Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
stranger
stranger
Cool! I tried a while ago (I think it was December 2019) and it did not work on my Mac could not find in the recent patch notes any reference to the AVX2 patch (also the store page on steam still says 2013 Mac Pro onwards). But I tried again today and behold! it works!!!! thanks!!! and even better I can just continue were I left from playing the game via Bootcamp under Windows ;-)

Playing the game on max detail with 60 fps (vsync) on my 2010 Mac Pro with a Radeon RX 580 feels good!

Cheers,
Michiel.

Support
Support

The initial update for 2010 CPUs was a while ago, but if you have a Xeon CPU, that was only added in the update a month ago (on Steam and GOG).
Official support remains at late 2013, since earlier MacPro models do not have stock GPUs with Metal support.

stranger
stranger
Hi

I just bought the game on Steam, but it won't launch. I get a popup box with the message, "An error occurred while updating Divinity: Original Sin 2 (unknown error)"

I have already uninstalled/reinstalled it, verified game files, etc. Here are my system specs:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro16,1
Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i9
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 16 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 64 GB

MacOS Catalina 10.15.3

thanks!

stranger
stranger
I took advice from elsewhere in the forum and started the game app itself outside of Steam. It worked fine. I then quit the game and tried starting from Steam, and all is working now. So that's something to try if you ever see this on Mac.

stranger
stranger
Hello,

Have ~30 hours in to the game and its starting to freeze for ~5-30 seconds every few seconds during battles. If I play through it and finish the battle it stops freezing and I can continue playing until the next battle when it starts freezing again. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I already turned all my settings to the lowest possible level.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019)
1.4 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8 GB 2133 MHz
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 1536 MB

macOS Catalina, Version 10.15.3

Thank you.

stranger
stranger
Hey,

I have 51 hours played in divinity 2 and about a week ago or so it just started lagging getting random freezes, especially in battle the freezes get way longer,
before the latest catalina update it even crashed my Mac all the time in battles! after the latest update I just get freezes, strange thing is it worked perfectly before, no lags what so ever,
with very high settings, even now i decreased the settings and the issue is the same.

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics (dual graphic cards that switch automatically, non gaming:Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB, when divinity is on it should be using Radeon 5300M)

I also noticed the CPU usage is going between 90%-110% outside of battle all the time
the GPU not in battle is saying 35% usage
I also have plenty of space in my HD
while writing this I am also seeing Steam itself going over 100% CPU while out of the game completely?! not sure what it going on there.

*update - I just opened divinity 2 main screen I and i got a spike of 200%± cpu usage... and now back to around 76% only on the main screen.. no game active

Please let me know what can be done to fix this... thanks

Last edited by gulma22; 04/04/20 09:42 AM.
Support
Support

If you check the graphics options in-game, is the Radeon card listed?

Did you try lowering the game resolution, as well, or switching to Windowed display mode, to see if that would make a difference?

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.

In OSX, disable double buffering, if applicable. If that helps, try triple buffering.

Hold the Cmd button on game startup to get to the configuration menu where you can try enabling the workarounds there.

Try creating a new OSX administrator user account (either with the Documents folder in the default location, or on a different drive, if available), switch to that account and try starting the game from there.

If performance is fine in a new account, but not after switching back to your current account, disable cloud support, if applicable, either globally (in the client click on the Steam menu and select Settings, and then Cloud) or just for this game (in the library right click Divinity: Original Sin 2 and select Properties, then switch to the Updates tab and check the Steam Cloud section).

Next, try browsing to the '~/Documents/Larian Studios' folder and rename the 'Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition' folder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup. With cloud support enabled, the client would just download the cloud copy of your existing profile.
After that, start the game and see if the performance is affected. Create a new profile when prompted, and if the initial performance is ok, try starting a new game to test. If that works, exit and copy a couple saves from the renamed folder into the newly created profile's ../Savegames/Story folder. If that continues let you play with normal performance, move the rest of the saves over.
If there is no improvement, delete the new Documents D:OS 2 DE folder and rename the original back again.

stranger
stranger
Hi,
I just bought Divinity Original Sin 2 and tried to start a new game and in the second menu (History menu) appears like this images.

https://imgur.com/AAYGtSw

I run it in a:

MacBook Pro Retina 13'' (early 2015)

OS - High Sierra 10.13.6

2,9 GHz Intel Core i5

RAM - 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

SSD 512 GB

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
If someone can help me, like reducing my Graphic preferences or something like that i appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vometia; 08/04/20 03:02 AM. Reason: linky
Support
Support

This is a known driver issue with some Intel graphics (Iris based, or integrated graphics earlier than Haswell), which should be fixed with the OSX 10.14.4 update or later.

stranger
stranger
SO should i install Catalina?

Support
Support

Yes, or Mojave (but I think your system should support Catalina).

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

Yes, or Mojave (but I think your system should support Catalina).

Problem solved, thanks!

stranger
stranger
Hi,

I just downloaded Divinity 2 Original Sin and I am continuing to have graphical errors. There is a white "fuzz" that appears all over the screen. As well the screen becomes almost monochrome in red and black. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you.

Support
Support

Please update or upgrade to Mojave (or Catalina, if possible). The red tint and graphical artifacts are a known driver issue with some Intel graphics (Iris based, or integrated graphics earlier than Haswell), which should be fixed with the OSX 10.14.4 update or later.

The screen being very dark is a known issue if HDR is enabled on a system that does not support it. Hold the Cmd button on game startup to get to the configuration menu where you can disable HDR again.

If both your GPU and display have HDR support, this may also be an issue with the settings. To calibration HDR:
- Ensure you have Automatic Brightness Adjustments enabled (System Preferences/Display)
- Go to Options->HDR settings
- Start with Max Brightness and Min Contrast
- Press ‘Apply’
- DON’T apply general video settings. Just click close button and Discard the settings; there is a known bug with this
- next, adjust the HDR Brightness/Contrast settings to your preference (note that there is a known issue with this that can result in the changes not being applied, which should be fixed in a future game update)

stranger
stranger
New purchase on Steam yesterday. I have a 2020 Macback Air and I am suffering from repeated crashes (segmentation fault, stack trace, the works) when loading a save. I thought it might be a corrupted save file as I had some joy last night going back to a previous save but that isn't working this morning.

I have the quad core i5.

Support
Support

If you create a new profile and start a new game, can you save and load properly?

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs before starting the game, especially anti-virus and any backup programs that may be monitoring the Documents folder?

Try browsing to the ~/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/LevelCache folder and delete the contents. A corrupt file there can cause problems when saving or loading.
For the App Store version (if anyone else has similar problems), the path is: /Users/<UserName>/Library/Containers/com.larian.dos2/Data/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/LevelCache

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Start/restart your Mac and hold the Shift key down as soon as the progress bar comes up in the startup window, releasing it after the desktop appears. Alternately, from the login window, hold the Shift key when you click the Log In button, and release it when you see the Dock.

Try creating a new OSX administrator user account (either with the Documents folder in the default location, or on a different drive, if available), switch to that account and try starting the game from there.

If a new game is fine, please email supportdos2@larian.com with your latest save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc). If you are using any non-Larian mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames/Story' folder.
In Finder you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting compress.

stranger
stranger
Clearing the level cache had no effect I'm afraid. I've emailed the information to the address provided as I've since discovered that any save from the ship works at any time, but any save after the point you reach Fort Joy only works during the session it was created in. Once the game has been loaded, any save from Fort Joy causes a crash.

I will still try the hold-shift-during-boot thing. As for another macOS administrator account, can I access my downloaded Steam stuff from another macOS account or will I need to redownload?

Also, thank you for replying on a Sunday!

Last edited by simonjefford; 26/04/20 09:15 AM.
Support
Support

You should be able to run the game from Steam in a different OSX account without needing to re-install, or you can browse to the install folder in Finder and launch the game with or without Steam running. In Steam, right click the game in the library, select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and click the 'Browse Local Files...' to open Finder at the install folder.

stranger
stranger
Hi, I recently bought a new computer and restored it from my old mac. Unfortunately the game stopped being able to load. I get to the intro screen fine, but loading my saved game eventually crashes the game before it loads, with a segmentation fault 11. I redownloaded from steam, and still no dice. I had bought the game in the last month and had played through a fair amount; I would be sad to stop being able to play! (My old computer is not longer functioning for other reasons).

my details:
Macbook air 13"
MacOS catalina 10.15.3
1.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB

Support
Support

Can you create a new profile, start a new game (on story difficulty) and save/load? If that works, try skipping through the ship as much as possible to get to Fort Joy, and see if you can save and reload there. If that works, exit, restart and see if you can still reload the Fort Joy save.

Try lowering the resolution and graphics settings, and switching to Windowed display mode, to see if that will make a difference. In particular, try disabling shadows; that avoided a crash reloading Fort Joy saves reported recently on a MacBook Air.

You can try updating to the latest Catalina 10.15.5 beta version. There are some driver fixes in the latest beta which might help, and Intel is currently looking in to the crash in the drivers when reloading Fort Joy saves, mentioned above (two people have also reported a crash trying to join or create a multiplayer lobby on a MacBook Air recently, one helped by the beta, who was already playing in windowed mode, and the other who tried the beta first, but still crashed until they disabled shadows and vsync).
Apple has a signup process to be able to get access to the betas. I'm not sure if there is an estimate for the public release.

If a new save and multiplayer is fine:

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs before starting the game, especially anti-virus and any backup programs that may be monitoring the Documents folder?

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Start/restart the Mac and hold the Shift key down as soon as the progress bar comes up in the startup window, releasing it after the desktop appears. Alternately, from the login window, hold the Shift key when you click the Log In button, and release it when you see the Dock.

If the beta or lowering the settings doesn't help, please email supportdos2@larian.com with your latest save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc). If you are using any non-Larian mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '~/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames/Story' folder.
In Finder you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting compress.

Also include a crash report (collected in the 'Console' application, under 'User Reports'). Alternately, the crash reports may be saved in the '~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports' or '~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter' folders.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard