Howdy-ho fellow Mac players.
First of all don't worry if you have Mac issues. DOS2 Port is going to be supported and patched - the game will improve and evolve. So without further ado here's the list of issues you should be aware of:
1. Lesser than Haswell iGPU's are exhibiting artefacts and red tint. That's the most widely spread issue. And it's a known Intel driver issue. And Intel is fully aware and even more the fix is almost here. But - there is always 'but' there is a catch. You will have to upgrade to 10.14.4. Next week there might be 10.14.4 beta 2 which already will have lots of improvements. Also there will be DOS2 patch which should fix everything for Iris users.
UPDATE: You can try latest DOS2 version from Steam and 10.14.4 beta 2 and you will immediately see the improvements. However it's still quite a long way for Intel to go, there are more issues and they are being resolved right now. We understand that can exhaust your patience but it's nothing we can do - we already have major issue fixed - time to fix smaller ones. And please don't yet report the issues with Iris - we know them all
2. Non AVX CPU's are not supported. This means XEON based MacPro's 2010 and other old Macs will exhibit ILLEGAL INSTRUCTION exception. We will be working with MacPro users first to remedy this issue and have a fix soon. Anybody interested in helping devs with MacPro support and those with MacPro can mail firstname.lastname@example.org and state just this - "I have MacPro, I can test and help - route me to Mac developers".
UPDATE: Official version on Steam/Gog should support Mac Pro 2013 as of today. We're working on MacPro 2010 support.
3. NVIDIA is not officially supported. Well duh, that's it. Nothing we're going to do about this right now.
UPDATE: We have decided to explain a bit more about NVIDIA. We work with Apple Metal Engineering team on any issue with Metal we encounter. We have solid support from Intel and solid support from AMD. This means that for every issue on those cards we could get a timeline of fix availability. For NVIDIA we can't get any timelines. So we can't tell you - when things will be fixed. However we have decided to mount some pressure on Apple bugtracker with Nvidia support to get at least a definite answer whether we can get NV working in a reasonable timeframe or this is not possible at all. So let's keep fingers crossed.
We will add issues to the list, but hopefully It will stay short