with the teleporter, there's no bronze key to open that storage room. I have like three bronze keys in my inventory from who knows where, but none of them seem to be the correct one.

In older posts here, various savegame editors were suggested, but none of them seem to be working/exist any more. I did find a stats editor and an item editor, but neither will move me to the storage room, nor get me the right key, or anything like that.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

-Lucian

T
stranger
stranger
T
Hi friend,

I'm no expert, and now that the site which hosted Kiya's stuff has gone poof, I really don't know how to do it...

But I think you can edit the save file, possibly for your position. And you can do that with just a hex editor program, and there are many out there for free.

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=77614#Post77614

Now, that thread largely talks about using the hex editor but also the teleporter stones to go in-between worlds - which is also an option maybe...

Because, you may be able to cheese the game by pressing Caps Lock (which allows you to free pan around the world) and throw your stone into the room from the map set you are in. How? Well if you try and throw far enough, I find that pesky walls often don't matter anymore.

Of course, how do you see where the room is from elsewhere... Okay, so the way it works is, a lot of the dungeons are technically on the same map plane. They are just fogged out. Interestingly, I had a bug that would disable this fog and I could see surrounding dungeons! Raze gave me the solution in a thread I made...

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=650094#Post650094

I'm not sure that one was broken in my game by that time. Maybe, if you see this over the next three days or so while I'm still checking back, we could find a way for me to send you my shroud file???

Then, maybe you could go to the farthest flung dungeon, and throw your pyramid into the castle dungeon?

Or perhaps you will figure out the hex thing... It may end up being easier.

T
stranger
stranger
T
P.S.

I think there are some other threads around that talk about the in-between world (black space between mapped areas), pyramid jumping, and hex editing. Maybe even some prominent ones!

You can also try using Google translate to look into the other languages version of the Divine Divinity forum, seeing as I think at least a few, if not most, of the pioneers on this stuff looked to me like they may have been possibly German, or some other nationality...

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard